Pages:
Author

Topic: Year 2017. Poloniex vs. Bittrex vs. Kraken service comparison - page 2. (Read 35352 times)

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
This just my experience/preference:

Poloniex: it's grown too big of an exchange, meaning that it makes or breaks coins. It's near impossible to get a coin listed on polo as they don't have time to bother with new coins being busy counting their money. Regardless, if you ignore all the FUD, recently more and more people have issues with polo in one way or another. They also somewhat strictly oblige by KYC/AML which means they require IDs even from people outside the US. I never, ever given even my real name to exchanges, let alone ID scans. Not because I have anything to hide, it's just I don't trust them and identification goes against crypto. Anyway, with fake name you can withdraw $2k per day per account. Ever since the first reports of polo users getting their accounts locked due to something along the lines of the source of their deposits seems malicious I'm avoiding that exchange as much as I can and only hold as much funds as I wouldn't mind losing that much. I mean I'm not condoning hacking or stealing but they're an exchange, they shouldn't play judge and jury based on where you deposited the funds from.

Bittrex: probably my favourite exchange, or was in the past but in the last few months it's getting worse. They used to have a Distribution tab showing the top holders for each coin but they silently removed that feature for some reason. They also removed Joincoin with an announcement that they will do that at a set date instead of a warning that they expect more trading volume (therefore more profit from fees). So there was nothing to do by the community so they pretty much killed Joincoin. When I pay with bitcoin for goods and services I usually do so straight from Bittrex but recently the authorized withdrawals are taking long while it was used to be instant. They're also planning on changing their UI to a pretty terrible one if you ask me.

Kraken: I have zero experience with it.

Since I got into it I'll add a few more:

C-cex: not that big of an exchange but they're pretty great I think. At least I never had any issues with them. I especially love their UI, compact, to the point information.

Yobit: alias Aw, Snap Chrome ran out of memory while trying to display this webpage - because they don't put their site to sleep when it's in the background so whatever page you're on inside of yobit it still refreshes all the rapid bot activity of all the coins on the side until it crashes that tab in a hours, maybe days. Massively bot infested mass-shitcoin collecting exchange but it's a great medium size exchange with some crazy surprise pumps.

cryptopia.co.nz, coinexchange.io, empoex.com, coinsmarkets.com, novaexchange.com: the smallest of fishes I can barely differentiate.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
For me Bittrex is the best!
Activity: 52
Merit: 100
I want to ask everyone for their personal experiences in Bittrex, Poloniex and Kraken. I have heard many isolated incidents about one of those exchanges but I want to hear it from you for the benefit of the newbies who are looking for a safe and dependable altcoin exchange.

Please post your favorite exchange and give your rating from 1 to 5.

But also feel free to add other exchanges you have had experience with.
Pages:
Jump to: