Pages:
Author

Topic: Your police reports needed. Patrick Strateman - Buddy wants his Bitcoins. - page 2. (Read 11213 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Help me save Buddy!
Checking in again to say the first message in this thread has been updated, now would be a good time to file police reports in your own country or state (don't worry Brits... You can do it by post or email).

Get a copy, get a crime number or other reference and a contact name at your police station. Save these. You will need them in a month.

Help me save Buddy!
Just checking in to say things are moving along.

Hope we can get Taaki arrested too.

Activity: 313
Merit: 250
I have to say the same. I had some bitcoins in my intersango account and recently withdrew them without any issue.

For how long did you wait? And how recent you asked for an withdraw?

Waited 3-4 days, it was beginning of December.

Interesting. All complaints on https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4508190 are around early January...
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
I have to say the same. I had some bitcoins in my intersango account and recently withdrew them without any issue.

For how long did you wait? And how recent you asked for an withdraw?

Waited 3-4 days, it was beginning of December.
Help me save Buddy!
You have had a response within the past month?

I am still locked out of my account. Have been since October. The police are dealing with it and my dog sleeps all day.

It would appear his mother is up to her ears in this.
 and then there are lots of tiny forced transactions such as the guy who told me he had to smuggle his balance out 'one bitcoin at a time'!

So the hot wallet used to be used for 1-coin withdraw? That's not the case now. Right now hotwallet is used if you withdraw 0.01BTC. That means you need to smuggle 5200 times for your 52 coins - not practical.  (Edit: 2 day after my post, even 0.01 can't be smuggled. I hope it is not because of my post.)

I think hot-wallet is intended for paying your meals directly from intersango accounts - a common need for those who don't have his/her own wallet software installed in his mobile phone - and he/designers of intersango intends that non-trivial withdraws by hot-wallet being impractical. (Edit: now it's not possible to use hotwallet even for 0.01BTC, so, hotwellet isn't for paying meals to the waiter as I thought it was for. It is perhaps invented for their need (instead of for the customers'), to save staff's time, or if there is no staff, CEO's time.)

You may think writing a software to do the smuggling but that hole is blocked: api allows minimum 0.1 withdraw hence not through hot wallet.

(Edit: Did a google search. Seems no one has reported having communicated with anyone from Intersango for a month. The last time I got response from a support ticket was 27th Dec - more then 3 weeks ago. Personal email unanswered. Did they/he cease communicating with customers?)

Strateman collects examples of Intersango vulnerabilities and fails to fix them, firehoses 511 bitcoins at random strangers and hangs about in his rivals' support channels on irc presumably looking for vulnerabilities

"firehose" as verb is unusal to us who do not live in the U.S. and dictionaries couldn't help. It seems a local slang. I assume you meant that he gives 511 bitcoins randomly to strangers, whic along isn't something to be accused of if it is his money. Perhaps there are background story tersely omitted?

(Edit: ----------------
A google search showed that Intersango initially opensourced their trade platform software. So there perhaps was a time when it was good and had the interest of the public in their mind. Some people in this thread commented positively seems to know more than what they already said (while the bad comments has said theirs all), please kindly share some information with the people. Intersang has been stranger and stranger. What should customers, who still didn't abandon it after all last years' mischances and bad news, do with their balance, now?

Records shows they/he did read discussion about them in bitcointalk.org, at least before July 2013. It is perhaps a bad idea to ask my quesiton here, because if it is true that Intersango people are emotional, they/he would consider everyone who posted in this thread mean to increase his/theirs image as dog killer, and, in his/their personal feeling, fail to act professionally. I suggest if your post is not intended only to accuse or press Intersango, then kindly follow a new thread I opened:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/intersango-bitcoin-withdraw-not-possible-no-fiat-involved-414764

For how long did you wait? And how recent you asked for an withdraw? My last successful withdraw was made on 02 June 2013, and that was a fast one. This one made about 10 days ago was still waiting, and support request I waited for reply for a few days too. MtGox's cash withdraw actually takes much longer, but MtGox is fast in replying support tickets. I know compare cash withdraw with bitcoin withdraw is a bit unfair, bitcoin withdraws are usually expected to be faster.

I often heard passionate discussion of not being able to withdraw, from this and that service provider, but the posters don't often come back to explain if he get the withdraw after a longer wait (not referring to this very thread). It is a good community service to just tell people how long does it take for the withdraw to finish, or even if the poster didn't get the withdraw finished in many month, he perhaps can still tell us once a month that he still didn't get it.

I posted the same response in another thread... I have been an Intersango customer for several years.

Intersango may be slow to respond (it's one guy, involved in many projects and is also a bitcoin dev), but I have never seen any evidence of them being insolvent or misusing customer funds, etc.

You mentioned Intersango is run by one person and he is also a dev, are you referring to Patrick Strateman and do you mean that he is a developer too? I know this subject has his name in the title but many other names of Intersango appeared during discussion too.
Activity: 164
I posted the same response in another thread... I have been an Intersango customer for several years.

Intersango may be slow to respond (it's one guy, involved in many projects and is also a bitcoin dev), but I have never seen any evidence of them being insolvent or misusing customer funds, etc.

Help me save Buddy!
Amir, nice to see you. Now don't you have access to a backup database of Intersango if anything happens to your friend Patrick?

Does insanity count?

And Patrick is SO like that. The pair of you are. You think we don't know where the 'crowd-funding' is coming from for your new ventures next year?

Strateman stole my bitcoins, you helped him. You are keeping your head down and protecting Strateman because you don't yet have your payout. But there isn't going to be any payout. After they've done with him, the Americans will be requesting your presence next.

If I were you, I'd hand over my bitcoins then I'd run and hide down a deep dark hole knowing I can find you anyway. If I could find Norman hiding out in Vienna and Belgrade I can find you, and if you think that doesn't include East London squats, dude, I've gigged in most of them.

Right now, all you've got is Special Branch up your ass you dog murdering bastard. It is going to get so very very much worse, after extradition.

Dank, he is hanging in there, now the other dog has had an embolism and the oxygen starvation has killed off a lot of his spinal cord, between sorting that out and dealing with the police here, I have my hands full! The police thing is almost on autopilot now, but the medical stuff is what is taking up my time. It is probably best if I don't post much about what is going on anyway, for legal reasons, but everyone who has had their coins stolen can rest assured I'm on it, and won't be off it again until an optimal solution has been obtained.

What I am wondering - no reason but medical curiosity really, is how psychopaths find each other like this to collaborate in their evil schemes. Is there a club where they get together? Some secret handshake? Most of the serious villains I've known have simply grown up in the family business, but Strateman, Norman and Taaki?? What unholy alignment of planets gathered those three under the same roof/IRC channel at the same time?

Kiddy fiddlers have forums and websites and before that, underground printed mail-shots. How did these three each know, upon meeting, they had met another psychopath?

And yes Amir, you are a psychopath. The most classic of the three. The charm is studied. It is an important part of the act. Keep it up honeypie, it'll help no end where you're going.

So will the KY I'll send you.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
How's mr. healthydog buddy doin? Smiley
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Sorry about your dog. I'm powerless to help here. If it's any consolation, I spent this summer going through a lot of hardship like cold and sickness due to lack of money. Patrick has no reason to steal and he's not like that.
lies
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
Sorry about your dog. I'm powerless to help here. If it's any consolation, I spent this summer going through a lot of hardship like cold and sickness due to lack of money. Patrick has no reason to steal and he's not like that.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Yeah, Amir is the most likeable person I'm ever going to have arrested

The idiots tend to be likeable until they make you head desk.
Help me save Buddy!
Sorry to hear of your loss ob BTC and illness of your cute little dog.
I thought more of Amir, more then being a greedy thief anyway.  All the best with you efforts to get you coins back.

Well, my bitcoins will be back.

Yeah, Amir is the most likeable person I'm ever going to have arrested. I mean, I read what he says and I think 'right on man!' Then I remember what his refusal to stand up to Strateman is costing one little dog.

That is the problem with popular, highly sociable people. No quality control.
Activity: 70
Sorry to hear of your loss ob BTC and illness of your cute little dog.
I thought more of Amir, more then being a greedy thief anyway.  All the best with you efforts to get you coins back.
Help me save Buddy!
Guys and girls,

I'm doing everything I can think of here, asking him, telling him, contacting his colleagues, relatives, his lawyer, and asking them too. The FBI, and talking to the police again today.

A policewoman yesterday said "you need to throw his ass in jail, girl!" That was encouraging Smiley

Yet I might not have thought of everything, and I don't have much time to get this done.

I am thinking of putting a bounty on the safe return of my bitcoins to a wallet address I specify. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

My advice:  Try to avoid becoming collateral damage in tussles between the guy and his potentially numerous adversaries as the years roll on.  Or worse yet, a patsy.

Oh I see what you mean. I'm not advocating violence of course, but someone owed their share of that missing $50,000,000 might decide to take a little direct action of their own and not be too diplomatic about it. I don't want to be getting the blame for that, so the bounty is off. Which is a shame, because if someone had been able to politely persuade him to hand back what isn't his, and save a young dog, they would have earned it.

Which leads us back to jail time. Perhaps, if he hands over a few passwords, he'll get less of it? Mitigating behavior is taken into account in sentencing I think. Or it is where I come from and our two systems are similar. A forfeiture order would do it as well, but then of course he would be sat in jail for who knows how long on contempt of court before handing over the passwords. Quite a pickle :/

It takes so long! If Buddy is even alive by then his heart will be so damaged the operation will be pointless.

I wonder how fast this could come to trial? I'll ask the fraud guy from the police.
Help me save Buddy!
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
Guys and girls,

I'm doing everything I can think of here, asking him, telling him, contacting his colleagues, relatives, his lawyer, and asking them too. The FBI, and talking to the police again today.

A policewoman yesterday said "you need to throw his ass in jail, girl!" That was encouraging Smiley

Yet I might not have thought of everything, and I don't have much time to get this done.

I am thinking of putting a bounty on the safe return of my bitcoins to a wallet address I specify. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

My advice:  Try to avoid becoming collateral damage in tussles between the guy and his potentially numerous adversaries as the years roll on.  Or worse yet, a patsy.

Activity: 168
Guys and girls,

Some thoughts.
Stop posting and just deal with your shit, we dont care.
Help me save Buddy!
Guys and girls,

Pages:
Jump to: