Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2119. (Read 4667001 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
later integrate GHOST if problems surrounding centralization arise.  It's not the end of the world.

GHOST does not address centralization, in fact it may make centralization worse. That said, having essentially instant transactions is at least a really important and relevant differentiator that might be worth a try, if we have the talent and resources on this team to implement it.

If not, then a new coin with instant transactions and privacy (and a good launch...) could be a real winner.

See the ethereum implementation with 1 min blocks. The technology is used there to prevent mining centralization and essentially "capture" orphans to secure the network. Instant tx as described in the paper is more or less handwaving.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
I want to mine some monero. But the binaries dont work on my windows 7 32 bit system. Is the cryptonote technology 64 bit only?

Yes, but you can install ubuntu 13.10, compile on that, and run. Ubuntu is free.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I want to mine some monero. But the binaries dont work on my windows 32 bit system. Is the cryptonote technology 64 bit only?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Oh, there's a thread there already.
NWO
WTB MRO

Message myself your offers. Unless you are reputable or are willing to send first, escrow!
This one looks damn intresting and I'm already totally into it! But I'm affraid an installation process might be a little too complicated for people used to "windows" stuff. Anyway, great stuff, mates!
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Exchange MRO for BCN directly here.
HI, any1 know how to mine with multiple pc on a same wallet?

i tried this guide https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6242645 and still confusing what to do.

some1 care to explain further? i'm not a computer professional  Cheesy
I would also like to know this, but preferably not have to download blockchain on the mining computers, just have them connect to a host. Is this possible?

In the daemon (not wallet) type:
Code:
start_mining

You don't need to launch the wallet on these other computers and definitely don't do start_mining through the wallet terminal.

The daemon will download the blockchain, though. To have what you're talking about (something like cgminer), we need to use simpleminer, which is an included executable. However, there's no pool yet so it's not yet usable.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Nice the idea of esperanto language
Which will be the total amount of coins?

A little over 18 million.

i tried this guide https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6242645 and still confusing what to do.

I would also like to know this, but preferably not have to download blockchain on the mining computers, just have them connect to a host. Is this possible?
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
Nice the idea of esperanto language
Which will be the total amount of coins?
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

Code:
2014-Apr-25 05:42:20.905804 [miner 0]Found block for difficulty: 321744
2014-Apr-25 05:42:23.223802 [P2P9]----- BLOCK ADDED AS ALTERNATIVE ON HEIGHT 10550
id: <2a92334bd83ba607907373150640d90dcdcf0622082defc7b7fb32db975acfa8>
PoW:
difficulty: 321744
hashrate: 1.4211
hashrate: 1.4211
hashrate: 1.4737
2014-Apr-25 05:42:34.356612 [P2P2]###### REORGANIZE on height: 10550 of 10550 with cum_difficulty 1787632048
 alternative blockchain size: 2 with cum_difficulty 1787953665
2014-Apr-25 05:42:37.387165 [P2P2]----- BLOCK ADDED AS ALTERNATIVE ON HEIGHT 10550
id: <2f651e584033e09be5fc0c9810e140dd204d010645f5dcdf619c7bbfa76a1da7>
PoW: <7dd2ed82497142dba548b71fc561d5013acc72d0ace3f5480616aa63d32c0000>
difficulty: 321744
2014-Apr-25 05:42:37.387375 [P2P2]REORGANIZE SUCCESS! on height: 10550, new blockchain size: 10552
Did I find a block?
Activity: 910
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

Actually coming from Unix/Linux I don't mind command line applications, but at least the documentation should be correct and the script posted in the Windows tutorial does NOT work.

Doing everything by hand (like in the Linux tutorial) works, so thanks for your help.

Actually, all that batch file does is open the terminals with the arguments so that's probably not it. I've had the same issue (daemon closes instantly, wallet complains that it can't connect to daemon) and it turned out to be corrupted blockchain data (checked the logs). I fixed it by deleting the blockchain and resyncing.

I'd like to know if the Windows .bat script does/doesn't work for others, though. It's fine for me on 7.

I would give input but I not use the .bat script.  Did everything from command line like I explained to crowning.  I will test the .bat script and let know the outcome.

Actually coming from Unix/Linux I don't mind command line applications, but at least the documentation should be correct and the script posted in the Windows tutorial does NOT work.

Doing everything by hand (like in the Linux tutorial) works, so thanks for your help.

Actually, all that batch file does is open the terminals with the arguments so that's probably not it. I've had the same issue (daemon closes instantly, wallet complains that it can't connect to daemon) and it turned out to be corrupted blockchain data (checked the logs). I fixed it by deleting the blockchain and resyncing.

I'd like to know if the Windows .bat script does/doesn't work for others, though. It's fine for me on 7.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Activity: -42
So you have working?  If so thats good.  I am glad to help.  Good luck mining! Smiley

Yep, around 6.9 hashrate with 7 threads on my Intel i7 testbox while the system is still very usable.
Do not start daemon/wallet on different port.

Reboot computer.  Start bitmonerod from command line.  Let sync. "important to let finish syncing"  start wallet from command line and type start_mining from within wallet.

I know it more complicated than other coin for now.  Devs are working on GUI to make simple and easy from Windows.  It's new coin working out issues like any other.  It is different from other coins.  Issues will be resolved in short time.  Give try and inform on status.  Happy mining Smiley  

Edit:

After bitmonerod sync, type "save" in window to write blockchain to hard drive.  When closing bitmonerod type exit in window to write latest block information to hard drive.  Does not write autmatically.  It is important to wait until bitmonerod sync before start mining.  You will see message like:

You are now synchronized with the network. You may now start simplewallet.

Please note, that the blockchain will be saved only after you quit the daemon wi
th "exit" command or if you use "save" command.
Otherwise, you will possibly need to synchronize the blockchain again.

Then ready to mine.  Let know if this fixes issue.  

So you have working?  If so thats good.  I am glad to help.  Good luck mining! Smiley

Windows tutorial will be changed to make easier to understand and be successful mining.

Edit:

Devs are working on Windows GUI that will make mining easier for Windows users that don't have command line experience.  This should be available soon but I cannot give definite time frame.  Mac GUI should be released shortly after.  Things are happening and updates will be forthcoming.  Thanks for your interest in Monero.  Many people are working hard to bring this coin to everyone and make strong for the future.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Activity: -42
Do not start daemon/wallet on different port.

Reboot computer.  Start bitmonerod from command line.  Let sync. "important to let finish syncing"  start wallet from command line and type start_mining from within wallet.

I know it more complicated than other coin for now.  Devs are working on GUI to make simple and easy from Windows.  It's new coin working out issues like any other.  It is different from other coins.  Issues will be resolved in short time.  Give try and inform on status.  Happy mining Smiley  

Edit:

After bitmonerod sync, type "save" in window to write blockchain to hard drive.  When closing bitmonerod type exit in window to write latest block information to hard drive.  Does not write autmatically.  It is important to wait until bitmonerod sync before start mining.  You will see message like:

You are now synchronized with the network. You may now start simplewallet.

Please note, that the blockchain will be saved only after you quit the daemon wi
th "exit" command or if you use "save" command.
Otherwise, you will possibly need to synchronize the blockchain again.

Then ready to mine.  Let know if this fixes issue.  

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
ninja launch with new algo

meh...

What are you even talking about?

1. Not a new algorithm (essentially the same as Bytecoin)

2. Not a ninja launch (was preannounced, was delayed to get Windows binaries ready, etc.)

later integrate GHOST if problems surrounding centralization arise.  It's not the end of the world.

GHOST does not address centralization, in fact it may make centralization worse. That said, having essentially instant transactions is at least a really important and relevant differentiator that might be worth a try, if we have the talent and resources on this team to implement it.

If not, then a new coin with instant transactions and privacy (and a good launch...) could be a real winner.

It's good that you are on the team.  You have much to offer future of coin or any coin.  Smiley
Jump to: