Pages:
Author

Topic: [XCT] C-Bit - Elegantly Solving Bitcoin's Blocksize Problem [SHA256][POW] - page 54. (Read 66787 times)

Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Following on Twitter @pyramusx
anyone mining at alpha pool? hows the payment work, been mining for an hour and have not received any payment

It takes a while as it waits for confirmations, but you'll get them as long as your address is right Smiley
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
anyone mining at alpha pool? hows the payment work, been mining for an hour and have not received any payment
Activity: 692
Merit: 501
฿E YOUR OWN ฿ANK
curious how much of that nethash is "insider," as most of the hash has now died down on my pool.

There is not very much momentum currently -- The social feeds haven't picked up on this thread or the new currency yet. I'd advise getting out on twitter and blowing up about $CBIT.

Isn't the stiker $XCT??
Activity: 629
curious how much of that nethash is "insider," as most of the hash has now died down on my pool.

There is not very much momentum currently -- The social feeds haven't picked up on this thread or the new currency yet. I'd advise getting out on twitter and blowing up about $CBIT.

yeah im still mining on the "alpha" pool.. i should tweet to a few exchanges
Activity: 367
I'm a miner not a minor.
OP,
  I couldn't help but notice the retweet on your twitter account which points to an article about blockstream and sidechains. Is there any significance to that?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214

The road of this coin is great this is the kind of coin worth supporting,you should try to keep up and update this thread often twitter facebook and reddit are all great
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021
Merge mining for XCT anyone?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 377

There is not very much momentum currently -- The social feeds haven't picked up on this thread or the new currency yet. I'd advise getting out on twitter and blowing up about $XCT.

legendary

Good question, I am still on your pool  Smiley It won't matter much when the diff finally adjusts further. Target times are still way off. Only thing we can do is keep ripping through blocks till it catches up.
looks like most of the hashes goes to new york pool
Activity: 752
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
I'm still curious how a transaction would take place. If something costs me 0.1 BTC, I could either send 0.1 BTC from my BTC wallet, or I could send 1 XCT from my XCT wallet? I understand the XCT blockchain is the same, but different? Sorry if this results in a lengthy, technical answer but I'm really curious how exactly this would work.

it works the same as the bitcoin blockchain, but xct are not bitcoins. they will have to establish a value, once they hit exchanges, which im sure is in the works..

the value will be determined by those of us mining and people who decide to incorporate xct into their financial systems, via merchant payments etc..

we're still in the very early stages, but i think once an exchange adds it, we'll see more follow and a value be established.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I'm still curious how a transaction would take place. If something costs me 0.1 BTC, I could either send 0.1 BTC from my BTC wallet, or I could send 1 XCT from my XCT wallet? I understand the XCT blockchain is the same, but different? Sorry if this results in a lengthy, technical answer but I'm really curious how exactly this would work.
anyone could tell me what is the net hashrate now?

Code:
"networkhashps": 788963798171531
ok thanks, keeps geting error mesage from my wallet when i type getmininginfo
Activity: 752

Code:
"networkhashps": 788963798171531
I don't know if this sort of concept has ever been attempted before, however upon delving deeper into the goals of this coin I become very excited. I believe one detail that confuses people with BTC is the denominations. People see that something costs 0.3 BTC and are like wtf m8. I think it's interesting to create an environment where we have multiple "Bitcoins" that have different values. I understand that a lot of people want to move away from how the current currency system is set up, but maybe we need something like this for widespread adoption.

I agree with what you're saying, and your description "People see that something costs 0.3 BTC and are life wtf m8." Gave me a chuckle...

It does make sense. I always thought the same thing myself, it puts off people who don't know crypto when they're told something costs 0.017 or something goofy like that.

i agree as well, this being bitcoin, but with larger blocks and ten times the coins, gives us crypto community folks the chance to have a dollar bill instead of a 430 dollar bill that needs to be broken at every store. also, since its obviously open source, we can all work on it as a community. i like where this is going, maybe this has the chance to be decentralized like bitcoin once was.

ps: you guys heard that the bitcoin devs have Bain Capital at that meeting? what the fuck lol so much for "decentralized". wonder if mitt romney was there  Cheesy

pps: blocks are starting to move alot slower now and the difficulty continues to increase. finally i have something i can do with my old antminer. just when i thought it was going to become an old expensive paperweight.
legendary
I don't know if this sort of concept has ever been attempted before, however upon delving deeper into the goals of this coin I become very excited. I believe one detail that confuses people with BTC is the denominations. People see that something costs 0.3 BTC and are like wtf m8. I think it's interesting to create an environment where we have multiple "Bitcoins" that have different values. I understand that a lot of people want to move away from how the current currency system is set up, but maybe we need something like this for widespread adoption.

I agree with what you're saying, and your description "People see that something costs 0.3 BTC and are life wtf m8." Gave me a chuckle...

It does make sense. I always thought the same thing myself, it puts off people who don't know crypto when they're told something costs 0.017 or something goofy like that.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: