Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 100. (Read 90815 times)

Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
a warm thank, bro
afaik, it's the only cpu miner in assembly (and one of the only which is not a rip of Wolf0) so it's to be the fastest. i however got reported being slower on some Intel i7 or Xeon. i don't own one so i cannot optimize well yet.

That would BTC the key to many systems or applications, optimizations are quite heavy when tuned right && having spent 10,000 hours over the years on just playing around with the basic hardware on all algorithms (configurations files). Still love to setup & test hardware, even if it's not going to earn many coins Wink Kinda of a refresher course every week, so funny that people still think only sha256 or Scrypt are the only ones Grin
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
Ubuntu 18.04 server LTS

Intel G4400 58 H/s. Autoconf. No largepage. Stable.
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
a warm thank, bro
afaik, it's the only cpu miner in assembly (and one of the only which is not a rip of Wolf0) so it's to be the fastest. i however got reported being slower on some Intel i7 or Xeon. i don't own one so i cannot optimize well yet.
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
https://github.com/jceminer/cn_cpu_miner/blob/master/jce028linux.jpeg?raw=true

Linux version x64 done, now porting to x86 and testing.

Linux prototype online 0.28
https://github.com/jceminer/cn_cpu_miner/raw/master/jce_cn_cpu_miner.linux.untested.028.zip

As its name implies, it's a very untested version. I just checked it works in most common cases, with or without SSL. The netcode was the hardest to port, i had to switch from Winsocks.

I found some bugs that exists in the windows version during port, i'll release a clean, tested full version Windows+Linux+doc updated later.
Both Linux 32 and Linux 64 are in the same .zip

Tested good on Windows Vista, 7 & 10 + Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia for the untested.028 build (still need to test Ubuntu 18.04, basically the same system though ) Wink

//having tested many miners (100's) over the years, great work && the best h/s per CPU than all others  Wink
what deamon ?
i don't get your question...

be careful with version 0.28 it's a very early test version.

i plan to add fork --variation 10 ArtoCash and fork --variation 11 WebChain
Activity: 165
Merit: 1
https://github.com/jceminer/cn_cpu_miner/blob/master/jce028linux.jpeg?raw=true

Linux version x64 done, now porting to x86 and testing.

Linux prototype online 0.28
https://github.com/jceminer/cn_cpu_miner/raw/master/jce_cn_cpu_miner.linux.untested.028.zip

As its name implies, it's a very untested version. I just checked it works in most common cases, with or without SSL. The netcode was the hardest to port, i had to switch from Winsocks.

I found some bugs that exists in the windows version during port, i'll release a clean, tested full version Windows+Linux+doc updated later.
Both Linux 32 and Linux 64 are in the same .zip
Activity: 564
no but Linux men love ultra-complex command lines Wink
Seriously, Linux version will start with the same command-line based config

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS man here. Looking forward for the linux version.
no but Linux men love ultra-complex command lines Wink
Seriously, Linux version will start with the same command-line based config
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
JCE-Miner
Thank you, we look forward to Wink
And for the Linux version will inevitably have to do such a config file, in Linux there are no bat files)
mmmh, well if that's a people's request...
My model is Claymore CPU, which is very slow, but also very simple.

Ok i add it to my todo-list, but not high priority. Now working on Linux version.
only one .bat in the role of the configuration file is not convenient
500 parameters are unnecessary, only parameters from the command line are needed.
Code:
Command line parameters:
  -o :
  -u
  -p
  -a
  --ssl
  --nicehash
  --any
  --variation N
  --retrydelay N
  --autoclose N
  --mport
  --stakjson
  --forever
  --low
  --donate
  --auto
  --archi
  -t N
  --log
all modern miners use a separate config file, can you do the same thing?
i understand what you mean, but that's exactly what i wanted to avoid, a config file with 500 parameters.

i think the .bat can play the role of the config file, if you really want one. otherwise the current config file remains optional, and for fine tuning only.
JCE-Miner
A very good suggestion to make the miner run not only through the command line with parameters, but much easier to run directly .exe. And all startup parameters will be written in the config file.txt, since it was made in xmr-stak via config.txt or as in Xmrig via config.json

Code:
[
    { "low_power_mode" : true, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
    { "low_power_mode" : true, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 1 },
],
"nicehash_nonce" : false,
"use_tls" : false,
"pool_address" : "pool:3333",
"wallet_address" : "wallet",
"pool_password" : "x",
"httpd_port" : 0,
and so on...

You can also make the miner can be run directly not through .bat , that is, if you run .exe without parameters then they will take them from the configuration file? That's better.
yes that's pretty extreme, but if you get +66% for the same power consumption, that's great !

pool side result confirms huge increase, although because its luck based - it fluctuates
JCE hashrates are real and untweaked, if it displays 166 so that's 166

i'll give some tries on my ryzen, 166 for a 6M cache cpu is surprisingly high !

0.27e online - bugfix revision
Code:
Architecture Codename replaced by Assembly Codename (overridable with --archi)
Core2 detect fix
Fix of possible crash
no other change, no perf change
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
interestingly, 2 cached threads with double-hash give almost the same performance with almost half the power usage and responsive system, so until I find a better combination, ill stop there )

Ok, so I decided to try some extreme values

The config above on i5 7600k was giving ~100h cn-heavy

Running 4 cached threads with multi_hash 6 gives me a huge jump to 166h (pool side result confirms huge increase, although because its luck based - it fluctuates)
But definitely higher than automatic 100-105 Wink
yeah, using both cpu and apu may give good results, and 25W is very low power consumption

a core2 xeon 5420 will give exactly 107 h/s on CN V7, with 64 Bits version, i already tested that cpu Cool

Minimum is Vista 32 Bits but it may work on Server 2003 and later, didn't test. not on xp (tested and failed)
Activity: 476
sorry to disturb

I can get  some (SOME full rack) CPU: 2x xeon E5420 ( 4 cores each ,12 mb l2) 2.5GHz servers reasonably priced.

Does this miner work with windows server ?
any idea +- of the potential speed with those kind of Xeon ?
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
I'm around 170 H/s, which is still 4 times more than the G3460 for the same power draw (20-25W).

I picked the 2400G mostly for the Vega cores. My idea is to use my computer for whatever I want + mining with my current GPUs, also while not doing anything with it, being able to mine with the integrated Vega cores (almost any token but ETH).
I thought too, but looked at spec and saw that 2400G has only 4M of cache, that's as low as a decade old Conroe.
So the best config for 2400G should be :

Code:
"cpu_threads_conf" : 
[
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 0, "use_cache" : true, "multi_hash":1 },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 2, "use_cache" : false, "multi_hash":1 },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 3, "use_cache" : false, "multi_hash":1 },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 4, "use_cache" : true, "multi_hash":1 },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 6, "use_cache" : false, "multi_hash":1 },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 7, "use_cache" : false, "multi_hash":1 },
]

which should be similar to autoconfig
Pages:
Jump to: