Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Pool mining primecoin using DigitalOcean (VPS) - page 6. (Read 88544 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
If you are a paying customer and are interested in them opening a new tier for high CPU, low disk and memory, do send them a note. I mentioned it to them, but I'm only one person.

Ticket response I got a few minutes ago. I asked about increasing droplet limit and opening up high cpu, low disk and memory. No mention of cpu in reply though.

Hello,

At this time we are not increasing droplet limits for PrimeCoin, BitCoin, or AltCoin mining purposes.

We will be completing large upgrades to capacity in all regions soon at which time we will again be able to offer higher limits.

If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks
DigitalOcean Suppor

You know if you were to fund someone willing like me, who has most resources available you could get all of that?
New VPS appears that's actually good for mining  Cool
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
This seems to be hit or miss...same thing as I've done before, yet I get this when compiling hp5:

g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/bitcoinrpc.d -o obj/bitcoinrpc.o bitcoinrpc.cpp
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See for instructions.
ivanlabrie@ivanlabrie1:~/primecoin/src$

This is after making a swap file? Only time we've seen this error so far.

Yep, I'm starting all over again...
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Is linode the one whose employee used an admin access to steal thousands of bitcoins?

Or was that rackspace?

-MarkM-
Activity: 201
Merit: 100

I gotta say, that thread had unintended consequences for me.  I'm now on a decent vps with linode.com running 8 cores for $20/month.  Maybe you should make a new thread for their service - they too have a referral program  Grin
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
This seems to be hit or miss...same thing as I've done before, yet I get this when compiling hp5:

g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/ivanlabrie/primecoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/bitcoinrpc.d -o obj/bitcoinrpc.o bitcoinrpc.cpp
See for instructions.

This is after making a swap file? Only time we've seen this error so far.

See for instructions.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Goddamn...I finally snagged some Amsterdam servers. They blow SF and NY out of the water!
If you are a paying customer and are interested in them opening a new tier for high CPU, low disk and memory, do send them a note. I mentioned it to them, but I'm only one person.

Support referred me here to request features: http://digitalocean.uservoice.com/forums/136585-digital-ocean

Let's descend on the DO forums and make our demands heard!
Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Ticket response I got a few minutes ago. I asked about increasing droplet limit and opening up high cpu, low disk and memory. No mention of cpu in reply though.

Hello,

At this time we are not increasing droplet limits for PrimeCoin, BitCoin, or AltCoin mining purposes.

We will be completing large upgrades to capacity in all regions soon at which time we will again be able to offer higher limits.

If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks
DigitalOcean Suppor

Activity: 238
Does anyone understand what this line of code does...?

static const unsigned int nPrimorialHashFactor = 7;
Activity: 109
Merit: 16
primecoind won't stop on my HP4 or HP5 Linux UBU 12.04 any thoughts?

Boot the machine?
Activity: 294
primecoind won't stop on my HP4 or HP5 Linux UBU 12.04 any thoughts?
Activity: 224
I spent $100 with them.
How much did you gain rethaw Huh

18000 with your referal ? oO

At 10$ the referal that made your day !

I wish. Trying to resolve some issues regarding this still, but I can tell you the majority of my referrals haven't gone past the $10 promo.

I deposited $20 last night  so you could get yo' scrilla after reading their referral program page. I don't know what the fuck I will do with it since they aren't raising my limit further, but I just don't want them thinking the whole crypto community is full of douchebags and I have already made a pile of loot, so I'll support them. You guys should do the same.

Thanks, but not really necessary. I have suggested they open up a high CPU instance with modest memory for Primecoin miners. If a pooled mining protocol comes along I expect they will get a lot of new customers.

Eh, I figure it gives you a nice little bonus and I am more than happy to support them. I will just have to bone up my linux skills and figure out a good use for them!

I wish. Trying to resolve some issues regarding this still, but I can tell you the majority of my referrals haven't gone past the $10 promo.

I deposited $20 last night  so you could get yo' scrilla after reading their referral program page. I don't know what the fuck I will do with it since they aren't raising my limit further, but I just don't want them thinking the whole crypto community is full of douchebags and I have already made a pile of loot, so I'll support them. You guys should do the same.

Thanks, but not really necessary. I have suggested they open up a high CPU instance with modest memory for Primecoin miners. If a pooled mining protocol comes along I expect they will get a lot of new customers.

That would be perfect...We should all ask the same via support tickets, maybe email/twitter?
We can show our support if they do such a thing.

I deposited $20 last night  so you could get yo' scrilla after reading their referral program page. I don't know what the fuck I will do with it since they aren't raising my limit further, but I just don't want them thinking the whole crypto community is full of douchebags and I have already made a pile of loot, so I'll support them. You guys should do the same.

Yeah, the rules of the referral is to pass $10.00

I know i passed $10 for him Tongue can I send you my XPM address to tip me back? Surely, I was worth an easy $10 credit Tongue

I got $10 in my pp already Cheesy

Got my new vps to work, I'll try the auto restart thing...Thanks for all the help guys, and good luck!
Pages:
Jump to: