Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 102. (Read 90815 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
i get error "invalid config file syntax in config.txt

post your config Wink

"cpu_threads_conf" : 

{ "cpu_architecture" : "auto", "affine_to_cpu" : 0, "use_cache" : true, "multi_hash":1 },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "auto", "affine_to_cpu" : 1, "use_cache" : true, "multi_hash":1 },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "auto", "affine_to_cpu" : 2, "use_cache" : true, "multi_hash":1 },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "auto", "affine_to_cpu" : 3, "use_cache" : true, "multi_hash":1 },
]

i used config that admin suggested, pasted this into config.txt file
Activity: 392
Merit: 263
That's a Piledriver, i haven't one but have an Excavator, i could use it as a test base for that archi. Current optimized assembly is for Ryzen only. And i never tested Intel Aes yet, but got tester reports of mitigate improvement, very close to xmrig.

Piledriver
Activity: 1
hello
not able to mine solace coin with jce miner crashing application in the beginning
Activity: 70

post your config Wink

also:

i get extremely low hashrate for cryptonight-heavy on my Ryzen 2700X 150H/s to 200H/s at best. is this normal? since cryptonight heavy uses 4M blocks i should get better results with multi hash, right?
hi again, alloy is on cryptonight algo right?

On a fork: Cryptonight-Alloy. That's a variation that's a lot slower than normal cryptonight (the same as Electroneum or Bytecoin for example)
It's normal to get lower perf than with Bytecoin, so

as i started mining alloy my hashrate is 50% less than bytecoin on xmrig
on a AES CPU, Alloy is twice slower, so yes that's normal. On non-AES, the loss is lower (about -40%)

Now let's go for manual config.

1. In the .bat, replace --auto by -c config.txt
2. Create a file config.txt in the same folder as the .bat
3. In that new file, paste

Code:
"cpu_threads_conf" : 

{ "cpu_architecture" : "auto", "affine_to_cpu" : 0, "use_cache" : true, "multi_hash":1 },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "auto", "affine_to_cpu" : 1, "use_cache" : true, "multi_hash":1 },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "auto", "affine_to_cpu" : 2, "use_cache" : true, "multi_hash":1 },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "auto", "affine_to_cpu" : 3, "use_cache" : true, "multi_hash":1 },
]

4. Some tweak: since you didn't give your exact CPU model, i don't know how many CPU cores you have, so i wrote 0,1,2,3
If you have more that 4 logical cores, you may better set 0,2,4,6

You can also play with multi_hash, but with 6M of L3 cache, i guess it will be bad.
Please give the exact model of your CPU so i can tune it as optimal

ahh now i understand, so it doesnt matter if the algo is same, forks can make same algorytm coins give different hashrates, didnt figured that out, im still a noob miner Smiley. yes i created config folder but i understood wrong how to put it into bat folder, i tried config but i didnt add .txt (what a dumbass) so of course bat couldnt find matching file it fully makes sense. processor is 4 cores, very old i7.
https://ark.intel.com/products/52219/Intel-Core-i7-2630QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-2_90-GHz
i will try recommended config right now, on a link above you have all the necessary info so that you can play with tuning, thank you for help, you responded very fast, thumbs up for you
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
hi again, alloy is on cryptonight algo right?

On a fork: Cryptonight-Alloy. That's a variation that's a lot slower than normal cryptonight (the same as Electroneum or Bytecoin for example)
It's normal to get lower perf than with Bytecoin, so

as i started mining alloy my hashrate is 50% less than bytecoin on xmrig
on a AES CPU, Alloy is twice slower, so yes that's normal. On non-AES, the loss is lower (about -40%)

Now let's go for manual config.

1. In the .bat, replace --auto by -c config.txt
2. Create a file config.txt in the same folder as the .bat
3. In that new file, paste

Code:
"cpu_threads_conf" : 

]

4. Some tweak: since you didn't give your exact CPU model, i don't know how many CPU cores you have, so i wrote 0,1,2,3
If you have more that 4 logical cores, you may better set 0,2,4,6

You can also play with multi_hash, but with 6M of L3 cache, i guess it will be bad.
Please give the exact model of your CPU so i can tune it as optimal
hi again, alloy is on cryptonight algo right? same as bytecoin for example, its not heavy right? while mining turtle i get around 5% improvement with jce when compared to xmrig but now as i started mining alloy my hashrate is 50% less than bytecoin on xmrig, i get best results on 4 threads. my hardware is intel-I7 64bit aes supported L2,L3 is 2 and 6 mb, can someone help me to choose manual config to see if ill get better results maybe? also i need example how to allocate manual config folder into start.bat, i dont get it what i type after -c? i typed -c C:\users\Neno\Desktop\cryptos\jce miner\config> but it didnt work, obviously i made mistake, sorry for being dumb but im kinda new into mining and completely new user of jce miner

also i need advice whether what config should i use for example how many threads, should i use cache or not and should i use multihash on some threads?
Woow, that's not Cryptonight but a completely different algo.
Not impossible, but JCE is currently a Cryptonight specialized miner (like Cast-Xmr) and my next planned upgrades will be Linux and GPU versions, before flying to different algos.

0.27d online - minor revision

MKT fork added, that's --variation 9. MKT coins already defaults to MKT fork, before it officialy forks (in a few days), either stay with 0.27c, or force old Cryptonight with --variation 1
JSON tokens swapped.
Doc updated
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Can you ad this please ?
https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-white-paper/
Algorithm: 1GB AES Pattern Search – CPU Only ASIC/GPU Resistant

And this other algo (lyra2z330):
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annhexx-reborn-xnodes-zero-protocol-community-driven-cpu-only-2958707

The more -optimzed- algos, the more dev fee Wink
yet a new algo? hooo, it will still multiply my assemblies, a already have several hundreds... Cry the binaries are almost 10M, they where <3M two weeks ago.
ok i add it, and do the token swap in json btw
thanks man, you are best!
Activity: 127
Hello, thank you for add MarketCash  Grin

Unfortunately you added the old algorithm, please check our new algorithm (cryptonight marketcash). Mainnet will fork to new algorithm on block 64700. (next friday)

I tried to mine using a testnet pool: http://testnet.marketcash.io/
You can connect to mine using: testnet.marketcash.io:3333

Thanks!

hi all !

json stak : yeah nice idea, a stak mode for json filled with dummy values when not exists, ok i'll go that way

Intense: maybe they forked, parameter --variation N should allow to force new fork. i'll try.
Alloy: as said in my previous post, adding Alloy fork is next planned feature. should be ready very soon
MarketCash: ok, but you can already mine it with parameter --any --variation N with N in 1-7 (find the N that works, there's a list in the Github page doc)

reconnect : parameter --forever is exactly what you need Wink

edit: Well, i'm not happy with that, but that's a pragmatic choice, I add a JSON mode which emulates 99% of data like Stak, including the shitty indentation and the useless data of biggest shares and ping. It was pretty easy to add to JCE netcode. However the 3 levels of hashrate will be the same, and the highest will be the instant hashrate. Except that, it should be compatible with stak.

next version on the way
* Marketcash coin: done
* Stak compatibility: done, will be parameter --stakjson
* Alloy fork: to do, will be parameter --variation 8
this is what i expect.

i'll add a note in next documentation update explicitly telling the autoconfig aims for absolute speed, even if it consumes twice more power to get 1 extra h/s
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
interestingly, 2 cached threads with double-hash give almost the same performance with almost half the power usage and responsive system, so until I find a better combination, ill stop there )
my cpu detect is still broken on some cpu, i admit, but without the real cpu in hand, it's hard to debug. however it's cosmetical, the good assembly is always selected (it's based on different criterias).

the autoconfig always aim for the absolute best performance in rig (dedicated) condition. to mine on an otherwise-used real pc, or to aim low power, you need to use manual config, and probably set, in your case, one thread with double-hash.

the cn-heavy is faster with the autoconfig cached x2 + uncached x2, on a 6M cache intel, hence why it's selected, that's expected result Smiley

the cached assembly uses all levels of cache, the uncached uses none. there's no efficient way to split levels of cache, and on Intel and ryzen it's impossible, they're inclusive.
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
A few things:
Code:
Analyzing Processors topology...
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz
Architecture codename: Kentsfield
For some reason a Kaby Lake is detected as Kentsfield
even when using "--archi kabylake"
Not sure if that even matters eventually and only visual, just strange

And just wondering about the automatic logic
On that processor for cn-heavy it allocated 4 threads which give roughly 40+40+8+8 h/s with 2 cached large pages and 2 uncached
Since the processor has 6MB of cache, so I would guess that only 1 would be cached
Or does the "cached" not mean the L3 cache?
And while this gives the highest hashrate, I believe it's less efficient than lowering the number of threads to reduce CPU power consumption

Activity: 33
yeah... sure I can swap the two tokens. but cannot do a whole release just for this, will be for next release (should be the linux-ready one, unless i need to add a new feature inbetween)

Well, let it be in the next release, as long as it was.  Wink
yeah... sure I can swap the two tokens. but cannot do a whole release just for this, will be for next release (should be the linux-ready one, unless i need to add a new feature inbetween)
Activity: 33
to json stak was more accurately can swap?
 "version": "jce /cpu/0.27 c" on "version": "jce/0.27 c/cpu" ?
Jump to: