Pages:
Author

Topic: -- Your Favorite Crypto-Coins - Mine, Buy and Pump -- - page 2. (Read 3925 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Nice thread. My advice is to hold all the altcoins you can get because in reality you can't be 100% sure which one will succeed. So i an going to be +1 with vlad2vlad on this one. Doesn't matter how much money a dev gets as an investment for promoting a coin or improving it. I think that the community has the biggest impact on a coin's future. As an example i think that the multipools that mine the most profitable coin are a bad thing because you just get spikes in hash rate in a particular coin and the other just drop and it takes forever to find a block. And the one that supposed to be profitable to mine is not that profitable because the high hash rate will adjust the diff to fast so you don't get that much coins.       
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
I know about BTCLTC, what is the other Chinese exchange? Thanks!

Perhaps it's the 796 Exchange in Hong Kong? It's been getting some good publicity over the last month or so:

https://796.com/reg

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-20/bitcoin-spawns-china-virtual-ipos-as-u-s-scrutiny-grows.html

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
Some cool rumors going around on cryptsy which I want my homies here to know about.

Apparently DGC has received $30,000 in funding for its coin and for its upcoming exchange Cryptoave.

It's investors have given Baritus 50 BTC with which to buy up DGC coins off the market to have a pool of coins for theme Cryptoave goes live in 2 months.

But there more.  Baritus has 2 other cons SecurityCoin and Argentus and the rumors are those two coins are basically feeding DGC, the focus is DGC.  Also, there's additional funding coming for DGC.

Put all this together and add to it a top notch crypto coin name, like DigitalCoin, which should have come out of my head, and you've got the perfect recipe for the next $3 coin.  

I'm going on record saying that within 12 months DGC will be $1-$3.  That's a massive spike from today's 2 cents ($.02).   So I would say accumulate this coins for the long run, as I have been doing and hold it even if it goes up 5-fold.  The real money will come next year, especially if that Bitcoin ETF license happens the way I've been predicting for the last 3 months.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Hold DGC and SRC, Copper Bars if you can get some

Dump pretty much all the rest

WDC (if the android wallet gets released) could be a keeper Smiley

I love DGC, I'm planning to buy more.  I have 30,000 coins so far.  But I'm also holding for long term ixCoin, DevCoin, ZET, Quark and a couple others.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

I don't know but I would like to know as well if anybody here knows. 
Activity: 380
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Hold DGC and SRC, Copper Bars if you can get some

Dump pretty much all the rest

WDC (if the android wallet gets released) could be a keeper Smiley
Activity: 140
on the second thought caps is hold.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
CryptoBuck  [BUK]  is currently being traded at 2 Chinese Exchanges.
With the help of the community, we would like to see this Trade on the
American side also.

Thank you to all of Hashing now and tomorrow, it is appreciated.

I'm gonna check this out.  I've been waiting for this coin to go live to accumulate some.  Thanks!
Activity: 161
CryptoBuck  [BUK]  is currently being traded at 2 Chinese Exchanges.
With the help of the community, we would like to see this Trade on the
American side also.

Thank you to all of Hashing now and tomorrow, it is appreciated.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Yeah I know, that is why this opportunity still exists.

The person who upgraded I0Coin to be the most advanced code of all the merged mined coins is currently looking at GeistGeld for the purpose of upgrading it similarly, and it seems reasonable that maybe once that one is upgraded they might be even more motivated to upgrade CoiLedCoin because of course they can mine both at once so by the time they have upgraded GeistGeld they should hopefully have also a stash of CoiLedCoin mined right alongside all the time that they were mining and fixing up GeistGeld.

Likely the high difficulty merged mined coins will be the last to be upgraded because they are ones the current upgrader is least able to mine due to their high difficulties. It might take a long time before someone has enough of them to figure upgrading them is worth doing. I0Coin was worth doing because one could mine lots of them so have a nice stake in their future success. Same with CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld. Unfortunately GRouPcoin got picked up by a major merged mining pool before it got upgraded so now its one of the high difficulty ones that might not be high on upgrade priority list.

(For practical reasons of RAM use, the ones with the fastest block times need upgrading soonest, slower block times means slower to reach crazy high RAM use that all merged coins are on their way to but at different speeds because they have different block-timing speeds.)

-MarkM-
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
The merged mined coins.

The blockchain security model is that the (THE, not "a") blockchain is secured by many times more hashing power than all the rest of the world all working together can muster, so the whole rest of the world all pout together cannot come close to having enough hashing power to attack it.

Even the chains merged alongside THE blockchain fall short of having as much hashing power as THE primary chain, bitcoin.

But compared to all the various toy blockchains, some of them have quite a bit of hashing power.

Hopefully that will grow.

The ones that look like really good deals right now to buy are I0Coin and GRouPcoin because they do not seem to be on exchanges yet so some people who have some might think they are not worth much.

The ones that look like really awesome deals are CoiLedCoin and GiestGeld, because they don't have the high difficulty that being merged by major pool(s) has recently given to I0Coin and GRouPcoin, so they are bargains for mining as well as for buying. Once large pools start mining them their difficulty will skyrocket, so for small miners this is a window of opportunity that might not last much longer, and then when they go onto exchanges people will start to think they might be worth something so might not sell them as cheaply as some who have some of them right now might be willing to.

-MarkM-

GG and CC are built on ancient code, provably exploitable to boot.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
The merged mined coins.

The blockchain security model is that the (THE, not "a") blockchain is secured by many times more hashing power than all the rest of the world all working together can muster, so the whole rest of the world all pout together cannot come close to having enough hashing power to attack it.

Even the chains merged alongside THE blockchain fall short of having as much hashing power as THE primary chain, bitcoin.

But compared to all the various toy blockchains, some of them have quite a bit of hashing power.

Hopefully that will grow.

The ones that look like really good deals right now to buy are I0Coin and GRouPcoin because they do not seem to be on exchanges yet so some people who have some might think they are not worth much.

The ones that look like really awesome deals are CoiLedCoin and GiestGeld, because they don't have the high difficulty that being merged by major pool(s) has recently given to I0Coin and GRouPcoin, so they are bargains for mining as well as for buying. Once large pools start mining them their difficulty will skyrocket, so for small miners this is a window of opportunity that might not last much longer, and then when they go onto exchanges people will start to think they might be worth something so might not sell them as cheaply as some who have some of them right now might be willing to.

-MarkM-
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Anybody here buying COL, ZET, ADT or ixCoin?

If so can you state how much you're trying to accumulate roughly and if its a trade position or a long term hold?

I'm accumulating ixCoin, DGC, ZET, Quark and a few others for long term positions which I will not sell until long after a Bitcoin ETF is launched. 

And then I'm accumulating positions in newer coins like COL, ADT and a few others with the intention of taking advantage of their volatility and trading these coins on a regular basis. 
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Oh, here's the latest links for i0Coin for anyone interested in that coin.

Quote from: Vlad2Vlad on September 10, 2013, 01:23:24 AM

Hi, Vlad2Vlad,

I'm the new I0coin maintainer. More info can be found at:

http://i0coin.snel.it/
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2870517
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anni0c-i0coin-hardfork-done-everybody-please-upgrade-to-at-least-083-2-276483

Greetings,

Rik.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Looks like i0Coin is back to life and this time apparently the problem which killed it 3 times has been fixed, it has the most up-to-date code upgrades.  It had to do with the fast timing of the coin which required much more ram which caused pools and miners to drop i0Coin thus bringing about  its premature demise.

But now that's Been fixed and i0Coin now needs half of 1 gig of ram as opposed to the previous 16 gigs and its actually much better than many other coins out there which need 8 gigs or memory.  So we should see a lot of coins copying the fixed code from i0Coin.

Now see, who would know something like this if it were not for this very valuable thread.  Lol

I got all this info from MarkM, I'm not yet computer literate.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
hold-cryptogenic bullions, namecoins, litecoins have been kind of tumbling lately for some reason
pump'n'dump-bbqcoin, pennies, caps
make fun of-goldcoin

I like that.

I make fun of FeatherCoin cause it costs as much as CGB and 12 times more than DGC while offering nothing special, innovative or rare.  FeatherCoin is probably the most overvalued coin out there.

I'm personally accumulating (and waiting on the Bitcoin ETF):  ixCoin, Devcoin, DigitalCoin, Quark and I trade a few other hyped coins.  My hope is to hold as many coins as possible when that Bitcoin ETF is announced csuee that's gonna be a game changer like nobody realizes right now.

It will push Bitcoin over $1,000 which will cause many alt coins to sky rocket.
ixcoin- I like the fact that it will be completely mined by 2015. There's also only going to be 21 million... seems undervalued.
Devcoin- its nice to see some altruism and all, but 90% is to steep. 10% would have been more reasonable.
Digitalcoin-meh
Quark-CPU mining is killing this coin and so far there is no need for what it has to offer (security) Maybe in the future.

But that's just my two satoshis.

Awesome, thanks for your input.  See, this is the kind of Gold I was hoping to get via this thread.  Everyone loves a few coins and as such those people will be experts in those particular coins and will also know little known facts about them. 

And as the coin list grows to my projected 300 in the next 8 months and then 3,000 the year after that its gonna be nearly impossible to get this kind of info without the help of a thread like this.

So let me ask you, why don't you like DGC?  It offers a lot of services and they're growing very nicely and the coin is popular and when you look at the price it's just way too cheap compared to other coins which offer so much less.  Thanks!
hold-cryptogenic bullions, namecoins, litecoins have been kind of tumbling lately for some reason
make fun of-goldcoin

I like that.

I make fun of FeatherCoin cause it costs as much as CGB and 12 times more than DGC while offering nothing special, innovative or rare.  FeatherCoin is probably the most overvalued coin out there.

I'm personally accumulating (and waiting on the Bitcoin ETF):  ixCoin, Devcoin, DigitalCoin, Quark and I trade a few other hyped coins.  My hope is to hold as many coins as possible when that Bitcoin ETF is announced csuee that's gonna be a game changer like nobody realizes right now.

ixcoin- I like the fact that it will be completely mined by 2015. There's also only going to be 21 million... seems undervalued.
Devcoin- its nice to see some altruism and all, but 90% is to steep. 10% would have been more reasonable.
Digitalcoin-meh
Quark-CPU mining is killing this coin and so far there is no need for what it has to offer (security) Maybe in the future.

But that's just my two satoshis.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
make fun of-goldcoin

I like that.

make fun of-goldcoin
Pages:
Jump to: