Pages:
Author

Topic: Xapo Wallet - page 4. (Read 852 times)

Activity: 1526
Merit: 737
February 27, 2021, 04:24:49 AM
Supposing that I'm wrong, that this address is not associated with Xapo, and it's from another wallet of mine, is it possible to track it? I remember addresses starting with 1** were usually from Xapo.

At one point they changed addresses to a new segwit starting with 3...

It's weird, I also have an account there, which I didn't use for a long time. The last withdraw which I made is from Jully 2017. yet I regularly reactivated the wallet installing the Xapo app and activate it through a phone number. Good thing that I am withdrawn all amount from there, so they did not confiscate anything due to my long inactivity on account.
Asked them to provide me with the address which is associated with my account, they replied with this:

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3EtHJ4DKLNBbfYnjJug17GFqJ3GuE4bsbd

This one shows 0 balance, while they are implying that my account has some BTC which isn't even worth a dollar. I cannot understand whether they are f**cking with me or not. The address I have shows 1.7mBTC, they imply I have a few bits only and at the same time they send me an empty address?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
February 26, 2021, 07:27:46 PM
Supposing that I'm wrong, that this address is not associated with Xapo, and it's from another wallet of mine, is it possible to track it? I remember addresses starting with 1** were usually from Xapo.

At one point they changed addresses to a new segwit starting with 3...

It's weird, I also have an account there, which I didn't use for a long time. The last withdraw which I made is from Jully 2017. yet I regularly reactivated the wallet installing the Xapo app and activate it through a phone number. Good thing that I am withdrawn all amount from there, so they did not confiscate anything due to my long inactivity on account.
February 26, 2021, 03:52:52 PM
Where are you from? I remember that some years ago, XAPO was supporting almost every country but then they decided to cut some of them and maybe you are from that country.

Also, here is the link of their terms and conditions:

Seems they took the fee from your balance, read this quote from their terms:

We may also close your Xapo Account immediately and without notifying you of our decision if any of the following happens:
There has been no transaction on your Xapo Account for more than 24 consecutive months;
Your Xapo Account has no funds and you have not logged in for more than 6 consecutive months;

Also:

23.1. Unclaimed Property. Under applicable law, after a specified period of inactivity by you with respect to your Xapo Account, Xapo may be required to report and/or remit any bitcoins it is holding in custody for you in accordance with applicable laws.Xapo reserves the right to deduct a dormancy fee or other administrative charges from such unclaimed funds, as permitted by applicable law.

So, according to their TOS, your account is blocked and nothing can be done to revoke it.
I'm from Greece, I've also read their TOS, which I find it quite offensive. They are practically claiming money as theirs if you haven't used your account for a few years. As the rule goes, not your keys not your coins. However, I've found an address associated with the account (Posted above) which has a balance.

Activity: 2198
Merit: 847
February 26, 2021, 03:36:30 PM
Where are you from? I remember that some years ago, XAPO was supporting almost every country but then they decided to cut some of them and maybe you are from that country.

Also, here is the link of their terms and conditions:

Seems they took the fee from your balance, read this quote from their terms:

We may also close your Xapo Account immediately and without notifying you of our decision if any of the following happens:
There has been no transaction on your Xapo Account for more than 24 consecutive months;
Your Xapo Account has no funds and you have not logged in for more than 6 consecutive months;

Also:

23.1. Unclaimed Property. Under applicable law, after a specified period of inactivity by you with respect to your Xapo Account, Xapo may be required to report and/or remit any bitcoins it is holding in custody for you in accordance with applicable laws.Xapo reserves the right to deduct a dormancy fee or other administrative charges from such unclaimed funds, as permitted by applicable law.

So, according to their TOS, your account is blocked and nothing can be done to revoke it.
February 26, 2021, 01:42:57 PM
They just replied to me, they are implying that my balance is way too low for it to be withdrawn. According to them, my balance is 0.00001117 BTC, while I can see myself from the BlockExplorer that one of the addresses has almost 2 mBTC. Requested them to provide me with evidence that this address they are referring to is mine.

This is the one I have from the transaction history on my email.
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1BynVdCBgcP3XM2X8V6z4vvMLwFrQq86Kk
February 26, 2021, 11:24:30 AM
Haven't replied to me since yesterday morning, I don't think they'll even reply at this point. I will keep contacting them till I find a solution hopefully. It's not a huge amount of money, but it still is something that is worth approximately $100, I don't see the reason to leave them like that, I cannot understand why they would screw someone like that for such a mere amount of BTC.
As you already know that their customer service is not the best. Since you provided all the documents and Xapo is not willing to offer you the service as you mentioned in your earlier post and if that is the case they need to refund the coins that you are holding in the wallet. You need to specify that they need to forward to a wallet address of your choice and i am sure they will comply with your request.

I had issues with them in the past in terms of their mobile application not functioning properly and what i learned from the experience is that you need to have the patience to have something resolved.

I'm aware of their support, I can wait, that is not my issue, as long as I recover my funds. I sent another email today, and I am now waiting for their response. If they are determined that for whatever reason I cannot use their services, that's fine by me, just provide me with the option to withdraw my balance to another wallet.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
February 26, 2021, 07:28:51 AM
Haven't replied to me since yesterday morning, I don't think they'll even reply at this point. I will keep contacting them till I find a solution hopefully. It's not a huge amount of money, but it still is something that is worth approximately $100, I don't see the reason to leave them like that, I cannot understand why they would screw someone like that for such a mere amount of BTC.
As you already know that their customer service is not the best. Since you provided all the documents and Xapo is not willing to offer you the service as you mentioned in your earlier post and if that is the case they need to refund the coins that you are holding in the wallet. You need to specify that they need to forward to a wallet address of your choice and i am sure they will comply with your request.

I had issues with them in the past in terms of their mobile application not functioning properly and what i learned from the experience is that you need to have the patience to have something resolved.
February 26, 2021, 04:55:52 AM
Hello,
I used to have a wallet on Xapo, it's since 2014 when faucets were popular back then. I managed to recover my account after a quite tiring process, due to their lack of support mostly. After logging in successfully, I was asked for verification, provided my driver's license, a photo of myself and a bank statement from Revolut (It was the only one I had in handy).

After a while, my account was blocked and this is what I received, "Unfortunately, due to compliance or regulatory reasons, we can no longer provide you with our services.". That's it, I cannot even login to my account, which has a balance of a few mBTC. Just like that, I am blocked and haven't even been told why.

What can I do now? Probably nothing I guess.

The dust amounts of old are now actually worth something. And I can imagine how infuriating it is from your end.

The onus is completely on Xapo to give you a full refund of your balances. You have provided the necessary docs as far as I can tell, and even if they decide that they no longer want to offer an account to you, they are obligated to pay what they owe you.

Keep contacting their support and do let us know what occurs. But my personal experience with their micropayments (as well as the experiences of many others) would say that their response times are likely going to be quite crappy, and they'll probably try to avoid the issue now that your few mBTCs might be worth hundreds of bucks.
Haven't replied to me since yesterday morning, I don't think they'll even reply at this point. I will keep contacting them till I find a solution hopefully. It's not a huge amount of money, but it still is something that is worth approximately $100, I don't see the reason to leave them like that, I cannot understand why they would screw someone like that for such a mere amount of BTC. Haven't seen such service blocking your account after providing everything they asked for, now they got all my details and I have nothing in return.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
February 25, 2021, 08:00:51 PM
Hello,
I used to have a wallet on Xapo, it's since 2014 when faucets were popular back then. I managed to recover my account after a quite tiring process, due to their lack of support mostly. After logging in successfully, I was asked for verification, provided my driver's license, a photo of myself and a bank statement from Revolut (It was the only one I had in handy).

After a while, my account was blocked and this is what I received, "Unfortunately, due to compliance or regulatory reasons, we can no longer provide you with our services.". That's it, I cannot even login to my account, which has a balance of a few mBTC. Just like that, I am blocked and haven't even been told why.

The dust amounts of old are now actually worth something. And I can imagine how infuriating it is from your end.

The onus is completely on Xapo to give you a full refund of your balances. You have provided the necessary docs as far as I can tell, and even if they decide that they no longer want to offer an account to you, they are obligated to pay what they owe you.

Keep contacting their support and do let us know what occurs. But my personal experience with their micropayments (as well as the experiences of many others) would say that their response times are likely going to be quite crappy, and they'll probably try to avoid the issue now that your few mBTCs might be worth hundreds of bucks.
February 25, 2021, 01:58:04 PM
Good call, Thanks!
They actually replied to me, probably just an automated response though. They are implying that after the validation process, they decided to no longer offer services based on multiple factors used in their selection process, but for security reasons cannot mention them!

This is ridiculous. They are requiring a bunch of documents, photos and so on only to later block your account and confiscate your balance. I remember having two wallets on my account, I have the address of one of the two, which has a balance of 1.5mBTC. I'm not sure if the other wallet holds any balance.

Ah. The PayPal asshole-ish maneuver. But at least with PayPal, they lock your PayPal account from 1-180 days, then they unlock your account and let you withdraw your money. But with Xapo they straight up confiscated your money?? Is that even legal. Again, I recommend bringing this to Reddit. Link your hopefully detailed Reddit post here and I'll gladly upvote for you.
Complete dick move. I was dumbfounded by such response. I replied and now waiting for their response.
This is one of the addresses associated with the account. https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1BynVdCBgcP3XM2X8V6z4vvMLwFrQq86Kk
It's not much, but it's $90, why would I let them have it? Screwing their customers for such petty amounts is insane. I'll wait one more day to reply, if they don't, I will write on Reddit.

Thanks again!
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
February 25, 2021, 08:17:26 AM
Good call, Thanks!
They actually replied to me, probably just an automated response though. They are implying that after the validation process, they decided to no longer offer services based on multiple factors used in their selection process, but for security reasons cannot mention them!

This is ridiculous. They are requiring a bunch of documents, photos and so on only to later block your account and confiscate your balance. I remember having two wallets on my account, I have the address of one of the two, which has a balance of 1.5mBTC. I'm not sure if the other wallet holds any balance.

Ah. The PayPal asshole-ish maneuver. But at least with PayPal, they lock your PayPal account from 1-180 days, then they unlock your account and let you withdraw your money. But with Xapo they straight up confiscated your money?? Is that even legal. Again, I recommend bringing this to Reddit. Link your hopefully detailed Reddit post here and I'll gladly upvote for you.
February 25, 2021, 04:48:42 AM
Hit them where it hurts: make a similar post to Reddit's r/bitcoin[1]. Unfortunately sometimes, giving a certain company really negative publicity is what's going to end up forcing them to fix your issue. And while I'm not saying that this is guaranteed to work, you really have nothing to lose by now.

[1] https://reddit.com/r/bitcoin
Good call, Thanks!

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
February 24, 2021, 10:45:01 PM
Hit them where it hurts: make a similar post to Reddit's r/bitcoin[1]. Unfortunately sometimes, giving a certain company really negative publicity is what's going to end up forcing them to fix your issue. And while I'm not saying that this is guaranteed to work, you really have nothing to lose by now.

[1] https://reddit.com/r/bitcoin
February 24, 2021, 03:34:08 PM
Actually, I heard the same thing happen to someone here I just can't remember the title of the thread.
He also sent almost all personal documents but in the end, his account blocked.

I have some of the BTC on Xapo earn from faucets before and I'm sure it will also happen to me if I attempt to recover my wallet. I'm not desperate to submit my documents and we don't know they might use our documents for scamming purposes.

Just adding this old thread.

-Xapo wallet sucks. Stole $10 worth of Bitcoin until I provide all types of ID's

Why not directly ask them through their email and ask about this issue here's the email [email protected]
Just got an idea from this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-am-facing-some-issue-with-xapo-wallet-while-withdrawing-funds-5197675 who solved the same issue.
Can't really say that I'm glad that I'm not alone. Their support was a pain in the ass to start with, I had a few mBTC from faucets too. It's not a tremendous amount, but why should I let them have it? I could use of some extra cash, that I'd put back into holding more Bitcoin. I uploaded all my documents just to block me right when my verification wasn't "enough" for them.

Saw the thread, but if I am not mistaken, it's a slightly different case. I've contacted them already using their form on the website. Will also try emailing them using the one you mentioned.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
February 24, 2021, 02:52:36 PM
Actually, I heard the same thing happen to someone here I just can't remember the title of the thread.
He also sent almost all personal documents but in the end, his account blocked.

I have some of the BTC on Xapo earn from faucets before and I'm sure it will also happen to me if I attempt to recover my wallet. I'm not desperate to submit my documents and we don't know they might use our documents for scamming purposes.

Just adding this old thread.

-Xapo wallet sucks. Stole $10 worth of Bitcoin until I provide all types of ID's

Why not directly ask them through their email and ask about this issue here's the email [email protected]
Just got an idea from this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-am-facing-some-issue-with-xapo-wallet-while-withdrawing-funds-5197675 who solved the same issue.
February 24, 2021, 02:14:28 PM
Hello,

Pages:
Jump to: