Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 620. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

Changing the mixin hasn't helped. Still getting the same error. Could there be another issue?

Can you set your daemon log level to 1 and try again? It should give more details.

Thanks. According to the log the tx has "used already spent key images".

I'm going to follow the steps set out here (assuming they are still valid):

1. Delete poolstate.bin and restart node (also move/rename wallet .bin file again)
2. Make sure you have the current version
3. Make sure you are connected to the network with print_cn (daemon command)
4. Wait 24 hours and try again

Ok, so you may need to run "rescan_spent" in simplewallet as well as the above steps.

Yes to clarify a bit the above "try again" had some context which included rescanning the wallet.

Great thanks this worked. Only I refreshed the wallet, rather than rescanned. Didn't wait 24hrs though (life's too short).

This is good that there is a process for fixing these issues, please make an effort to have a place for Monero owners to find out how to fix problems like this.  Yes, I know it is on bitcointalk.org message board now in this post, but shouldn't it have been somewhere for someone to find before now?

Quick question also:  When I ran simplewallet on earlier versions, it went through a process after synching the daemon, where it would go through the blocks.  Mine doesn't do that anymore on the latest version.  My balance does show ok.  Is this normal? It's hard to tell if everything is working ok if you don't send monero very often.

The scanning is in the background now. You don't have to wait for it, but newly received coins won't appear right away, until the scan reaches them.

This is good to know.  I know you guys are really busy coding and everything, sorry to be a bit of a nag on the documentation, I like to know how to do something, before I know I need to know how to do something.

The bug is inherent to the 9.1 version of Hydrogen Helix and is patched in 9.3 already. Therefore, I think it's a bit redundant to include it in the documentation.

Ok, I thought this was just the new way the simplewallet worked, I didn't know it was a bug that was fixed, so you are right.  I need to upgrade to 9.3.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Changing the mixin hasn't helped. Still getting the same error. Could there be another issue?

Can you set your daemon log level to 1 and try again? It should give more details.

1. Delete poolstate.bin and restart node (also move/rename wallet .bin file again)

Ok, so you may need to run "rescan_spent" in simplewallet as well as the above steps.

Yes to clarify a bit the above "try again" had some context which included rescanning the wallet.

Great thanks this worked. Only I refreshed the wallet, rather than rescanned. Didn't wait 24hrs though (life's too short).

This is good that there is a process for fixing these issues, please make an effort to have a place for Monero owners to find out how to fix problems like this.  Yes, I know it is on bitcointalk.org message board now in this post, but shouldn't it have been somewhere for someone to find before now?

Quick question also:  When I ran simplewallet on earlier versions, it went through a process after synching the daemon, where it would go through the blocks.  Mine doesn't do that anymore on the latest version.  My balance does show ok.  Is this normal? It's hard to tell if everything is working ok if you don't send monero very often.

The scanning is in the background now. You don't have to wait for it, but newly received coins won't appear right away, until the scan reaches them.

This is good to know.  I know you guys are really busy coding and everything, sorry to be a bit of a nag on the documentation, I like to know how to do something, before I know I need to know how to do something.

The bug is inherent to the 9.1 version of Hydrogen Helix and is patched in 9.3 already. Therefore, I think it's a bit redundant to include it in the documentation.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

Ok, so you may need to run "rescan_spent" in simplewallet as well as the above steps. I'd recommend just running "flush_txpool" in the daemon console first (and resending the transaction) before trying any of the above.
Silly question but where can the wallet .bin file be found on Mac OS X? There is a file with the same name as the wallet in the user/[username] directory however the file doesn't have an extension. Should I be moving/ renaming this?
I think the wallet file name won't have a .bin extension unless you specify it when creating it.

Ah yes thanks... I remember now (it's been almost two years since I last created one!)

Nice to see you posting here. It seems like many former BBR supporters are not getting more involved with XMR and or AEON. Are you still working on popboolr? Any way you could adapt something like that for Monero?

Less of the 'former'... I'm still very much behind Boolberry. Been away from Crypto as I've recently found out my wife is expecting another little one, so everything else has been put on the back burner.

I've always held a little stash of Monero... even if getting my hands on it can prove tricky at times!

Good to see both XMR and BBR joining the 'rise of the alts'!

This is nearly as bad as if you find out some douchebag lawyer or government goon has put a hold on your bank account.  I would like to request that Monero include this information in an easy to find place, say in a readme file with the client download, or prominently displayed in the first post of this thread. Also, it would be nice to know what if anything a person that has in a wallet for the previous version needs to do or doesn't need to do to make their wallet work with the new version.  A couple of times it seemed ridiculous to even find anything telling you anything.  

Also it seems that the daemon does not want to close sometimes.  If you are synching and trying to close before the synching finishes, it hangs there and you don't have a clue what is going on.  If you type exit again it takes a while and does close.

Also, it would be nice to know that your coins are good without having to send them to another wallet or some other strange way to just see if the new code has destroyed your coins.  Some of us don't like to have to babysit the coins in a way that you have to do it just to see if you could even send them.  

I hope monero goes to $20,000 per coin so I can be rich.

Just my .02 Moneros.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Silly question but where can the wallet .bin file be found on Mac OS X? There is a file with the same name as the wallet in the user/[username] directory however the file doesn't have an extension. Should I be moving/ renaming this?
I think the wallet file name won't have a .bin extension unless you specify it when creating it.

Ah yes thanks... I remember now (it's been almost two years since I last created one!)

Nice to see you posting here. It seems like many former BBR supporters are not getting more involved with XMR and or AEON. Are you still working on popboolr? Any way you could adapt something like that for Monero?

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
what services are coming, or features to monero that may increase its usage? the value seems stagnant for long time already

Please stop sigspamming.

it was a legit question but since you think it was spam, i'll post this again in one week without the sig, i'm curious about your answer

What a stupid post, you were spamming don't try to weasel out of it. Be a man, admit it and move on. There is ZERO chance you have no clue what has been going on if you even read ten posts of any XMR thread ANYWHERE.

what services are coming, or features to monero that may increase its usage? the value seems stagnant for long time already

Please stop sigspamming.

it was a legit question but since you think it was spam, i'll post this again in one week without the sig, i'm curious about your answer

Your 'legit' question makes no sense when the 'stagnant' value has increased 300% in a few months and has regular daily double digit swings.

So I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are sigspamming and not merely stupid. Please go away.

In case anyone else is interested, here are the design and development goals: http://getmonero.org/design-goals/

how the value is increase by 300% if it was 500k satoshi at the beginning, with a nearly 900k satoshi for the all time high? i'm not talking about a returning to the main situation, that's not an increase for me, a pump after a dump is not an increase, a real increase is when you float above your ath, everything else is only a p&d which lead to stagnation

Which part of the bolded were you unable to comprehend? Looks like your just a troll that was sig spamming and is now in attack mode when called out on it. Why don't you just crawl back under that rock? Or do what I said in the above quote.
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

Why can't I send any coins? I've tried 4 times, every time I get this error.

2016-Mar-25 12:22:48.643902 Error: transaction was rejected by daemon with status: Failed

Using latest 64bit Windows wallet.

Try to use the "transfer_new" command, which uses a different algorithm to construct the transaction, and also try to send in smaller amounts.

I've just tried this, I get the same error. I've tried different amounts, right down to 1 coin. Won't work.

I'm getting the same error using the latest Mac OS X  wallet.

Mixin must be at least 3

Try:
transfer 3

Or:
transfer_new 3

Mixin must be 2 or greater.

2016-Mar-25 12:22:48.643902 Error: transaction was rejected by daemon with status: Failed

Try to use the "transfer_new" command, which uses a different algorithm to construct the transaction, and also try to send in smaller amounts.

I've just tried this, I get the same error. I've tried different amounts, right down to 1 coin. Won't work.

Mixin must be at least 3

Try:
transfer 3

Or:
transfer_new 3

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1022
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Please stop sigspamming.

Your 'legit' question makes no sense when the 'stagnant' value has increased 300% in a few months and has regular daily double digit swings.

So I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are sigspamming and not merely stupid. Please go away.

In case anyone else is interested, here are the design and development goals: http://getmonero.org/design-goals/

how the value is increase by 300% if it was 500k satoshi at the beginning, with a nearly 900k satoshi for the all time high? i'm not talking about a returning to the main situation, that's not an increase for me, a pump after a dump is not an increase, a real increase is when you float above your ath, everything else is only a p&d which lead to stagnation
Activity: 337

Mixin must be at least 3

Try:
transfer 3

Or:
transfer_new 3

Activity: 280
Mixin must be at least 3

Try:
transfer 3

Or:
transfer_new 3

Nice catch magico, and a good reminder for everyone.
Jump to: