Pages:
Author

Topic: XMR/AEON Developer Smooth Investigation - page 12. (Read 20909 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
August 14, 2015, 01:48:36 AM
Quote from: smooth

None of that matters if your own mining is profitable. Why does it mater if someone else makes more?

Didn't you just argue a while back that it's wrong to make more?

No, in fact I said that 100% of coins have someone making more because they are more clever (programming, hardware design,etc.) or because they live someplace with cheap electricity, etc. There is nothing wrong with that outcome in general, as long as the process is reasonable (not ninja-launched in the middle of the night ahead of the promised schedule, etc.)
Activity: 1484
Merit: 535
August 14, 2015, 01:47:08 AM
Quote from: smooth

None of that matters if your own mining is profitable. Why does it mater if someone else makes more?

Didn't you just argue a while back that it's wrong to make more?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 14, 2015, 01:44:56 AM
The whole point of this thread is to show how you are attacking coins daily (since I started he thread 2 days ago, you are over 50 posts attacking Dash on the Dash thread for example...)

I just counted a total of 29 posts from me on the Dash thread in the last four (not two) days. My count might be off by a few but not off by 21, and the actual two-day count is lower (I didn't count it). Stop rage-lying.

Prior to that there were no posts for a couple of days, then 2 posts there, one about an exchange with a London address using a mail forwarder and being located elsewhere and one about Poloniex implementing KYC, and then no posts for several days before that.

You're off the rails.

12th of August it was 28 posts, i've seen lots from you since then.  If you thought I was lying, you had ample opportunity since then to prove me wrong.

The posts are there. Anyone can count them, and they can look at the previous history as I stated. I haven't deleted any posts. The forum mods deleted a few, left the rest. The ones the forum mods deleted were mostly replies to off-topic and personal-attack posts by Dash community members which the mods also deleted. I can document this.

I'm not going to argue with you after the fact Smooth, like I said you could have contested my data at the time but you didn't, and I know the number because it's not the kind of error I would leave when making these kind of allegations against you.  Now you claim it's wrong and 'you didn't delete any posts' - doesn't work like that Cheesy  And not really up for having you try to divert the conversation - all the info is there.

The focus on here is your trolling, attacking your competitors to try to badmouth them in the hope your own small projects can gain in value (AEON / XMR).  And secondly we are investigating why you are bulding up a competitor to XMR in the form of AEON, when much of the community have no idea with (just like the private keys being sent from user's computers to MyMonero.com) there is never an official announcement.

At this point, if you keep repeating posts and comments I have replied to many times already in this thread, I will just ignore them, and continue with the investigation / poll.
legendary
August 14, 2015, 01:41:01 AM
I'll just say that for example mining is not that transparent, because you don't know who has figured out how to rent AWS, etc. Renting nearly always makes more sense than buying hardware.

This is incorrect. Most fairly launched coins are not profitable to mine on AWS, at least beyond a very short initial low-difficulty period. AWS is generally several times more expensive than your own equipment, and there is no way mining economics can support that. It was an exception of Monero due to the newness of the technology and the high level of investor demand that it stayed profitable there for several months (even with public unoptimized miners).

Which was in part a function of Darkcoin popularizing anonymity, you are correct about that, but it was also in part a function of the fair and transparent launch, visible integrity of the team, etc. because that brought investors who had rejected Darkcoin, Bytecoin and others.

You don't know who has optimized code, even GPU optimized, etc.

None of that matters if your own mining is profitable. Why does it matter if someone else makes more?

As for Darkcoin, it did do one very important thing. It showed there is demand for anonymous coins.

Agree. It did become popular and in turn popularize the idea that Bitcoin was not good enough. I think Bytecoin (on which development started before Darkcoin, but released after) or something else would likely have done that anyway, but you never know
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
August 14, 2015, 01:34:47 AM
...he never really bashes other projects from what I read anyways my 2 cents.
Don't read much, do you?

No time too busy coding., you? What's ur excuse?
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
August 14, 2015, 01:28:25 AM
It is a free market. He can do that if he wants.

The only valid (but subjective) complaint is whether people feel he is harping too much on others' rights to do various forms of not entirely transparent leverage or even (in his opinion are) half-arsed technologies.

I do agree with smooth's implied point that there are gradations of transparency. And his dealings seem to be on the more transparent side than for example those who actually lie about the emission curve. But I also think others have a point about launch is never 100% transparent and harping on other communities is for example myopic of the fact that DarkCoin helped to build the demand for anonymity which is why Monero has the market cap it does.

All of us stand on the shoulders of other events, even those which were "scammy".

I just my entire life hated wasting time on non-productive shit like fighting over who threw sand first. Better to move on. Even with my ex and losing my eye to some thugs, I just moved on. Even the husband who murdered my sister and got away without jail time and even called my mother on her birthday to tell her he remarried, both my mom and I moved on (although my mother and motherly instinct has suffered severe depression and compulsive disorder due to this loss).

Life is a box of chocolates. Keep sampling the next one.

Now let's go have some fun creating new stuff. I at age 50 am still like a kid with an erector set.  Grin  Tongue

See ya...

P.S. my mother said I am the only kid she knew who dissassembled all his toys instead of playing with them. I said, "mom that is playing with them". Maybe here I find some of my peers who were not my neighbors.
legendary
August 14, 2015, 01:25:29 AM
The whole point of this thread is to show how you are attacking coins daily (since I started he thread 2 days ago, you are over 50 posts attacking Dash on the Dash thread for example...)

I just counted a total of 29 posts from me on the Dash thread in the last four (not two) days. My count might be off by a few but not off by 21, and the actual two-day count is lower (I didn't count it). Stop rage-lying.

Prior to that there were no posts for a couple of days, then 2 posts there, one about an exchange with a London address using a mail forwarder and being located elsewhere and one about Poloniex implementing KYC, and then no posts for several days before that.

You're off the rails.

12th of August it was 28 posts, i've seen lots from you since then.  If you thought I was lying, you had ample opportunity since then to prove me wrong.

The posts are there. Anyone can count them, and they can look at the previous history as I stated. I haven't deleted any posts. The forum mods deleted a few, left the rest. The ones the forum mods deleted were mostly replies to off-topic and personal-attack posts by Dash community members which the mods also deleted. I can document this.

August 14, 2015, 01:24:54 AM

You're off the rails.

12th of August it was 28 posts, i've seen lots from you since then.  If you thought I was lying, you had ample opportunity since then to prove me wrong.
legendary
August 14, 2015, 01:23:08 AM
On Bittrex today, AEON is ahead of XMR again on volume:

Oh come on. Bittrex is the ONLY exchange for AEON, and a tiny exchange for XMR with 2.9% of its volume. Get real.

legendary
August 14, 2015, 01:22:05 AM

Prior to that there were no posts for a couple of days, then 2 posts there, one about an exchange with a London address using a mail forwarder and being located elsewhere and one about Poloniex implementing KYC, and then no posts for several days before that, and documented periods in the recent past with no posts whatsoever for several weeks.

You're off the rails.

August 14, 2015, 01:19:09 AM
to OP : i found smooth's connection to AEON particular interesting, makes one wonder how the two coins (XMR / AEON) will get played out
against each other in the future. Two competing altcoins under heavy influence of one single person can never go well...  

I agree qwizzie, it's totally unethical with the various ways it can play out (and Smooth can play it out being core team of both coins) and he has 2.5% of AEON supply for free already so he certainly has an incentive to raise AEON value.

On Bittrex today, AEON is ahead of XMR again on volume:

BTC-AEON   Aeon   8.00669257   BTC
BTC-XMR   Monero   7.22644605 BTC

He's working a lot harder on AEON than he ever did for XMR too:

https://github.com/aeonix/aeon/commits?author=iamsmooth
https://github.com/iamsmooth/bitmonero/commits?author=iamsmooth

Theres a look at his XMR work a few pages back too, around 30 lines of code including comments for the whole year, mostly adding and removing preprocessor directives and inserting a couple of IF statements from what I can see.
August 14, 2015, 01:17:04 AM
This thread is kinda hilarious. Some of you Dash subordinates are really quite inept.

I mean it's said that Dash types aren't exactly renowned for their intelligence but this thread really does punctuate a stereotype.

Here's the thing dickheads:-

While Dash has many faults, ultimately it still has a bigger marketcap!

And yet you're still burning untold energies into sucking the cocks of your next downward rival?

What the hell? How does that even work?

I mean seriously, Dash is effectively XMR's next upward competitor. Whenever little bitch fights break out like this it only serves to benefit Monero - demonstrably in fact. DASH vs XMR is a branded-dialectic that is inevitably advantageous to Monero simply because it has a lesser market cap. Where do you think you're even going with it?

TIP: Stop whining like retard bitches and do something about your incompetently short-sighted strategies, and if you absolutely must troll someone then at least have the fucking self-respect to troll your next upward competitor. Don't fucking troll your next downward competitor man. That's just humiliating.

Um...this is a thread investigating Smooth for his attacks on various competitors and insider-dealings between AEON/XMR?  Did you click the wrong thread?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he saw through that pretense and figured out that this is actually a rage-troll hate thread against me in retaliation for posting about Dash's fraud and abuses on the Dash thread.

smooth there is a simple solution, PLEASE stop trolling other coins threads, even if it's good or bad news,
seems like usually you are not welcome there, so why bother.

I don't need an invitation, nor do I care one whit if I get one or not. Threads on an open forum are not by invitation. If you want to control the message and limit criticism, go elsewhere.

That is exactly why coins having moderated ANN threads or all or most conversation on promoter-controlled platforms is such a red flag. To its credit at least Dash has not adopted the former bad practice.

You do know that this is hurting you and your coins if you keep doing this? It's freedom of speech, but usually there's some self moderation to be considered.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
August 14, 2015, 01:12:47 AM
to OP : i found smooth's connection to AEON particular interesting, makes one wonder how the two coins (XMR / AEON) will get played out
against each other in the future. Two competing altcoins under heavy influence of one single person can never go well...  

and with regards to smooth attacking other altcoin communities and trying to disrupt them, that is most definetely serving his own purpose
legendary
August 14, 2015, 01:12:20 AM
This thread is kinda hilarious. Some of you Dash subordinates are really quite inept.

I mean it's said that Dash types aren't exactly renowned for their intelligence but this thread really does punctuate a stereotype.

And yet you're still burning untold energies into sucking the cocks of your next downward rival?

I mean seriously, Dash is effectively XMR's next upward competitor. Whenever little bitch fights break out like this it only serves to benefit Monero - demonstrably in fact. DASH vs XMR is a branded-dialectic that is inevitably advantageous to Monero simply because it has a lesser market cap. Where do you think you're even going with it?

TIP: Stop whining like retard bitches and do something about your incompetently short-sighted strategies, and if you absolutely must troll someone then at least have the fucking self-respect to troll your next upward competitor. Don't fucking troll your next downward competitor man. That's just humiliating.

Um...this is a thread investigating Smooth for his attacks on various competitors and insider-dealings between AEON/XMR?  Did you click the wrong thread?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he saw through that pretense and figured out that this is actually a rage-troll hate thread against me in retaliation for posting about Dash's fraud and abuses on the Dash thread.

smooth there is a simple solution, PLEASE stop trolling other coins threads, even if it's good or bad news,

I don't need an invitation, nor do I care one whit if I get one or not. Threads on an open forum are not by invitation. If you want to control the message and limit criticism, go elsewhere.

That is exactly why coins having moderated ANN threads or all or most conversation on promoter-controlled platforms is such a red flag. To its credit at least Dash has not adopted the former bad practice.
August 14, 2015, 01:11:42 AM
daily attacks on your competitors

I've already documented that the claim of daily anything is incorrect. I criticize fraudulent, unethical, technically-unsound, etc. projects when I see them and when it is relevant on the thread as particular false claims may appear (for example, when someone on the Dash thread claims that the community voted not to relaunch, which as far as I can tell is untrue, and is certainly undocumented).

However, as a result of this thread we have now agreed that posting a daily disclaimer on the Dash thread is a good safety measure. I'm not promising that I will always remember to do it personally. I apologize in advance for any new investors suckers who are harmed by me being too busy or forgetful, but I can't do it all myself.

I have never agreed that, or agreed to the 'draft' as you claimed.

The whole point of this thread is to show how you are attacking coins daily (since I started he thread 2 days ago, you are over 50 posts attacking Dash on the Dash thread for example...), and you are doing this because you would like Monero to have a market cap like Dash and you think that's a smart way to go about it.  My opinion is that you are just shooting yourself (and XMR/Aeon) in the foot more and more with each hysterical post you are making, but it's up to you what you do Cheesy
August 14, 2015, 01:09:35 AM

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
August 14, 2015, 01:09:21 AM
There were Windows binary miners at launch!

But even I didn't have time to mess with that. I was aware of Bitmonero and then Monero. I was following CN since a long time before that. And that is why I know that the accusation that it wasn't published earlier is wrong. I had seen the white paper a long time before that and unfortunately ignored it because I wasn't knowledgeable enough yet.

Well I have to say that you choosing not to mine is not evidence of any launch problems whatsoever. Furthermore the lack of any concentration of mining output at the beginning means you could really have done this over any time period of a few months and still done pretty well (as noted earlier about mining profitability in those days).

In fact, if you were familiar with Cryptonote, you could have been mining Bytecoin, which was reasonably easy to do as well. There was no real time pressure to mess with that, you could have set it up at your leisure and been ready to mine (bit)Monero when it launched later. That's where most of the early Monero miners came from, I think. Certainly true in my case.

My point remains that launch by mining is not a panacea. There are different ways to do different things.

I like diversity and free markets (even the right for people to harm themselves if they do insist).

Certainly true, but I will say that other methods of launch and distribution are fraught with perils. While no launch or mining system is ever perfect, at least we have some idea how to do a decent launch now. The main improvement I would make now if launching a new coin is slow start (ramp up mining rewards from a very low base at launch to their normal level over over some period of months to perhaps 1-2 years).

I'll just say that for example mining is not that transparent, because you don't know who has figured out how to rent AWS, etc. Renting nearly always makes more sense than buying hardware. You don't know who has optimized code, even GPU optimized, etc.

As for Darkcoin, it did do one very important thing. It showed there is demand for anonymous coins. That is why I did not try to kill it when I had the chance to when the community was small. Because I am AnonyMint and I have been pushing for greater anonymity since 2013.
legendary
August 14, 2015, 01:08:06 AM
daily attacks on your competitors

I've already documented that the claim of daily anything is incorrect. I criticize fraudulent, unethical, technically-unsound, etc. projects when I see them and when it is relevant on the thread as particular false claims may appear (for example, when someone on the Dash thread claims that the community voted not to relaunch, which as far as I can tell is untrue, and is certainly undocumented).

However, as a result of this thread we have now agreed that posting a daily disclaimer on the Dash thread is a good safety measure. I'm not promising that I will always remember to do it personally. I apologize in advance for any new investors suckers who are harmed by me being too busy or forgetful, but I can't do it all myself.

August 14, 2015, 01:04:15 AM

Um...this is a thread investigating Smooth for his attacks on various competitors and insider-dealings between AEON/XMR?  Did you click the wrong thread?

A lot of your posts seem to be back to front Smooth - seems like it's you having the big rage right now, and as I already explained (like 5 times now as you are just repeating the same basic post) the motivation for making this thread is to investigate your prolific daily attacks on your competitors https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmraeon-developer-smooth-investigation-1151565 and your conflict of interest in being a core dev for AEON / XMR at the same time.  And also the majority of users here think you *are* trolling for your own gain.  
legendary
August 14, 2015, 01:02:56 AM
There were Windows binary miners at launch!

But even I didn't have time to mess with that. I was aware of Bitmonero and then Monero. I was following CN since a long time before that. And that is why I know that the accusation that it wasn't published earlier is wrong. I had seen the white paper a long time before that and unfortunately ignored it because I wasn't knowledgeable enough yet.

Well I have to say that you choosing not to mine is not evidence of any launch problems whatsoever. Furthermore the lack of any concentration of mining output at the beginning means you could really have done this over any time period of a few months and still done pretty well (as noted earlier about mining profitability in those days).

In fact, if you were familiar with Cryptonote, you could have been mining Bytecoin, which was reasonably easy to do as well. There was no real time pressure to mess with that, you could have set it up at your leisure and been ready to mine (bit)Monero when it launched later. That's where most of the early Monero miners came from, I think. Certainly true in my case.

My point remains that launch by mining is not a panacea. There are different ways to do different things.

I like diversity and free markets (even the right for people to harm themselves if they do insist).

Certainly true, but I will say that other methods of launch and distribution are fraught with perils. While no launch or mining system is ever perfect, at least we have some idea how to do a decent (mining) launch now. The main improvement I would make now if launching a new coin is slow start (ramp up mining rewards from a very low base at launch to their normal level over over some period of months to perhaps 1-2 years).
Pages:
Jump to: