Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 89. (Read 90814 times)

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
I have an extremely small feature request:  posting the changelog on the first page of this thread and/or in github.  The great thing about this miner is that its updated often.  The bad thing is that if you miss a couple of releases you have to download and extract it to see what has changed!
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
i really observed -10% on both my hd7000 and rx560 rigs. it was blatant. while claymore 9.7 and stak gave, yeah, ~98% of theorical power.

it's documented to produce bad shares with parameter -h too high, but if i lowered it i got hashrate very low, lower than stak.
sure i'll fix the nicehash netcode.

Waiting nicehash fix. Until using SRB...
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
i really observed -10% on both my hd7000 and rx560 rigs. it was blatant. while claymore 9.7 and stak gave, yeah, ~98% of theorical power.

it's documented to produce bad shares with parameter -h too high, but if i lowered it i got hashrate very low, lower than stak.
sure i'll fix the nicehash netcode.
So you're talking about Nicehash?
i didn't do my tests on nicehash but on a normal pool.
i think i understand where the problem may be now you told that's about nicehash Wink

ho, and while you're near, let's talk again about why Claymore produce ~10% less effective hashrate: false negative.

we can observe the bad shares, the false positive. but it probably also gets a lot of valid shares it cannot compute well and skip. the false negative. hence why it display a high hashrate i never get pool side, even after 500h of mining. stak, xmrig, and sure jce, produce the good hashrate poolside, minus ~1% of stale shares, fees deduced.
Hope to new update soon with nicehash fix.

And about "Claymore produce ~10% less effective hashrate". I didn't noticed that... For me Claymore 11.3 gives about 1-3% less effective hashrate. And that's acceptable...
So you're talking about Nicehash?
i didn't do my tests on nicehash but on a normal pool.
i think i understand where the problem may be now you told that's about nicehash Wink

ho, and while you're near, let's talk again about why Claymore produce ~10% less effective hashrate: false negative.

we can observe the bad shares, the false positive. but it probably also gets a lot of valid shares it cannot compute well and skip. the false negative. hence why it display a high hashrate i never get pool side, even after 500h of mining. stak, xmrig, and sure jce, produce the good hashrate poolside, minus ~1% of stale shares, fees deduced.
JCE-GPU 0.30a out

Code:
* No change on the CPU part, if you mine with no GPU, ignore
* ARQ coin added
* Should be more compatible with APU (but not tested)
* Light perf increase ~0.8% depending on the GPU
* Per-GPU hashrate
* Detection of Stale shares
* Fixed path problem, you can run JCE from any directory
* Added per-gpu stats in the JSON
* Fixed bad message in case of invalid configuration
Thanks. Now will test it...

Speed is a little more... But "job not found" still happens. And looks like it happens so often as in previous version... And sometimes "invalid nonce. is miner not compatible with nicehash?" rejects share too, but not so often.
Tested on heavy algo on nicehash pool.
JCE-GPU 0.30a out

Code:
* No change on the CPU part, if you mine with no GPU, ignore
* ARQ coin added
* Should be more compatible with APU (but not tested)
* Light perf increase ~0.8% depending on the GPU
* Per-GPU hashrate
* Detection of Stale shares
* Fixed path problem, you can run JCE from any directory
* Added per-gpu stats in the JSON
* Fixed bad message in case of invalid configuration
So it doesn't work on nVidia ?
Sad, bad surprise, but not really a surprise since i've never tested on nVidia. At least now i know.

I'm preparing an updated version, with light perf increase and some bugfixes. Some, but not all reported so far.
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
Could you show me how are you running? im still having problems to connect to my proxy.

all i did just added --nicehash  to the command line

Code:
jce_cn_gpu_miner64.exe -c confgpu.txt --any --forever --nicehash --mport 16000 --variation %FORK% --low -o %POOL%:%PORT% -u %WALLET% -p %PASSWORD% %SSL% %*

result:

Code:
10:09:40 | CPU Thread 3 finds a Share, value 37173
10:09:40 | Accepted by the pool.
10:10:04 | Pool changes Difficulty to 37182.
10:10:07 | Pool sends a new Job.
10:10:09 | Pool sends a new Job.
10:10:36 | GPU Thread 5 Lane 84 finds a Share, value 37182
10:10:36 | Accepted by the pool.
10:11:24 | Pool changes Difficulty to 37199.
10:11:50 | Pool changes Difficulty to 37219.
10:12:38 | GPU Thread 5 Lane 124 finds a Share, value 37219
10:12:38 | Accepted by the pool.
10:12:50 | Hashrate CPU Thread 0: 75.57 h/s
10:12:50 | Hashrate CPU Thread 1: 77.23 h/s
10:12:50 | Hashrate CPU Thread 2: 77.23 h/s
10:12:50 | Hashrate CPU Thread 3: 75.76 h/s
10:12:50 | Hashrate GPU Thread 4: 259.98 h/s
10:12:50 | Hashrate GPU Thread 5: 262.06 h/s
10:12:50 | Total: 827.81 h/s - Max: 832.13 h/s
10:13:25 | CPU Thread 1 finds a Share, value 37219
10:13:25 | Accepted by the pool.
10:13:26 | GPU Thread 5 Lane 397 finds a Share, value 37219
10:13:26 | Accepted by the pool.
10:13:33 | GPU Thread 5 Lane 57 finds a Share, value 37219
10:13:33 | Accepted by the pool.
10:14:52 | CPU Thread 0 finds a Share, value 37219
10:14:52 | Accepted by the pool.
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
@JCE, Gief luv to Linux Smiley Windowz Sux
Activity: 5
JCE explicitly forbids use of any proxy, i tell it in the doc. that's a security feature, otherwise a miner+proxy packed together could be turned into a botnet with ease.

Jyst FYI, im running one of my miners with JCE through xmrig-proxy with no issues, all i had to do is add --nicehash to the start command line.

Could you show me how are you running? im still having problems to connect to my proxy.
Activity: 81
JCE explicitly forbids use of any proxy, i tell it in the doc. that's a security feature, otherwise a miner+proxy packed together could be turned into a botnet with ease.

Jyst FYI, im running one of my miners with JCE through xmrig-proxy with no issues, all i had to do is add --nicehash to the start command line.
Activity: 154
Nice software mining, i have try it and very good for the hashrate. Thank you for your software and contribution at crypto-world. I hope you can always to development it to make more better and better. And i'll to try the gpu prototype, maybe i can share it later.
Activity: 70

From cmd.exe run

jce_cn_gpu_miner64.exe --probe

and place here results.

Thanks! I found out that GPU 0 is my 1070. Changing the config to GPU 1 fixed the problem.
gvb
Activity: 140
Merit: 9
Hashrate drops to zero : I already experienced that, and most often on the GPU where the screen is plugged (real or dummy plug). That's when we use too much memory, close to max, the miner starts, then the display driver gets some of the memory (it has higher priority) and never give it back, locking the miner.
Fix : use a slightly lower multi-hash value, or plug no screen on that card.

Thanks I keep that in mind.

multihash is now on 400 and I copied the lines another user posted for my card.

yesterday I changed the "turn off monitor after" setting from 15 to 0 minutes. not sure if that also effected my none display card (power saving?) but the miner is still running on the gpu now.
Activity: 5
Im having problems connecting to xmrig-proxy .. it is compatible???

Connecting to mining pool 192.168.0.225:3333 ...
Connection failed: Socked connect error: Cannot reach pool on Internet, is your connection up?
Connection interrupted, waiting 5s then retry, attempt #1
Devfee is 3%

Theresn't firewall.. I can connect to that proxy with xmrig but no with jce miner..

Try to lower "multi_hash":1200 in 16 decrements, so first try "multi_hash":1184

I rebooted and even with "multi_hash":944 which was stable it doesnt compile.

i think i found the bug : the miner doesn't supported to be launched from a different dir. said differently, its current dir must be the path where the .exe is

if you call the .bat or exe from a different dir, it fails. i'll fix this in next revision.

the .bat is in te same dir, sadly. Also giving the absolute path to config instead of a relative doesnt change the behaviour.

This is my current start-batchfile:

Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
W:
cd W:\Miner\JCE CN GPU Miner
jce_cn_gpu_miner64.exe -c "W:\Miner\JCE CN GPU Miner\confgpu.txt" -o loki.miner.rocks:5555 -u L6B6Dkz7VmLSMwEJgWeUUxHFpNeCShavBMcZ6Fid6xynbVCxD2brTsAasXviwYHKdz5i1ULS2rm2gGQqA759BdkEK4Mxzty.15000 -p w=windorf --no-cpu
PAUSE
If path is long-name you must set it in quotes:
W:
cd "W:\Miner\JCE CN GPU Miner"

Strangely i dont need to. It changes directory fine. I think you only need to use quotes in the command line if your path contains a space, but in a batch file its fine. windows lol.
Anyways: still compile error for the opencl kernel :/
Try to set algo manul by --variation option. Give you confgpu.txt to see there. What cards do you have? Drivers?

One RX 580 8GB, Adrenalin 18.5.2, Windows 10 x64

Setting variation manually didnt change anything :/

Code:
"cpu_threads_conf" :  

{ "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 0, "use_cache" : true, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 2, "use_cache" : false, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 4, "use_cache" : true, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 6, "use_cache" : false, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 8, "use_cache" : true, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 10, "use_cache" : false, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 12, "use_cache" : true, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 14, "use_cache" : false, },
],

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 0, "multi_hash":832 },
{ "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 0, "multi_hash":832 },
]

From cmd.exe run

jce_cn_gpu_miner64.exe --probe

and place here results.
Activity: 70

i think i found the bug : the miner doesn't supported to be launched from a different dir. said differently, its current dir must be the path where the .exe is

if you call the .bat or exe from a different dir, it fails. i'll fix this in next revision.

the .bat is in te same dir, sadly. Also giving the absolute path to config instead of a relative doesnt change the behaviour.

Code:
W:
jce_cn_gpu_miner64.exe -c "W:\Miner\JCE CN GPU Miner\confgpu.txt" -o loki.miner.rocks:5555 -u L6B6Dkz7VmLSMwEJgWeUUxHFpNeCShavBMcZ6Fid6xynbVCxD2brTsAasXviwYHKdz5i1ULS2rm2gGQqA759BdkEK4Mxzty.15000 -p w=windorf --no-cpu
PAUSE
W:

Strangely i dont need to. It changes directory fine. I think you only need to use quotes in the command line if your path contains a space, but in a batch file its fine. windows lol.
Try to set algo manul by --variation option. Give you confgpu.txt to see there. What cards do you have? Drivers?

One RX 580 8GB, Adrenalin 18.5.2, Windows 10 x64

Setting variation manually didnt change anything :/

Code:
"cpu_threads_conf" :  

{ "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 0, "use_cache" : true, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 2, "use_cache" : false, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 4, "use_cache" : true, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 6, "use_cache" : false, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 8, "use_cache" : true, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 10, "use_cache" : false, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 12, "use_cache" : true, },
     { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 14, "use_cache" : false, },
],

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
]

Code:
W:
PAUSE
W:

Pages:
Jump to: