Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 855. (Read 1484197 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hi all

If you make a payment in privacy mode, you won't get a confirmation notice and the transaction won't appear under the "Transactions" tab until after the transaction is sent (~30 minutes).

In future updates you will get confirmation. You'll also get progress tracking. For now, you won't.

If you make a payment in privacy mode, does that just mean that the addy where you got it from is hidden basically?

I know this might be a stupid question, but I have very small knowledge of this.

It means the transaction is Un Traceable

Real Life Example :

u put mail in ur mailbox to send to friend.  before putting in box u put a lock on it and send your friend the key.  only your friend has this key to unlock.  the mail man gets your mail and rips it up into 1000 pieces.  he gives 1000 pieces to 1000 other mail men.  each mail men routes the mail down different routes to your friends house.  Each mail man gets a tip from you for routing their portion of the mail (lets say 0.001 XC), the more pieces of mail the mail mens deliever the more tips they get Smiley /  when all the pieces of the mail hit your friends house your friend re-assembles the 1000 pieces of mail back into the letter.  and then he uses the key u gave him earlier to unlock and read the message.
-XC  (SUPREME PRIVACY)

and this isn't our last layer, we have 1 more layer of blockchain privacy coming out as well with REV3, and at that stage it will be 100% anonymous & bullet-proof when combined with all the layers we have built

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Hi all

If you make a payment in privacy mode, you won't get a confirmation notice and the transaction won't appear under the "Transactions" tab until after the transaction is sent (~30 minutes).

In future updates you will get confirmation. You'll also get progress tracking. For now, you won't.

If you make a payment in privacy mode, does that just mean that the addy where you got it from is hidden basically?

I know this might be a stupid question, but I have very small knowledge of this.

Yup. There should be no connection between sender and receiver in the blockchain.

is this how multipath work?  huge?

Well... this is multipath:

- your transaction is broken into fragments
- the fragments are sent to multiple other nodes
- trustless mixing: some fancy multisig stuff happens so that the nodes don't need to be trusted (I'm still waiting for the devs to have some time off so they can explain this to me)
- other fragments are sent from different addresses to the recipient.

I'll post more details (or possibly corrections) when I know them.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
Hi all

It means the transaction is Un Traceable

Real Life Example :

u put mail in ur mailbox to send to friend.  before putting in box u put a lock on it and send your friend the key.  only your friend has this key to unlock.  the mail man gets your mail and rips it up into 1000 pieces.  he gives 1000 pieces to 1000 other mail men.  each mail men routes the mail down different routes to your friends house.  Each mail man gets a tip from you for routing their portion of the mail (lets say 0.001 XC), the more pieces of mail the mail mens deliever the more tips they get Smiley /  when all the pieces of the mail hit your friends house your friend re-assembles the 1000 pieces of mail back into the letter.  and then he uses the key u gave him earlier to unlock and read the message.
-XC  (SUPREME PRIVACY)

Activity: 840
I'm sure this has been asked already, so my apologies for being behind, but...

Do we need to sign up again in order to use the revamped forum? I had signed up for the old one weeks ago and today my login details are not working...

Nope, can you just straight up not login?

Yeah, it doesn't even seem to have record of me having registered because when I go to 'forgot password' and I enter my username and e-mail the system says it can't find an account by that name.

Perhaps I should just re-register?

Yeah probably best...

So I just signed up and I got this immediately after registering:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

What do I do now?  Huh

That's because I have to accept your memebership.. which I have done. Also it seem like you were auto banned by the filter but everything should be fine now.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
It did not work I went to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ but it gave me an error

Error: I could not see your service on on port (32348)

Reason: Connection timed out

router!

what's that? Explain as I never done something like that.. im checking for a software to download to open the ports of the router as well I have found Port forrward network utilities 2.0.1 is that safe to download? any suggestion? until now I just plugged the ethernet to the router I never installed it

Not easy to explain or assist in the config from the outside. If you have never done something like this before maybe it's better to wait for the version you do not need to change this config or risk setting your computer wide open.
ATC did say:
In order for the private mode to work with this release, you must have have UNPNP enabled on your router OR have the port mapped correctly inbound -- this will be resolved in a future release

Yea I think that is the best solution I will wait for next release and do my research in the mean time as suck big time to do not know those stuffs that I think are pretty basic..

Hey Cryptico... most routers have a mini web server on them to allow you to config them.  The ip address they listed is a common one and you can pop that into your browser and should get a login page at one or the other ip addresses.  Some routers have .10 at the end of them (192.168.1.10)... just all depends on your setup.  put (http://192.168.1.1/) into your browser... might have to try the last number or .0.x.  You'll know you're are at the right place if there is a login and display for the router brand.

Now the login... This is usually printed on the router itself and should have something like 'admin'  as the user and something crazy for the password.  Some routers just leave a default 'admin' 'admin' for user and pass.    If you can find your router type and don't have a printed password on it, google search for the default user/pass for that router.  If you've never changed it, it'll still be that.  

Once you get past the login, you should see somewhere (every router interface is different), enable UPnP radio box.  If you can't find it, post a screen grab and we should be able to post you in the correct direction.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Success: I can see your service on 37.xx.xx.x on port (32348)
Your ISP is not blocking port 32348

Wink Wink
legendary
Activity: 1330
Hi all

Yup. There should be no connection between sender and receiver in the blockchain.

is this how multipath work?  huge?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Do we need to sign up again in order to use the revamped forum? I had signed up for the old one weeks ago and today my login details are not working...

Yeah, it doesn't even seem to have record of me having registered because when I go to 'forgot password' and I enter my username and e-mail the system says it can't find an account by that name.

Yeah probably best...

So I just signed up and I got this immediately after registering:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

What do I do now?  Huh
legendary
Hi all

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Hi all

legendary
Hi all

Also, the 30 minute payment time will be reduced.
legendary
Hi all

Yeah probably best...

Activity: 978
It did not work I went to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ but it gave me an error

Error: I could not see your service on on port (32348)

Reason: Connection timed out

router!

what's that? Explain as I never done something like that.. im checking for a software to download to open the ports of the router as well I have found Port forrward network utilities 2.0.1 is that safe to download? any suggestion? until now I just plugged the ethernet to the router I never installed it

Not easy to explain or assist in the config from the outside. If you have never done something like this before maybe it's better to wait for the version you do not need to change this config or risk setting your computer wide open.
ATC did say:
In order for the private mode to work with this release, you must have have UNPNP enabled on your router OR have the port mapped correctly inbound -- this will be resolved in a future release

Activity: 364
In case anyone missed it....

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/XCv0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42.zip

Here is the updated beta with support for private transactions through the UI, no more debug console needed

To you use, enable coin control, and then hit the checkbox next to "Send"

Please keep in mind this is still a test release, additional updates are still coming

Are we going to see Encrypted Messaging testing today?  Today is the end of this week.

Yes, it will be deployed to testnet and the test parameters put together for users to start testing, This will happen tonight

Activity: 364
I like the current "Enable Private Transaction" tick box.

It does need to be moved to the main page and not left on coin control.

I agree with it being moved to the main page in future updates.  All in all very happy about the new update and EM testing starting tonight!
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
I like the current "Enable Private Transaction" tick box.

It does need to be moved to the main page and not left on coin control.
Jump to: