Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2115. (Read 4667001 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
XMR is the future.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
bitcoinvest.cc
Is someone mining with a i7 4770k?
how many blocks per day?
thank you.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Why Monero and not Bitmonero? The latter makes more sense?
Why should every single coin name be based on "BitCoin"? Monero wasn’t even forked from Bitcoin. The name "monero" is simple and elegant.
Activity: 77
Why Monero and not Bitmonero? The latter makes more sense?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Mining instructions on front page have been change so that by default you do NOT support merged mining.

To NOT support merge mining, make sure your source code is on the same version with:
Code:
git checkout 0fd82c910b8e4cbf0b3940d6e42f2e992287582d

To support merge mining, change your source code to master with
Code:
git checkout master

TFT has said he will add an explicit voting option, and that votes before it is added won't count:

That's right. Results will be calculated starting from the moment an explicit voting option will be provided.

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Great project! Thanks!
I was thinking about Bytecoin but it's too late.
I'm in!
Wish you luck!  Wink
Activity: 145
Not sure what the issue is; if you can generate a wallet and sync the chain though, you can start mining in the daemon to your address directly though with the following command:
start_mining

This seems to work partially: the load average is only 1.00 and it should be equal to the number of threads ( 8 ). After 5 minutes nothing has changed.

set_log 1 in daemon
likely you are not synchronized and it is validating headers

You were right. It is now working. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Is there demand for an OSX wallet?

Yes there is always a demand for an OSX wallet Cheesy

BTW i am getting more blocks than i was getting yesterday? Has diff gone down or am i lucky?
Activity: 597
Merit: 500
Is there demand for an OSX wallet?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Merge mining...hhmm... seems to be very interesting and indeed good idea to mine both coins at the same time!

Excuse me, is there daemon for Linux? I can't find it on github

Yes; https://github.com/bitmonero-project/bitmonero

This is the same fork as Bitmonero, the community voted to change the name to Monero but I guess TFT is still bumping his old thread.

TFT continues to do whatever he wants? Why am I not surprised?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Not sure what the issue is; if you can generate a wallet and sync the chain though, you can start mining in the daemon to your address directly though with the following command:
start_mining

This seems to work partially: the load average is only 1.00 and it should be equal to the number of threads ( 8 ). After 5 minutes nothing has changed.

set_log 1 in daemon
likely you are not synchronized and it is validating headers
Activity: 145
start_mining

legendary
Merge mining...hhmm... seems to be very interesting and indeed good idea to mine both coins at the same time!

Yes; https://github.com/bitmonero-project/bitmonero

This is the same fork as Bitmonero, the community voted to change the name to Monero but I guess TFT is still bumping his old thread.
Activity: 74
“Everyone Is A Bank”
Mining instructions on front page have been change so that by default you do NOT support merged mining.

To NOT support merge mining, make sure your source code is on the same version with:
Code:

Code:
git checkout master

legendary
Activity: 795
Merit: 503
Possible mining coins from wallete?
Activity: 54
Merit: 134

Code:

Code:
git checkout master
Activity: 154
I think this coin is pretty interesting.  Will mine it. Smiley
legendary
- if you want "merged mining" in Bitmonero you have to update yout mining daemon now. New mining daemon will issue blocks with an incremented minor_version field. In case > 75% of blocks mined will have an incremented minor_version we will accept "merged minng" and new code will be published on git.

Which means that he's counting them as yes votes if you have
Code:
#define CURRENT_BLOCK_MINOR_VERSION                     1
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Okay, merge mining is now a clusterfuck because people are voting for it if they grab the source from github without even know it.

Sigh.

TFT already said he's going to change that. Hopefully he does that in such a way that the people who have already grabbed it don't count as votes without knowing about it.

Where?  Config looked like this:
Code:
#define CURRENT_BLOCK_MAJOR_VERSION                     1
#define CURRENT_BLOCK_MINOR_VERSION                     0

Now it looks like this:
Code:
#define CURRENT_BLOCK_MAJOR_VERSION                     1
#define CURRENT_BLOCK_MINOR_VERSION                     1

That doesn't actually do anything though. It all depends how the votes are counted.

Given the change already made, I'd suggest disregarding anything with a 0 or 1, and only count votes with a version number of 2, and not put 2 in there unless the miner explicitly does it.

Jump to: