Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 850. (Read 1484197 times)

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

There is nothing of value to me in that file you uploaded:

https://i.imgur.com/KW5c0Tb.png

Again, the file should contain a PGP message including the URL of each wallet download, and its corresponding sha256 hash, signed off by Dan. If Dan can certify from his account here that he is in control of the key:

1356792A (from http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=atcsecure&op=index)

that key would suffice in my opinion.
Activity: 978
Why is that funny?

I have 267 XC atm, it isn't much, but it is all I could afford.
He, i know people that are sure you can buy a great car with that amount 6 months from now. Wait some more while you think about what you could do with 267 BTC you stored in 2011. There are not so many coins going around & this is a POS coin Smiley

Activity: 364
I'm a little torn, XCend is catchy... but something simple like enable private transaction is good too and won't lead to any confusion if and when things go more mainstream.

Mountaingoat - Cyberhacker probably has a lot of XC and may not want to disclose how much... which is probably smart Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Why is that funny?

I have 267 XC atm, it isn't much, but it is all I could afford.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
IMHO: Don't make things too complicated.

New users will not understand what "XCend" means.. "Enable Private Transaction" makes much more sense as EVERYONE will know what it means...

Yes I totally agree, orginally were going to go with enable privacy mode but that seemed more confusing as new features are added. So I suggested enable privacy transaction and we discussed it. However, we are open to ideas.

Not to rock the boat but I like the "XCend" idea. Not necessarily the name "XCend", but the fact we have a branded name for that function (think Darkcoin with Darksend!).

Perhaps on the UI itself have "Enable Private Transaction (XCend)" next to the checkbox, so it's clear and intuitive what the function does to someone who doesn't even know what XCend is.

Just my 0.2 XC.

+1 - love the idea as well FWIW

Hmm... I'm wondering if we could do XSEND and the hover over for info.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

New users will not understand what "XCend" means.. "Enable Private Transaction" makes much more sense as EVERYONE will know what it means...

Yes I totally agree, orginally were going to go with enable privacy mode but that seemed more confusing as new features are added. So I suggested enable privacy transaction and we discussed it. However, we are open to ideas.

Not to rock the boat but I like the "XCend" idea. Not necessarily the name "XCend", but the fact we have a branded name for that function (think Darkcoin with Darksend!).

Perhaps on the UI itself have "Enable Private Transaction (XCend)" next to the checkbox, so it's clear and intuitive what the function does to someone who doesn't even know what XCend is.

Just my 0.2 XC.

+1 - love the idea as well FWIW
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

Just my 0.2 XC.
legendary
Activity: 1190
SoNiC BooM

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

I'd like to download and install the wallet but would like to see checksums at a minimum published by Dan first.

It's industry best practice to publish checksum / PGP sign off on wallet downloads, see Bitcoin Core:

https://bitcoin.org/bin/0.9.2.1/SHA256SUMS.asc

@TEKA
@SYNECHIST

Please could you address btcsql concern - I agree with him its standard practice and nearly all software uses checksum validation as a minimum (Nearly all Microsoft MSDN downloads use it).

It would definitely be in line with "secure private transactions"

I understand Dan is probably busy coding - and perhaps will be able to address this concern when he has some time.

I would hate that FUD is spread about this, when its something easy to resolve.

Thanks.

You hit the nail on the head. Also I seriously don't think this as much of a big deal as problems that other coins have.
Activity: 292
I am offering a 100 XC bounty (Bounty 1) for Dan's PGP signed checksums of all currently available wallet downloads.

Bounty 1 will be paid on mainnet using distmix.

There will be another 100 XC bounty (Bounty 2) for anyone who can successfully discover the sending address for Bounty 1.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I'd like to download and install the wallet but would like to see checksums at a minimum published by Dan first.

It's industry best practice to publish checksum / PGP sign off on wallet downloads, see Bitcoin Core:

https://bitcoin.org/bin/0.9.2.1/SHA256SUMS.asc

@TEKA
@SYNECHIST

Please could you address btcsql concern - I agree with him its standard practice and nearly all software uses checksum validation as a minimum (Nearly all Microsoft MSDN downloads use it).

It would definitely be in line with "secure private transactions"

I understand Dan is probably busy coding - and perhaps will be able to address this concern when he has some time.

I would hate that FUD is spread about this, when its something easy to resolve.

Thanks.
Activity: 978

Thank you for your reply.

It still gives me error with my Internal IP address and the External one that you can find in http://ipchicken.com/

Any suggestion?
Check your PM ....
Activity: 332
This coin will take it's place at the head of the table soon enough. Kudos to the fabulous development team!

Cheesy
Jump to: