Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 256 blocks solved! - page 172. (Read 89163 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 2
The more time is passing with "our" 3-5 PH without block hit, I'm realizing it makes no sense my lottery mining with tiny hash rate Wink
What I personally do is point the majority of my hashrate to PPS+ pools to get daily payouts, point only one or a few miners to cksolo for fun, I think this is the best rational approach.77
I do exactly the same. I mine ETH PPS, and BTC solo for fun. By our PH, I meant the whole pool hashrate :-P. We're community here Smiley. It would be good to know accurate solo chances anyway. E.g. to decide if electricity spent and possible win chance is better than buying lottery tickets :-P
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
The more time is passing with "our" 3-5 PH without block hit, I'm realizing it makes no sense my lottery mining with tiny hash rate Wink

Your hashrate is not tiny, it's too much to be risking on solo, and too small to hit a block on your own, I honestly don't know what the hell were you thinking pointing 3-5ph to a solo pool, you are risking a guaranteed win of about 1k per day to gamble on a solo pool, while your chances are a lot higher than those who point a single S9 or S7, you are nowhere close enough to hitting a block.

If that's hard to understand, think about it this way "You are closer to becoming a millionaire than Elon musk", many people will think that funny statement from the internet is false, but it's really true if you think about it twice, the same logic applies to gambling with 1k per day to hit a block, you have more chances of hitting a block, but the amount you risking is way too much and it isn't getting you close enough to a guaranteed block of any sort.

What I personally do is point the majority of my hashrate to PPS+ pools to get daily payouts, point only one or a few miners to cksolo for fun, I think this is the best rational approach.77
Activity: 4
Merit: 3
guys, is http://solochance.com/ accurate or do I need to calculate this myself?

You can't think of it as "omg my tiny hash rate" because guys with tiny peckers get laid too! You just have to think of it like lottery tickets. You can scratch off 100 and not get anything, or you can scratch off 1 and win big. Just keep it running. It's not hurting anything and you might win big. It has definitely been done before.
Activity: 25
guys, is http://solochance.com/ accurate or do I need to calculate this myself?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1954
Would love to go with a solorun again if its organized by some one with experience  Smiley Maybe we could find some ppl.
Activity: 637
Merit: 131
sent via my Coinbase account.

https://blockchain.info/address/1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ

this empties fund.

we did okay with the hodl

Much appreciated, thanks!

Now for some block action...

A block is due
cmon my 40Th 
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

this empties fund.

Much appreciated, thanks!

Now for some block action...
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
no worries I will do the send later today when I get back to my coin base account.

At this point the fund will be emptied.

Since we wlll be paid till may next year we need not worry til say Saint Patrick's day march 17 2022

maybe we do a collection then.

this empties fund.

Activity: 90
Merit: 12
Okay @ ck   what address?

to send the 0.017
Sure thing.

Just send it to the solo pool address.

1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ

Thanks!

will do.

sent

https://btc3.trezor.io/tx/789ea953f8e785a3f7b0083879cc4916825cdcd18b743019fb54ea4d48e050b9

https://btc3.trezor.io/address/1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ

we have 0.0175699 left in the account

I went light on fees and will try to push it.

Good got it confirmed and saved a dollar or 2.

Note my trezors are a mess due to multiple transactions the wallets slow down and take a long Time to clear.

At the moment fees are decent so I consolidated the ck funds and they now sit in this address below.

about 0.01755 btc

edit do not send coins here

1ECKcYnb3iVmqodaR3fFodnhRFmBssZeUF          

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1ECKcYnb3iVmqodaR3fFodnhRFmBssZeUF

Make note if you want to donate to it.

I want to update this.

I have 0.01755 btc in my coinbase account that is the donated money.  I made a lot on my doge holdings on my trezor wallets and found my trezors froze the doge for 4 days.

So I am less happy with using the trezor for longer holds.

I have 0.01755 btc which is about 1053 usd held. I will hodl it till June or till coins get to 100k.

So coins are on coinbase and are safe.

I will then send to ck.

so we have 0.01755 btc left.

I can send the coin to your address ck

please let me know if

is viable and I will send it. as it is close to 1 year worth of server fees

please let me know if

That will be fine, thanks.

@-ck: Thanks for keeping the solo pool alive for one more year!
@Phil ... Sorry i just can't do the promissed donat of 0.01 BTC atm, withoiut getting more problems i can handle! But i will not forget it!

Greetz to all solo miners!

Fingolfin

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

please let me know if

That will be fine, thanks.
legendary
Okay @ ck   what address?

to send the 0.017
Sure thing.

Just send it to the solo pool address.

Thanks!

will do.

sent

https://btc3.trezor.io/tx/789ea953f8e785a3f7b0083879cc4916825cdcd18b743019fb54ea4d48e050b9

https://btc3.trezor.io/address/1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ

we have 0.0175699 left in the account

I went light on fees and will try to push it.

Good got it confirmed and saved a dollar or 2.

Note my trezors are a mess due to multiple transactions the wallets slow down and take a long Time to clear.

At the moment fees are decent so I consolidated the ck funds and they now sit in this address below.

about 0.01755 btc

1ECKcYnb3iVmqodaR3fFodnhRFmBssZeUF          

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1ECKcYnb3iVmqodaR3fFodnhRFmBssZeUF

Make note if you want to donate to it.

I want to update this.

I have 0.01755 btc in my coinbase account that is the donated money.  I made a lot on my doge holdings on my trezor wallets and found my trezors froze the doge for 4 days.

So I am less happy with using the trezor for longer holds.

I have 0.01755 btc which is about 1053 usd held. I will hodl it till June or till coins get to 100k.

So coins are on coinbase and are safe.

I will then send to ck.

please let me know if

legendary
ck I have some coins for that.  let me look for them.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I just paid the server fees for another year.
Activity: 444
Merit: 15
The pool is now signalling taproot support and has its bitcoin daemon updated to 0.21.1. Mine on..

Appreciate all of your hard work and dedication to us!
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
The pool is now signalling taproot support and has its bitcoin daemon updated to 0.21.1. Mine on..
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I do have a question though. If one of my miners finds a block, will it need to stay online until my miner has "solved it" or "Submitted it" or something? Like if I actually found a block  and POOF my power went out, would I still get the reward? (with my luck that might actually happen). I have done some research on how BTC works but not enough or I have been looking in the wrong places. I would appreciate an answer to help calm my nerves. Thank you.
Nope, once solved the reward is on the blockchain and as good as being in your wallet. Your mining gear can go up in flames and disappear forever but your block reward is permanently etched into the blockchain.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Thanks, everyone! 1PiY here...

I've always watched this thread closely over the past 5 years and have always appreciated everyone's support and kindness for one another. Usually I just mine away in the shadows...

Keep mining, everyone, it AIN'T over yet!

And THANK YOU @ck for making this wild ride a possibility  Smiley
You're most welcome and congratulations. It takes serious balls to throw that much hashrate at solo mining and it paid off for you.

I have 2 questions. I am running a somewhat Dinky 70TH/s setup. Is it possible for the 10PH/s maniacs to literally steal a block from me? Also, I noticed whilst re-reading the intro "Unlike regular pools, ckpool never mines transaction-free blocks due to its ultra-scaleable code which has miners on both new blocks and transactions concurrently." and I was curious what the problems are which are associated with "Transaction-free blocks."

Thank you for at least the idea of a lottery pool. I guess I just want to be assured it truly is one.
No, there's no stealing of blocks. These days with blocks being only 6.25 BTC, transactions are a bigger part of the reward than ever, regularly constituting over 10% of the reward. Now that bitcoin is exceedingly popular, transaction counts increase and a block without transactions do not benefit the network at large, delaying transactions. There is also the risk of creating an invalid fork when building on transaction free blocks, which has happened in the past, invalidating all blocks built on that fork.

Thank you for answering my question(s). I revisited this forum because I have the third address (if cannot connect to other pools) set to solo.ckpool. Strangest thing has happened though. I only use this as the off chance while one of my miners is reconnecting to the main fpps pool I use, I manage to hit a block and open my wallet one day to find I wont be worrying about money for a long time. However, one of my miners has fixed onto the ckpool and wont get off of it (with disconnecting internet). I guess I will have a look into it and get it back on PaidPerShare until I am ready to commit 100% of my hashing power to lottery (when I feel I have enough money to buy a decent acerage of rural and raw property).

I do have a question though. If one of my miners finds a block, will it need to stay online until my miner has "solved it" or "Submitted it" or something? Like if I actually found a block  and POOF my power went out, would I still get the reward? (with my luck that might actually happen). I have done some research on how BTC works but not enough or I have been looking in the wrong places. I would appreciate an answer to help calm my nerves. Thank you.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I need help understanding what happened on my BFGminer. I'm experimenting with crypto and getting into ETH mining. But I have a usb block erupter i was toying with and trying to see if I can get it to script mine. But I left the bfg miner for ck pool running just for the hell of it and I ended up getting an accepted share which I have no idea what it is. My Efficiency reads at 12.66 and my Accepted share is at 1.

to be simple - a block erupter is an asic and can only mine SHA-256 so if you were trying to mine scrypt with it, there is no way you would have gotten a share on scrypt - someone correct me on that if I am wrong, but about 99.9% sure that I am not.

If you were mining sha-256 and got a share, then that would be expected - but if you were pointing it at ckpool, a share means nothing unless it exceeds the diff required to find a block --- you can have shares but not find any blocks, in other words.

There are USB ASIC Scrypt miners as well. Futurebit Moonlander does Scrypt. I've been toying with some USB miners to give as gifts to friends and family.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Bitcoin Core 0.21.1 has just been released with the signalling bit for taproot activation. It's a fairly optimistic release mechanism hoping for a supermajority of miners to activate taproot by 11 August 2021. I have no objection to taproot activation but have been holding off doing any changes to the bitcoin node running on the solo pool given its long term stability. However should taproot get activated, running a node without taproot support will risk creating blocks on an invalid chain. So at some stage in the next week I will be validating the latest bitcoin core node before updating it on the solo pool, so that the pool will also be signalling for taproot. That said, without mining any blocks we're not signalling anything, so it's just a precautionary step in advance. I'll put a notification in the near future when the node has been updated, but it will not cause an interruption to mining.

Mine on.
Activity: 14
I am making a bot for Telegram, which notifies every hour, the status of the work my miner is doing.

As you can see, it shows the hashrate of 1h, the shares, number of workers, as well as accepted and rejected messages, I'm with the part of the % percentage of rejected messages, also tells you the times that works more a miner than another, in the capture you see the U3 in value 0 because I have it in another site for some tests.

As soon as it is ready, I will upload it to my git to share it! Happy mining

https://fotos.subefotos.com/afcd2b9c1041b6e269f6e8eeba9a845fo.jpg

One doubt, as you see in the screenshot, I have 0.77% (.77%, I'm working on it... ) of rejected messages, of type:

"Rejected 22c4646464 Diff 7/5 BF1 x pool 0 (Stale)" and "Rejected 16f35d27 Diff 11/11 BF1 x pool 0 (Above target)".

What is the reason for these messages?
oh, and the Diff has been going down to /5, passing through /10000, /101, /23, /11...

Code:
Accepted 033f02a8 Diff 20.2K/10000 BF1 0 pool 0
Accepted 94239d52 Diff 113K/10000 BF1 1 pool 0
Rejected 024cad11 Diff 111/101 BF1 1 pool 0 (Above target)
Accepted 275c2d73 Diff 1.67K/101 BF1 0 pool 0
Rejected 91511666 Diff 451/101 BF1 1 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 0572fbd2 Diff 47/23 BF1 1 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 07ad97ee Diff 33/23 BF1 1 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 097a3ffc Diff 27/23 BF1 0 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 16f35d27 Diff 11/11 BF1 1 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 0ce931bd Diff 20/11 BF1 0 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 111a7482 Diff 15/11 BF1 0 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 0e4aebf2 Diff 18/11 BF1 1 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 104d21a9 Diff 16/11 BF1 0 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 1681f2f1 Diff 11/11 BF1 0 pool 0 (Stale)
Rejected 32514249 Diff 5/5 BF1 1 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 2b34d502 Diff 6/5 BF1 0 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 265a089f Diff 7/5 BF1 1 pool 0 (Above target)
Accepted 04303ecd Diff 214.6K/5 BF1 1 pool 0
Rejected 2c82db01 Diff 6/5 BF1 0 pool 0 (Above target)
Rejected 2d611398 Diff 6/5 BF1 1 pool 0 (Stale)
Rejected 188bd029 Diff 10/5 BF1 1 pool 0 (Stale)
Rejected 0603434d Diff 43/5 BF1 0 pool 0 (Stale)

BTC 1DCRu4pnnwtbUYRy1evVw7TzXGW8XMwMNc
Jump to: