Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 920. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 504
sound like a bad joke but looks like everyone on polo needs to register lol Shocked

we need a new xmr exchange i think

Yup rip Poloniex, I'm moving all my funds asap off this irs watchdog...

This is so insane... please elaborate on the legality of this for a crypto exchange? 

Didn't Poloniex just take a quantum leap into a whole new world of regulation?  Is it US based?
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Poloniex is now offering margin trading, more information can be found here -> https://poloniex.com/support/aboutMarginTrading

Margin trading kisses volatility hello! Monero's vola is going to increase :-) Lovin' that!! +5
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
sound like a bad joke but looks like everyone on polo needs to register lol Shocked

Yup rip Poloniex, I'm moving all my funds asap off this irs watchdog...
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Poloniex is now offering margin trading, more information can be found here -> https://poloniex.com/support/aboutMarginTrading
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
did not realize that next monday is off, so maybe i can still come to berlin. would be nice to meet you all in person Kiss
i would be fine with meeting earlier too, or meeting twice for those who want. i have friends in berlin i need to say helo, but i mainly want to devote this visit to monero
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
How does Monero fare in the blocksize debate that's currently going on with Bitcoin? Is a 1mb cap going to be an issue?

There is no hard blocksize cap in Monero and other Cryptonotes, so this shouldn't be an issue. Cryptonotes implement a coinbase reward penalty if the blocksize is larger than the median of the last 'x' number of blocks, but there's no hard limit.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
How does Monero fare in the blocksize debate that's currently going on with Bitcoin? Is a 1mb cap going to be an issue?

No, Monero has no block size limit and a fee that scales with the transaction, so issues like block size and attacking the network with dust are irrelevant.  This is one of the core reasons why I have realized Monero truly is "Bitcoin 2".
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
However, Luke-jr seems convinced that anonymity incorporated into a side chain will somehow result in an improved privacy solution. He also completely misses the fact that it would do nothing to improve bitcoin's fungibility issues.

it will be visible that coins come from the "cryptonote-sidechain", thus making the mixing useless. The bitcoins become tainted and this could lead to all sorts of nasty government regulation.

"Why should you use this sidechain if you have nothing to hide?"
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
However, Luke-jr seems convinced that anonymity incorporated into a side chain will somehow result in an improved privacy solution. He also completely misses the fact that it would do nothing to improve bitcoin's fungibility issues.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

As I suspected, some hardcore bitcoiners rather public support a scam with broken ring signatures over Monero, lol

Luke-jr did digress that perhaps 80% premine was a bit excessive.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

As I suspected, some hardcore bitcoiners rather public support a scam with broken ring signatures over Monero, lol
Activity: 198

If you like that (completely incomplete) list, then you will also like this (almost complete) one: http://mapofcoins.com
Activity: 186
Monero
I wish more people had their XMR address as their signature. I really like to donate to people who I think are being proactive in the community by either helping newcomers or doing something productive for our cause.  
You wont get a tip if I can't find a way to send it to you Cool
Thank you, I updated my profile with the wanted information. OpenAlias is cool, wanted to try that before a long time. Your message motivated me.

I am happy some people like the service. I pray Monero gets some traction and in some months/years, we can build serious, useful Monero-based companies and live our ideals. (While doing something positive to mankind.) There is so much potential in Monero und so much money wasted in fuck projects & companies, inside and outside the crypto scene. (Most funded internet startups in Germany are so bad & worthless it's embarrassing.) Success is driven by passion, I can't remember any other project or technology with so many real passionated and intelligent people, then Monero.

We should get the forum signatures that someone made a couple weeks ago on your site. I can't find the page they are posted in but it's the orange ones that say Getmonero.com etc... there were a bunch of different ones that looked great. I think it would help for signature campaigning
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Nice work! Sent some XMR to the OpenAlias donation address in your profile.
Received, thank you.
Jump to: