Pages:
Author

Topic: YACoin Windows 7 x64 [SSSE3 and AVX support] / x86 miner - page 10. (Read 78985 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
tested on my Core 2 Duo T6600 Laptop, got arround 25KHash per core with ssse3 = ~50Khash =D

damn i need a xeon unit xD
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
@god3 add new record  Cool

ibm x3850 Win64 2008 -t 63 sse3

Added, nice speed Wink
Activity: 461
Merit: 252
@god3 add new record  Cool

ibm x3850 Win64 2008 -t 63 sse3

god3, I just noticed you added my results to the OP - Just wanted to notify you of an error, though.. I'm running SSE3 and not AVX. (These CPUs do not support AVX)
Thank you, I fixed this
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
god3, I just noticed you added my results to the OP - Just wanted to notify you of an error, though.. I'm running SSE3 and not AVX. (These CPUs do not support AVX)
legendary
wow thank you!  Getting 590kh/s on my 2x 16 core opterons now.  Very impressed.

Indeed, great work! I've got a 32 core opteron running at 900 KH/s, just wish it supported AVX instead of only SSE3!

Nice!  How do you get 900kh. What ghz are your cpu's?  I'm running 6274's 2.3Ghz @ t-31.  I need that extra core so my cgminer stays maxed as well, so running on 31 cores. 

I'm using 4x 6128 cpus, overclocked to 2.5ghz (2ghz stock) with -t 32 as I have no gpus on that rig. 32gb of ram, 4 sticks per cpu for best bandwidth. OS is windows server 2012 evaluation copy.

Maybe magny cours is a bit better at script?

It would seem that way.  My rig has 64GB of ECC DDR3 (ECC Disabled), Quad channel as well, just running windows 7 pro x64 (server os could make difference as well).  Magny cours were pretty good cpu's.  The extra .2ghz could be making most of the difference because mine won't throttle above 2.3 unless I am only running 16/32 cores, then it gets bumped to 2.5ghz @ 16 cores = 360kh/s = 720kh/s if it were able run at 2.5/32 cores.  So that could be the difference. Also, I'm running an ASUS KGPE-D16 Dual socket board, and it would seem you are running a quad socket board... I'm guessing Supermicro?  So your board is probably beefier/higher quality as well.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think Windows 7 non server will only access one CPU only (possibly 2? Def. not more than 2) so running the server OS could be a huge boost for you. How many CPUs and cores does CPU-z detect? And yeah, I'm running on a 4P SM board, H8QGi-F to be precise.
Activity: 39
Where do I configure for my pool???
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Core i7 2600k overclocked to 4.43 GHz.  Xigmatek Dark Knight Cooler.  Load temperatures are around the high 60s.

AVX - 320 KH/s.  Seemed to lower my GPU hashrate in CGminer by about 15KH/s for some reason.
SSSE - 325 KH/s.  Doesn't affect the hashrate of my GPU in CGminer at all.

Just got into YACoin, so let's see how this goes!  I'm still doing all of my GPU mining for Litecoins, so why not utilize my CPU as well?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Will this be developed to work with normal scrypt mining? The hash rate seem comparable to GPU to my layman eyes.  Smiley

YAC use another algoritm, therefore comparing the speed is incorrect.
Maybe you can speed up the litecoin algorithm with SSE/AVX optimisations, but it is not an easy task. I have not enough time to do it, and so upload unfinished source files.
Activity: 274
Will this be developed to work with normal scrypt mining? The hash rate seem comparable to GPU to my layman eyes.  Smiley
Activity: 31
I'm upload sources and binaries for x86 OS (see links in first post).

A 32 bits binary can be build with SSSE3 support?

Yes, i build it, but the speed didn't increase.

Ok, thanks anyways.
I'm upload sources and binaries for x86 OS (see links in first post).

A 32 bits binary can be build with SSSE3 support?

Yes, i build it, but the speed didn't increase.
Activity: 224

Indeed, great work! I've got a 32 core opteron running at 900 KH/s, just wish it supported AVX instead of only SSE3!

Nice!  How do you get 900kh. What ghz are your cpu's?  I'm running 6274's 2.3Ghz @ t-31.  I need that extra core so my cgminer stays maxed as well, so running on 31 cores. 

I'm using 4x 6128 cpus, overclocked to 2.5ghz (2ghz stock) with -t 32 as I have no gpus on that rig. 32gb of ram, 4 sticks per cpu for best bandwidth. OS is windows server 2012 evaluation copy.

It would seem that way.  My rig has 64GB of ECC DDR3 (ECC Disabled), Quad channel as well, just running windows 7 pro x64 (server os could make difference as well).  Magny cours were pretty good cpu's.  The extra .2ghz could be making most of the difference because mine won't throttle above 2.3 unless I am only running 16/32 cores, then it gets bumped to 2.5ghz @ 16 cores = 360kh/s = 720kh/s if it were able run at 2.5/32 cores.  So that could be the difference. Also, I'm running an ASUS KGPE-D16 Dual socket board, and it would seem you are running a quad socket board... I'm guessing Supermicro?  So your board is probably beefier/higher quality as well.
Activity: 602
Merit: 535
Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017

Is this ok? I don't get the hashes beneath it, while I did yesterday.
Why don't you just remove -q option?
legendary

You're solo mining and won't see any shares being accepted as its not pooled mining. You will only see blocks if you manage to mine some.
Activity: 12
https://i.imgur.com/ru12Dvi.png

legendary

Activity: 274
Out of curiosity, does god3 or anyone know what kind of tasks/algorithms are better done on the SIMD units in CPU rather than GPU?

May be answering this question will help create a coin that is truly friendly to CPU mining in the long term?
Activity: 224

Pages:
Jump to: