Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 922. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Yeah, I think MIT / Boston would be a good area to sticker bomb. Just the Monero logo, with the getmonero.org underneath it.

If NSA wasn't already interested in Monero, they should be by now.

LOL, Woops. I'm sure it has been on their radar for months anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
With the conferences in Europe coming up, I hope that anyone who attends takes some notes/pictures. Cool
I would love to see what is being discussed and with who at these events. Maybe next summer I will be able to attend something like that in Europe.

I am thinking about starting a Bitcoin/Monero club at my University next semester with a few of my friends.

Fantastic ideas.

Yeah, I think MIT / Boston would be a good area for a sticker campaign. Just the Monero logo, with the getmonero.org underneath it.

- edited to entertain possibilities of extreme paranoia. And now the quoter will just have to edit their post and revisionism protocol will be complete.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Monero
With the conferences in Europe coming up, I hope that anyone who attends takes some notes/pictures. Cool
I would love to see what is being discussed and with who at these events. Maybe next summer I will be able to attend something like that in Europe.

I am thinking about starting a Bitcoin/Monero club at my University next semester with a few of my friends. I think getting young individuals who understand the concerns of the spying from NSA types, and also the generation who are always connected to the internet are an audience that we want to target.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
Monero tshirts or sweatshirts would look "cool". A dark black with white lining and the monero logo, name, and a catchy slogan: "Don't hate cause I'm anonymous", would be interesting.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
hmmm whats with monero pump
10% increase is no pump in crypto world  Tongue.

XMR cryptsy listing is imminent!

Imminent for the past year
legendary
when was this build from?

if it was between 5/1 and 5/13 (roughly), then yeah you should recompile. There was a bug somewherez that was fixed recently.

It is always a good idea, if you are compiling from HEAD on github, to keep an eye on the activity there (commits, issues, pull requests). There may issues or fixes that would apply to the code you are using (which is in a staging state, not a release state).
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Real life events and discussions will take a major role in explaining Monero and bringing it one step further.
Having some persons, especially long-standing Bitcoiners, underlying the importance of Monero in real life is completely different than just promoting it online. Because they really put their name and reputation into it, which doesn't really happen online where everybody can support shitcoins at no personal cost. (Somehow mitigated if you're writing online with your real name, but still not at the same level as real-life commitment).

That is the reason why in Bitcoin conferences, workshops, meetups or personal meetings, you won't see trusted and knowledgeable people vouch for (or even just talk about) "AmberCoin", "NakamotoDark", "OmniCoin" or "PopularCoin". I don't invent the names BTW, they're from the cryptsy top 5 voting list! Though you'll see plenty of people supporting this crap online, at no personal cost.

In the next days will start a series of real-life Monero meetups across Europe. I personally think it is likely to trigger a sparkle of "good quality" interest, from people really understanding what's at stake here, and not just buying an altcoin for the fun or the mere price speculation.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
when was this build from?

if it was between 5/1 and 5/13 (roughly), then yeah you should recompile. There was a bug somewherez that was fixed recently.
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
Code:
2015-May-16 15:31:21.323719 [P2P9][XX.XX.XX.XX:18080 OUT] SYNCHRONIZED OK
2015-May-16 15:32:00.921773 [P2P5]Storing blockchain...
[warn] kqueue: Too many open files
[err] evsig_init: socketpair: Too many open files
[warn] kqueue: Too many open files
[err] evsig_init: socketpair: Too many open files
[1431783271] libunbound[7191:0] error: can't create socket: Too many open files
Segmentation fault: 11
logout

after this happens, shell is dead and needs to be restarted.

should i recompile from master?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
I think that "either" is usually taken to imply exclusive "or".
Activity: 158

I just sponsored 0.02BTC for voting beside my account voting months ago. We will beat AMBERcoin, whatever that is  Grin

Don't waste your money on that. If they ever really wanted to add XMR, they would have done it by now. Almost one year ago cryptsy admins were assuring me the addition of XMR to their site would be only a few weeks away.

Either they are incompetent or monero is just a too honest coin for them.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

I just sponsored 0.02BTC for voting beside my account voting months ago. We will beat AMBERcoin, whatever that is  Grin
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei

die sauzsages begot many typologies y topologies

Q: What's yellow, linear, normed, and complete? A: A Bananach space.

+nowwe'reLinkedIn+
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
A sound of Monero slowly climbing up in charts may remind a tasty jingling of the silver Monero coin... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A00SoWZXuoY
Activity: 231
Not sure you read his post carefully.  Say monero goes to $25.  Is $250 worth the risk to recover 534x$25?  That's a question for you to answer.  But how much does it cost to put the broken hard drive on a shelf until monero is worth $.00003 or $25.00?
ATM, Monero is around 30 50 cents. Spend 260 dollars and you get your moneroj back, in a way. If later on, one monero is worth 250 dollars, so much the better, but right now, it is not.

It would be like saying that the 10 000 BTC pizza guy lost millions. Crap, he did not lose a thing if he bought back (and I am pretty certain he did, at least partially).

Edited that for you. I agree with you btw, you could also just store it somewhere safe at home and try to recover it when Monero is worth a lot more. However, the mental impact of a non-recoverable disk will be greater when Monero is worth a lot than now.

A reason to recover it now versus later is that the parts needed to recover it might not be available at a later date, depending on what is wrong with it. Sometimes these drives need circuit boards or chips that almost exactly match the drive. At least, that is true with magnetic drives. I'm not sure if it's as relevant with SSD drives.

Also, apparently, there are issues with leaving your ssd without any power for prolonged periods of time.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/solid-state-disks-lose-data-if-left-without-power-for-just-a-few-days/

But, if it is cheaper to buy x amount of Monero than possibly recovering x amount of Monero....
Activity: 231
man, who do we talk to in order to fix stuff like this?

You can't. Those are paid PR services, they'll run whatever you pay for. Most if not all cryptocoin "news" sites are like that.

The best you can do is to try to educate people not trust those sources, and indeed to actively distrust anything you see promoted/mentioned there.

Precisely. Understand the difference between journalism and PR.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats

Activity: 500
Merit: 500
nice discount on .party domain name registration at ovh https://www.ovh.com/fr/domaines/dotparty.xml (sorry, in french  Undecided)
0.6€ the first year (then 32€/year  Angry)
i was thinking about monero.party but someone has registered it(at https://www.namecheap.com/)
legendary
Activity: 2453
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
thx for the feed-back.
Is it ever posible to run a Monero wallet on a mobile phone?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.1160

AEON (an experimental Monero fork) is a long way from actually being a usable solution on a mobile phone, although the focus of the project is to develop technologies that make that practical and efficient in the future.

Both Monero and AEON have been tested on Raspberry Pi 2 (ARM cpu similar to that used on some smart phones, limited RAM, etc.), but the performance is not yet usable, and that doesn't address the issue of a mobile UI at all. Eventually I expect that to all happen though.

Thank you that is nice development!
I go follow the AEON topic.
legendary
thx for the feed-back.
Is it ever posible to run a Monero wallet on a mobile phone?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.1160

AEON (an experimental Monero fork) is a long way from actually being a usable solution on a mobile phone, although the focus of the project is to develop technologies that make that practical and efficient in the future.

Both Monero and AEON have been tested on Raspberry Pi 2 (ARM cpu similar to that used on some smart phones, limited RAM, etc.), but the performance is not yet usable, and that doesn't address the issue of a mobile UI at all. Eventually I expect that to all happen though.
Jump to: