Pages:
Author

Topic: y4x.com: BTC awarded on first block that has a bid - page 3. (Read 12984 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
No, i did win 3 or 4 0.01 Bets, this was my first 0.1 bet Sad

I dont feel lucky at all Sad

But i think you send me the monney back...so its ok...

You should change the System! Wating for one Conformation for Initialbet is not bad.
Activity: 144
Oh man ...

i did send 0.101 BTC to 1Y4wvaZXLNkSfYC4RCL9ZK4gvSYYFZovD ...
my Transaction got included in the Block, but not the Startingbet!!!

That System is bad Sad

Maybe, last bet in the block afterto the block with the initionalbet should be the winner!?!

That is pretty rare, like 1 in 150 rounds.  Consider yourself lucky Cheesy. Did you win any of the other rounds?  There have been a few winners today.
Oh man ...

i did send 0.101 BTC to 1Y4wvaZXLNkSfYC4RCL9ZK4gvSYYFZovD ...
my Transaction got included in the Block, but not the Startingbet!!!

That System is bad Sad

Maybe, last bet in the block afterto the block with the initionalbet should be the winner!?!
Activity: 477
Merit: 500
Bidding address #72 seems to need a long time before initial bid is done. Does it wait for a newly generated block before bidding or someting?

Edit: 211206 seems to be over 1 hour block..

Edit2: I think the initial bid was never sent..

I found the issue.  Sometimes the RPC connection is unavailable and that breaks the send.  I fixed it so that I check to ensure the send worked before updating the database.

I sent you 0.5 BTC to the address in your signature for helping discover the issue.

Ty! You really encourage people to seek bugs in your system. That's good :-)
Bidding address #72 seems to need a long time before initial bid is done. Does it wait for a newly generated block before bidding or someting?

I found the issue.  Sometimes the RPC connection is unavailable and that breaks the send.  I fixed it so that I check to ensure the send worked before updating the database.

I sent you 0.5 BTC to the address in your signature for helping discover the issue.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
I added 0.01 to the pot for #72 and sent it to the winner.  My records show the initial bid was sent but it didn't hit.  I will add some more scaffolding around that part of the code and see if it happens again.

Thanks!

That's me Wink
I added 0.01 to the pot for #72 and sent it to the winner.  My records show the initial bid was sent but it didn't hit.  I will add some more scaffolding around that part of the code and see if it happens again.

Thanks!

Odd, the initial bid went out for all except #72.

The way the system works is that the initial bid is sent out to the network at the same moment the address is first revealed.  I will look at the logs and see what's up with #72.

You are obviously rich! Let the Game run on every Block for 0.01 BTC Smiley

I want to play all day Grin

Or add several scripts with different bid. http://y4x.com/1BTChttp://y4x.com/0.1BTC etc ;-)

I plan on having multiple addresses revealed at a time.  Maybe like 0.01, 0.05 and 0.1.  I think 1 BTC is too large for all day bidding, I just ran it for the 51st bid because we had reached a total of 50 pots.

Or add several scripts with different bid. http://y4x.com/1BTChttp://y4x.com/0.1BTC etc ;-)

Activity: 238
The pot was 1 BTC for 20 minutes and no one bid for it.

1BTC= Real gambling, less than 0.01BTC=Fun lol

Nice, good point!  I guess I don't see 1 BTC as a big gamble but maybe I don't fully understand the bitcoin community as it stands today.

Its not necessarily a big gamble, but the risk of not getting my 1btc in the block, along with possibly having to fight someone else, makes it unattractive to me. These are just my opinions of course. (Its fun to throw pennies back and forth against someone else, but not nearly as fun when you start having to throw bills.)

Nice, good point!  I guess I don't see 1 BTC as a big gamble but maybe I don't fully understand the bitcoin community as it stands today.
Activity: 238

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
If anyone wants me to code a bidding bot exclusively for them PM me Smiley
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
When you have this up and running please be sure to come back here and tell us what you have "max bid" is defined as.  Wink

Since there are many auctions you could easily learn the bots behavior... just watch for the guy who is bidding satoshis and where he stops bidding Cheesy

Knowing the bidding increment won't be very useful unless you're also using a bot to bid for you.
But that max bid can really be dangerous  Grin
When you have this up and running please be sure to come back here and tell us what you have "max bid" is defined as.  Wink

Since there are many auctions you could easily learn the bots behavior... just watch for the guy who is bidding satoshis and where he stops bidding Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
Shouldn't be very hard to code a php bot for this.

repeat every second {

define max bid

get all transactions from bidding address -> verify if all of them has 0 confirmations -> verify if last bid is mine

if not -> get last bid value, add 1 satoshi -> bid

}

Pages:
Jump to: