Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] CUDA enabled qt client miner for primecoins. Source code inside. WIP - page 5. (Read 31718 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
- Numbers are still sometimes truncated when parsed from strings

Sounds like you need a better library for int. something that handles really really big ints.

Imho there is no better library out there for GPUs. I'm hacking on the mpz library from a cuda-rsa student project, which is in my repo (https://github.com/primedigger/primecoin/blob/master/src/cuda/mpz.h). It uses its own structures for big ints and that's why you can't exactly load gmp mpz_t into the GPU - I'm using hex strings for that. The library had a function for loading numbers from hex strings, but unfortunately that function is a bit buggy. I guess in the long run, it would be wiser to assemble the GPU's big int data structures on the CPU.

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

Sounds like you need a better library for int. something that handles really really big ints.
Recent update with some fixes for the GPU :

- No more crashes on the GPU
- Fermat test seems to run fine

But we're getting there!

Help me to stay motivated with some XPM: AeB7voX4imYfA7T3V1PJgB3vV5jU526tz1

And happy hacking if you're trying this out.
Activity: 63
Looking forward to windows binaries. I'll make sure to tip some once they go live Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Excellent, 47 K10's and 14 K20's get bored and lonely evenings and weekends.
LZ
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072
P2P Cryptocurrency
Looks interesting. I'll try to compile it.
Btw why didnt you use cump library? it seems to be gmp (mpz) compatible

CUMP is mpf not mpz, unfortunately (if it was a miner would already be done)

Exactly! It's floating point only and that doesn't help for big int+modulo math. GPU mining primecoins will create an optimized big int GPU library as a nice side effect.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

CUMP is mpf not mpz, unfortunately (if it was a miner would already be done)
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
If someone wants to help, we need test cases for the cuda mpz functions to be sure that the cuda mpz library works (it's not mine). Also debugging this with gdb (the one from nvidia that can step through gpu execution) would be insightful, to see at which code line it crashes.

Sadly I haven't the faintest how to work with GDB. Also, adding on to my root access offer, I just remembered that Amazon offers GPU instances! For the life of me I cannot find the GPU option in the instance list though. If anyone gets back to me about this, I can happily offer you a donation to pay for a bit of that instance or I can try to set it up for you.

https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/

CG1 Instances are backed by 2 x Intel Xeon X5570, quad-core with hyperthread plus 2 NVIDIA Tesla M2050 GPUs
Activity: 122
I posted a run down of some will and will not change when gpu miners are released in the other miner thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2771239

Hope it helps some people.

Code compiles with some makefiles modifications but fails near imidiently with memory errors

Ah sorry my bad, I forgot to commit the makefile changes... but they should be up now
Activity: 255
If someone wants to help, we need test cases for the cuda mpz functions to be sure that the cuda mpz library works (it's not mine). Also debugging this with gdb (the one from nvidia that can step through gpu execution) would be insightful, to see at which code line it crashes.

Thanks for sharing your code I am also using your base and coding in vs2010 for windows. I will have a git  later but I'm on a different approach with a stand alone miner. Not integrated to primecoind. I will keep u posted. Main thing that different is I don't use gmp rather I am staying with bignums for now
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
How is this project going? I like it   Cool
Activity: 172

Sadly I haven't the faintest how to work with GDB. Also, adding on to my root access offer, I just remembered that Amazon offers GPU instances! For the life of me I cannot find the GPU option in the instance list though. If anyone gets back to me about this, I can happily offer you a donation to pay for a bit of that instance or I can try to set it up for you.

https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/

CG1 Instances are backed by 2 x Intel Xeon X5570, quad-core with hyperthread plus 2 NVIDIA Tesla M2050 GPUs
Activity: 363

I can try debuggin it on linux with cuda 5.5

Activity: 224
This is absolutely awesome! I was wondering why so many were falling for that 1 BTC early access thing, and even without any escrow! I know I should have started to learn cuda months ago, but I chose Ruby for RoR instead, heh.

I will see where I can help out with the non cuda stuff, or maybe throwing in some comments here and there so other dev's can catch up easier, all while learning some cuda on the way. As others have said, you have quite a few people willing to test things out for you. If interested, I might be able to provide you root access to a machine running a 570 GTX.

+1

I have a GTX 475 SLI 2x setup I can provide root access to as well.
Activity: 172
This is absolutely awesome! I was wondering why so many were falling for that 1 BTC early access thing, and even without any escrow! I know I should have started to learn cuda months ago, but I chose Ruby for RoR instead, heh.

I will see where I can help out with the non cuda stuff, or maybe throwing in some comments here and there so other dev's can catch up easier, all while learning some cuda on the way. As others have said, you have quite a few people willing to test things out for you. If interested, I might be able to provide you root access to a machine running a 570 GTX.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
I have a 780 I can test on, even if it's just builds that aim to test for performance, not actually mine blocks. Sadly my limited CUDA knowledge doesn't serve me very well here. Sad
Activity: 224
Very interesting. Would love to test out once Windows binaries are available.
Pages:
Jump to: