Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1188. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I have been mining for a couple months at backup-pool for monero.  I have noticed that every once in a while someone moves their farm or botnet, etc.(~60+KH) to the pool and it gets really unlucky for finding blocks.  Is is possible that someone is exploiting the pool with some exploit, or is it coincidence?  I have noticed it more than once.  

http://backup-pool.com/monero/#pool_blocks

Edit: triplef sent me a PM and mentioned that the increase is not a botnet and that the difference in luck can be attributed to lucky pool numbers returning to average with the increased pool hashrate. Thanks triplef for your reply and for the pool.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
alright that was pretty impressive, I was critical of Astrid in private message, but what else does Monero need? I too have a team of developers, now that the community can make some things worthwhile

ok can someone quickly tell us whats gone down in the past day? whats the big bounty going on for? thanks and sorry, just busy life and less time.. Sad

edit. if its' a good thing, i may have some spare xmr for ya project. Grin
I'll donate 200 for the bazaar-project
Edit; I can't see an xmr-address to donate to. Will send it to the normal donation address of XMR.
9d1b28c145352c3b6188e61a8458711ec81b8d22d32f17c2ad46aa3330eedfe2
Edit; I kept getting "Server error" at mymonero.com when logging in. 

The address is :
Code:
45jWVQzoyRdH8bd8CA66yBHYQ4ZXmfw81KCr1PdbzcDJND65L5sFzFmN5ty1tzhk3EPHnUfLqB8SpLfPRQAnNnaB1x958c9

I just gave 100 XMR.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
alright that was pretty impressive, I was critical of Astrid in private message, but what else does Monero need? I too have a team of developers, now that the community can make some things worthwhile

ok can someone quickly tell us whats gone down in the past day? whats the big bounty going on for? thanks and sorry, just busy life and less time.. Sad

Atrides is creating a fork of OpenBazaar (a decentralized marketplace application) that will use XMR.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

edit. if its' a good thing, i may have some spare xmr for ya project. Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
alright that was pretty impressive, I was critical of Atrides in private message, but what else does Monero need? I too have a team of developers, now that the community can make some things worthwhile
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

There are 8543 coins in the wallet. I can spend ca.40-50% of my working time. if that is ok, I can start next week.
And I'll check the options from other thread about escrow. We need some options and good escrow system with hedging.

donated 100 XMR, now you have 8643 XMR. Smiley

txid: 74cac00ad8f51700179ed4e9c6ff510350c092e3dee28d060b2de0a36a068b49
Activity: 658
Admin of DwarfPool.com

There are 8543 coins in the wallet. I can spend ca.40-50% of my working time. if that is ok, I can start next week.
And I'll check the options from other thread about escrow. We need some options and good escrow system with hedging.
Activity: 546
What do you guys think of this idea?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10072945

bitUSD and bitBTC are centralized solutions. The exchange rate doesn't magically sit at one, they have a fund manager.

There may be some utility there, for the darknet, but when the feds shut down the fund manager it all goes to shit.

Look, cryptocurrency functions very similarly to how Liberty Reserve worked. Liberty Reserve servers stored fund allocations and transfers as cryptographic signatures, and then deleted the records. Feds shut it down because it was centralized and easy to shut down. The market adapted.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
21 million. I want them all.
As your signature says, bitcoin simply isn't digital cash. And it probably never will be. Hence our opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
I got into a discussion on reddit about bitcoin being fungible. I said bitcoins could be blacklisted, hence bitcoins are not fungible and also mentioned unlinkability and untraceability of ring-signatures for true fungibility.

Some say 1 BTC is always 1 BTC for the bitcoin network, only people/organisations can refuse certain bitcoins like some merchants can refuse large fiat notes ... so bitcoins are fungible to them.

Others say nobody should be allowed to blacklist/whitelist bitcoins or bitcoin would break. To me this is proof bitcoin isn't fungible.

I was not able to convince them about the non-fungibility of bitcoin. Maybe our perception is wrong and we don't need unlinkability and untraceability for true fungibility ?

r/bitcoin (for the most part) has their head in the sand about Bitcoin's anonymity. Most think either mixers are working, sidechains will be implemented and fix the matter, or that darkwallet is going to work. I believe the only real threat to Bitcoin is an anonymous coin and the best anonymous coin is where you're at--enjoy it. There's no reason to preach on there--stick to facts and let reasonable people come to their own conclusions.

Donated another 50 to free bazaar--what are we at?

I think a simple way to make them realize they're overestimating and overstating bitcoin fungibility is to ask why there is a need for tumblers and coinjoin if it's so fungible.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
I got into a discussion on reddit about bitcoin being fungible. I said bitcoins could be blacklisted, hence bitcoins are not fungible and also mentioned unlinkability and untraceability of ring-signatures for true fungibility.

Some say 1 BTC is always 1 BTC for the bitcoin network, only people/organisations can refuse certain bitcoins like some merchants can refuse large fiat notes ... so bitcoins are fungible to them.

Others say nobody should be allowed to blacklist/whitelist bitcoins or bitcoin would break. To me this is proof bitcoin isn't fungible.

I was not able to convince them about the non-fungibility of bitcoin. Maybe our perception is wrong and we don't need unlinkability and untraceability for true fungibility ?

r/bitcoin (for the most part) has their head in the sand about Bitcoin's anonymity. Most think either mixers are working, sidechains will be implemented and fix the matter, or that darkwallet is going to work. I believe the only real threat to Bitcoin is an anonymous coin and the best anonymous coin is where you're at--enjoy it. There's no reason to preach on there--stick to facts and let reasonable people come to their own conclusions.

Donated another 50 to free bazaar--what are we at?
Activity: 106

You don't need it until you do.
xa4
Activity: 71

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

Edit; I can't see an xmr-address to donate to. Will send it to the normal donation address of XMR.

All working here - do you know how to use your browser's developer tools to view the console and get more details about the error?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

The address is :
Code:
45jWVQzoyRdH8bd8CA66yBHYQ4ZXmfw81KCr1PdbzcDJND65L5sFzFmN5ty1tzhk3EPHnUfLqB8SpLfPRQAnNnaB1x958c9

I just gave 100 XMR.
legendary
Still wild and free
Atrides, if we're past 8k but below 10k, it would be nice to go ahead with the project. Consider it, please.
There is 1k available as bounty, and I'm sure the little missing bit would be filled within a couple more days.
Activity: 283
Merit: 250

legendary
Still wild and free
I sent 400XMR more.
How do you make that much?  Shocked

By buying with that much bitcoins. I'm largely overexposed, it's a choice.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Hey guys, I'm building a BTC based website and it was suggested that I also accept XMR/Monero. I currently don't have the time to research the coin myself right now, so can anyone give me the 30 second pitch on why I should add XMR/Monero to my site?

I think you should read this today's post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10062838

Might take a bit more than 30sec though.
It wasn't a "twenty-second" read either, I feel cheated.

That does sound like some great work by the devs, however nothing really screamed I need to implement XMR into my site.

I will add it to the ToDo list however and see about getting something going. Has anyone developed any web api's yet? Something like https://blockchain.info/q or https://blockchain.info/api/api_receive

I'm confused... you plan on operating (what I assume will be) a centralized service that function as a gateway to the bittorrent network and you plan on accepting payment for this service (which is fine - go free enterprise!) and you're not concerned with the traceability of the payments?

I mean..... didn't The pirate bay just get shut down? If I was doing anything like this, I would invest a lot of time into protecting my privacy.

Jump to: