Pages:
Author

Topic: your mentality after a huge loss? - page 17. (Read 3821 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 04, 2018, 07:20:08 AM
The loss is a part of the game. You play and you must accept. Do not too worried or give up. Let learn from the fail and start again, if not, you can not take again what you have lost.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
January 04, 2018, 07:08:07 AM
What do you do after you suffer a huge loss?
If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?

I just hold for the long term and I just don't panic for the silly loses. It is not good to panic just for the loses.Hold them for some time and things may changed.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
January 04, 2018, 07:00:37 AM
I have rabbits. When I lose, I go to them and calm down. Then I start everything from the beginning, for me, the main thing is not to stop.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
January 04, 2018, 06:47:50 AM
Definitely had a few big loses. Just got to stay calm, we at a Snickers bar. And take a nap will prob be higher when you wake up.
Activity: 309
Merit: 251
Make Love Not War
January 04, 2018, 04:51:32 AM
At first dwell on it for we are just humans capable of feelings, but then afterwards study all the things that made you loss that scenario or situation. Now that emotions are lesser we can make more calculated risks and manage our trading proficiently. I will never ever stop striving to be a successful trader and a bounty hunter. Life as of the moment is very good, and let us share what we earn, for the more you share the more gain in the future.
Activity: 382
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy
January 04, 2018, 03:55:06 AM
What to do after a big or small loss is to stop trading and document every thought process and activities that led to that loss! Date the loss event and analyze it thoroughly so that you can learn what not to do next time you are trading! You can also use ALGORY.IO trading tools to assist you in your trade!
Exactly, there is always that thing about documentation when it comes to trading, because every little thing and decision to either winning or failing in a trade matters and it is usually good to go back into checking most of these things to know better what to always do during a trade in the future.

Usually for a naive trader, there is usually no way one may not experience this huge loss, but over time, when one learn from experience, it would be hard to experience such a thing again.

As human as we are, it is very hard not to be affected or disappointed after a huge loss. However, in this kind of business or job wherein risk is your companion every trading that you will take then you just have to be positive and learn from your mistake. Evaluate where could be the loophole of your decision and work it out to avoid from the same mistake again.
Writing down the past experience using that for your future is a very good tactic of playing safe. I think all the traders should try this at least for once but again the point is no one can learn trading without making mistakes. This is the reality of trading world. Also I think it is the novices that are Most vulnerable to big loss because they lack in experience and patience required for survival.
Activity: 252
Merit: 102
January 04, 2018, 03:25:39 AM
I'm a swing trader so if there will be a huge loss to the coins I'm holding, I will just have to wait when is the best time to sell it or maybe set a stop loss point to sell those coins. Just like what professional traders in mind, always buy the dip. My answer is yes, I will definitely rebuy the coins or buy another coins when price is dip. That will cut your losses and will profit from it for sure but not that big as your target since you came from loss profit.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
January 04, 2018, 03:24:20 AM
I have great hope for virtual currency, so I am not afraid, I hope you too!
We all know that trading is very risky and part of doing trading is to have or to experience a huge loss, and my mentally after a huge loss is to bounce back and to be more wiser and to became more expert in trading so i can make even more money, and after a huge loss my mentally is to be more great.
Yeah that is what we should think of after losing. We must realize as soon as we can that not all tradings succeed and we must accept that it is for a fact that we as traders will suffer losses. Doing trading is not easy especially if you are aiming to earn the highest profit but based on my experience sometimes we will be force to even sell at low price especially if that is a time when there is a need for money. We might even suffer the worst which is not earning a profit at all and we cannot avoid it, what we should do is move on and then be wiser on the next trading we will do.

Don’t take me wrong but drinking is not the solution. Don’t you think it would be better if you plan to recover your loss instead of wasting more money buying drinks? Also it shows that You get pretty much stressed out under such sort of situations but my friend Failure is a part of everyone's life. There is no need to forget those moments which make us. This is how humans learn and evolve.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 04, 2018, 02:36:48 AM
If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?
I personally suffer huge losses I will keep trading but with small amount, the rest I will do on business in the real world.
Activity: 96
January 04, 2018, 02:35:06 AM

Yes I would try again.Trading involves risk. Not only trading life has many risks. If you are not comfortable risking then you don't deserve the success.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
January 04, 2018, 02:12:22 AM
frankly speaking...my mentality after a huge loss is discouragement,quitting and devastated but after a few days i realized that how can i get back what i have lost if i will quit? nothing..so get up and started to search..read..studied then started all over again but with knowledge already on how to be a trader
Activity: 210
Merit: 117
January 03, 2018, 08:57:21 PM
Life must go on everybody are experiencing a loss and after that a huge loss theres always for moving on.Learning from our mistakes is based on our experience and we can be a better trader on that mistakes.Our mentality can be bad but after that we neee to control our emotions on our big losse.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
January 03, 2018, 05:35:45 PM

this is the life earn and loss. it is bad to loss but you must learn how to control your self.
my mentality after a huge loss will be bad so that i listen slowly music
Activity: 93
January 03, 2018, 05:32:40 PM
If I did not need to trade to hope to earn a lot of money clearly I would not inflict this pain, the speculation is hard mentally, as much in success as failure
Activity: 115
January 03, 2018, 05:09:44 PM
I will cry loudly....haha. just kidding... I will have to find out my mistakes and the way to correct it in the next time. Learning from mistake is the most important lesson you have to study when trading
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 03, 2018, 04:33:51 PM
I took a huge loss and went into debt when trading hurricane stocks back when ECCI and BUGS was popular. It took me more then 10 years to get out of debt, but it never stopped me from investing again. Lesson learned, don't fall in love with a stock/coin and never go all in on a single ticker no matter how sure you are about the outcome.

All I know is, the alt 2018 will be the year of the alt coin boom. Normally, I only day trade, but there are 5 alts that i'm staying in for the long haul. This will be an amazing year cryptos. Good luck to all.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
January 03, 2018, 03:52:30 PM
loss and profit is a natural thing for traders, I will keep trying although I have experienced failures and losses.

Good mentality which these loss are just normal here on trading world because we do know that market is really very unpredictable anytime which we dont even know on where it would go this is why we are really prone to commit mistakes but it doesnt mean that we would lose hope and stop once we do commit loss.I know its hard  because emotions would really set in but these things are just temporary since we can able to avoid or lessen it next time as long we do make learnings on those mistakes.
Activity: 214
January 03, 2018, 03:23:01 PM
loss and profit is a natural thing for traders, I will keep trying although I have experienced failures and losses.
Activity: 54
Merit: 29
January 03, 2018, 01:57:51 PM
Personally I lost most of what I had invested during the dao hack . I responded pretty poorly by feeling very bad about it, since i was using margin longs. Also because that ether now would have been worth a lot Smiley

I did not get back into crypto until end of November cause I just felt so turned off by the whole thing cause I got my fingers burned by the ether/dao.

But i have learned from that experience, yes I did miss out on getting back in on investing from mid 2016, but I am now just looking at interesting coins, looking to hold for the long term until targets are hit, and avoiding day trading and margins completely.

So all in all, best you can do is see it as a mistake, learn from it, and adjust your investing strategy to avoid future losses.

Also I think most mainstream investors are not used to the high volatility of crypto, as long as you are not margin trading there is no harm in holding onto the coin, it might just go back up a day, or week later. You only make a loss if you sell.

Also try to avoid chasing coins, most of the time you will just catch the peak and end up putting yourself in a position if you sell at a loss or baghold. Try to research projects you like and hold.

Activity: 140
0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF
January 03, 2018, 12:29:59 PM
The time you make a loss is not the best time to take another try because emotion will definitely set in and if care is not taken, you might end up in another string of losses.
What i will recommend is for you to take a deep breadth, stay away. Restrategize and then try again later.
Hopefully with a better strategy. Always learn from your past experiences.
Pages:
Jump to: