Pages:
Author

Topic: XBTFreelancer.com - A new Bitcoin freelancers platform - page 2. (Read 4941 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I can confirm getting paid BTC for a small gig.
Still around 260 freelancers all together. Do you need help marketing the site? I would love doing some work for Bitcoin marketing the site for you. PM me if interested.
Thanks so much for announcing/commenting.

I just got my bid accepted on a project. Been waiting for this kind of site. I love working for Bitcoin.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
we have 3 people monitoring projects. a client side multi-sig wallet has been thought upon, currently not scheduled for the next 3 months development plan. We have a list of new additions we would like to roll out first.

Withdrawals are monitored and processed manually to ensure the best possible security. We understand it takes more time to process withdrawals but for the time being and at the current payments pace, we prefer to do it this way while promising a less than 24 hrs processing time.
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Muhammed Zakir, Only I have access to wallet and there is nothing on server, wallet is a Trezor device

Thank you! Could you tell how many employees are there to check spam-projects? And also, I would suggest making a multisig wallet than just one wallet. It would be stuck for a long time because a person can't be active 24/7 and sending payments once a day isn't a good idea IMHO.
Muhammed Zakir, Only I have access to wallet and there is nothing on server, wallet is a Trezor device
You need to make a good ANN thread in Service Announcements.

Thanks for the comment, roslinpl. I removed the "need a best friend" project.

Please reply:

How many employees do you have and how many of them have access to cold storage? Don't want it to get stolen or to get stuck for long time. It should atleast be twice(recommended) or thrice a day.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Confirmed. Email verification problem is now fixed. I received the code and verified my email, i am using my personal / business email, not gmail. So i guess this will work for everybody now with no problem.

Thanks for the comment, roslinpl. I removed the "need a best friend" project.
Just want to say that we fixed the e-mail issue. Problem found and new version had just been uploaded with a fix. We double checked and there doesn't seem to be any problem getting e-mails to non @gmail email addresses at the moment, BUT PLEASE if you see any problem or anything from now on just drop us a note.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Is anyone else not receiving any emails from the site? Missing 2 verification emails and 1 withdrawal confirmation. Not filtered as spam on client side.

Yes, me too.

I tried to confirm my email (tried 4 times already) but not receiving anything. Not filtered as spam either. Maybe it's an outgoing server problem on the XBTFreelancer.com site.

They said they use Google Apps for email. I'm pretty sure BTC-E does too. BTC-E effectively said in broken English that no email addresses are guaranteed to work unless they're @gmail.com. But the XBTF admin said other email domains work... just not my own or Cox.net.

I've removed myself from the directory and disabled email notifications since I don't want to use Gmail except in emergencies, for spamtrap, and logging in to other Google services.

ETA: They fixed it, nevermind.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
The site/service is very interesting.
Just it needs to be more moderated - I mean, for example someone is "looking to find a best friend" - this isn't too serious and it makes me think that many requests are not really serious.

But project is nice it just need some polishing.

Good luck.

Best regards.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
DeboraMeeks, amounts are in USD for better understanding of price. I think its more appropriate to state milestone amounts in USD especially due the crpto-currency's current fluctuations. I might add XBT based milestone amount support in the future, tough, if there is demand for it.

Friend, BTC freelancer means IMHO, default should be BTC in all things. You can check signature campaigns for instance, they pay in BTC and show the amount in BTC not in USD or any ither currency.

Muhammed Zakir, YES, funds are escrowed with the site. We have no hot wallet, actually no wallet on server at all. All deposits go to a cold storage and withdrawals are manually processed once a day following manual verification of accounts involved to be on the safe side.

How many employees do you have and how many of them have access to cold storage? Don't want it to get stolen or to get stuck for long time. It should atleast be twice(recommended) or thrice a day.

-MZ

Yes, that's what I wanted to say, that if they are here to pay in BTC, then why are they showing the prices in USD?
It might be good to display BTC/USD value there, but I also drew their attention towards a feature which I think will be a boost to their site, as if let's say  the value of BTC will be $1000, they will show 0.1 for a $100 budget in BTC and if price of BTC is $200, it should show 0.5 for the same, I mean such a feature with auto-refresh of value in BTC would be a lot helpful.
Activity: 15
its really a great site.
DeboraMeeks, amounts are in USD for better understanding of price. I think its more appropriate to state milestone amounts in USD especially due the crpto-currency's current fluctuations. I might add XBT based milestone amount support in the future, tough, if there is demand for it.

Friend, BTC freelancer means IMHO, default should be BTC in all things. You can check signature campaigns for instance, they pay in BTC and show the amount in BTC not in USD or any ither currency.

Muhammed Zakir, YES, funds are escrowed with the site. We have no hot wallet, actually no wallet on server at all. All deposits go to a cold storage and withdrawals are manually processed once a day following manual verification of accounts involved to be on the safe side.

-MZ

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
just checked the site, overall is great, nice idea to create the site like that and yeah everyone here want to get paid with bitcoin, but why there is USD?
Watching!

Thank you for creating this! If possible, please do some advertising to get more people.

P.S. Is your site escrowing the payment? If yes, how good is the escrow and your security?

-MZ
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Is anyone else not receiving any emails from the site? Missing 2 verification emails and 1 withdrawal confirmation. Not filtered as spam on client side.

Yes, me too.

I tried to confirm my email (tried 4 times already) but not receiving anything. Not filtered as spam either. Maybe it's an outgoing server problem on the XBTFreelancer.com site.

Other than that, i think it's a great idea! Needs some marketing push, though.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Interesting concept and website, but the only thing I am not getting is, if we are to get paid in Bitcoins, then why the bids and ranges are shown in USD there? I think you should change it to Bitcoins, and put some code into your site which will automatically catch the current price and allocate the rate into it itself every few seconds/minutes based on what the user gives in USD while filling up the form.
Pages:
Jump to: