Pages:
Author

Topic: X6500 Custom FPGA Miner - page 25. (Read 219954 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 501
March 04, 2012, 04:00:51 AM
@coretechs
for p2pool i made the best results with the x6500-miner
donator
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
March 04, 2012, 03:10:04 AM
Hi guys, happy to join the X6500 miners.

It's a little hacked looking right now but I have 4 units up and running.  I'm waiting for parts to build a proper/permanent case but for now I just loaded the 166mhz bitstream and will run them overnight.  MPBM is showing 1333MH/s with ~400 shares accepted on each board and no invalids so I think it's looking good so far.

I'm just mining with gpumax & abcpool right now because I haven't looked into what is needed to get p2pool mining working properly.  Any tips on configuring MPBM for p2pool?  Long-polling config, etc?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
FPGA Mining LLC
March 03, 2012, 06:08:54 AM
If things go well, this will be another couple of weeks of coding time until it is somewhat working, another couple of weeks until it works reasonably well.
I have exams coming up though, so I sadly won't have time to work on this full time. So if I don't manage to finish this really soon, it'll probably have to wait until after the exams, which means that it might take until around the end of May.

What exams are you talking about?  College, CPA, actuary?
University... "Design and analysis of algorithms" and "Formal semantics" are the topics that I'll have an exam in at the end of April.
Really nasty theory stuff, lots of mathematical proving and the like... Not really topics that I like.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
March 03, 2012, 03:14:36 AM
The new version won't have a configuration file any more, instead it will be configured through a web interface.

this is the feature i am waiting for Smiley
Activity: 378
Why is it so damn hot in here?
March 02, 2012, 09:54:16 PM
Manufacturing update!

We now have a firm ETA for the board manufacture to complete on March 6th. I estimate about a week of testing, then they should be shipping out!

*starts counting his change....
Activity: 720
Merit: 525
March 02, 2012, 09:33:34 PM
Manufacturing update!

We now have a firm ETA for the board manufacture to complete on March 6th. I estimate about a week of testing, then they should be shipping out!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
March 02, 2012, 09:01:10 PM
any estimate of when the rewrite might be ready?

If things go well, this will be another couple of weeks of coding time until it is somewhat working, another couple of weeks until it works reasonably well.
I have exams coming up though, so I sadly won't have time to work on this full time. So if I don't manage to finish this really soon, it'll probably have to wait until after the exams, which means that it might take until around the end of May.

What exams are you talking about?  College, CPA, actuary?
FPGA Mining LLC
March 02, 2012, 07:52:09 PM

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
March 02, 2012, 06:43:18 PM
i've been thinking the same thing.  you need to move this to Hardware. 

+1

do you have a sense about how widely MPBM is being adopted?  are you pleased with its functionality?
I'd estimate that there are around 10-30 installations right now, and no, I'm not really pleased with it's functionality yet.
It probably outperforms the standalone software solutions from the FPGA board vendors, but is nowhere near where I want it to be.
This is why I'm currently rewriting it from the ground up, for both better performance and greater flexibility. The new version won't have a configuration file any more, instead it will be configured through a web interface.

FPGA Mining LLC
March 02, 2012, 06:40:09 PM

+1

do you have a sense about how widely MPBM is being adopted?  are you pleased with its functionality?
I'd estimate that there are around 10-30 installations right now, and no, I'm not really pleased with it's functionality yet.
It probably outperforms the standalone software solutions from the FPGA board vendors, but is nowhere near where I want it to be.
This is why I'm currently rewriting it from the ground up, for both better performance and greater flexibility. The new version won't have a configuration file any more, instead it will be configured through a web interface.
legendary
March 01, 2012, 09:02:53 PM

+1

FPGA Mining LLC
March 01, 2012, 09:00:46 PM

+1
legendary
March 01, 2012, 08:59:34 PM
no offense but shouldnt this be in the mining hardware thread

or are you actually selling these cause when i checked cablesaurus they say sold out

Yes, we are actually selling these, but they are temporarily out of stock. I agree though, this doesn't really seem like the right place for this, along with all the old GPUs. Also, the thread has really become more of a place to discuss and get help, not a venue for buying and selling. Anyone object to a move to Bitcoin > Mining > Hardware?

Also, SamHa1n, very nice!

Activity: 720
Merit: 525
March 01, 2012, 08:20:01 PM

or are you actually selling these cause when i checked cablesaurus they say sold out

Yes, we are actually selling these, but they are temporarily out of stock. I agree though, this doesn't really seem like the right place for this, along with all the old GPUs. Also, the thread has really become more of a place to discuss and get help, not a venue for buying and selling. Anyone object to a move to Bitcoin > Mining > Hardware?

Also, SamHa1n, very nice!
donator
Activity: 490
March 01, 2012, 02:06:43 PM
Well done, throw a panel on the front around your digital readout and thats a nice little unit.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
March 01, 2012, 08:35:21 AM
Heatsink/fans are 40mm xilence that originally came stock on ztex fpga boards. Had to mount with epoxy. Removing the stock sinks was rather easy, considering that one just fell off by itself when the board was being lightly handled.

Standard 3.5" external 5 drive enclosure. Replaced the stock 120mm back fan with a variable speed liquid bearing fan. Each board is mounted to 2.5" -> 3.5" drive adapter tray.

PSU is 90W Pico unit

The digital readout is a 4 channel fan controller / temp sensor.

Around $100 of parts, give or take... 
Activity: 438
Activity: 438
March 01, 2012, 08:15:45 AM

c_k
donator
Activity: 242
Merit: 100
March 01, 2012, 05:45:57 AM
They look like motherboard bus heatsink/fan combos from xilence, 40mm I think?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
February 29, 2012, 04:49:28 AM

Hi. Where did you get that enclosure, and what is it exactly, a hdd enclosure? (model number, etc) I'd like to get one too.

Edit: oops, did not realize someone that someone already asked the same question. Sorry for the redundancy. Maybe you missed his reply as well though.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: