Pages:
Author

Topic: Your police reports needed. Patrick Strateman - Buddy wants his Bitcoins. - page 3. (Read 11213 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Help me save Buddy!
Help me save Buddy!
Looks to me like the guy is just more comfortable maintaining control of other people's BTC rather than giving the control up to either the rightful owner or anyone else.  I guess he just wants to keep them safe and protected.  I mean even a rightful owner can make mistakes and lose control of their own BTC and that would be bad.  Strateman is a knowledgeable and skilled security professional so it probably makes more sense that he retains control of things.  In his mind.

Haha! I see where you are going with this.

Hey, Strateman said somewhere that 'if something happened to him' a couple of other people had access to the wallet backup, or something like that. Might have been talking about Bitcoinica.

Does 'something' include going bonkers?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
Something has happened. Something he can't talk about. If he hasn't pinched the coins there's an Unknown Unknown going on.

Looks to me like the guy is just more comfortable maintaining control of other people's BTC rather than giving the control up to either the rightful owner or anyone else.  I guess he just wants to keep them safe and protected.  I mean even a rightful owner can make mistakes and lose control of their own BTC and that would be bad.  Strateman is a knowledgeable and skilled security professional so it probably makes more sense that he retains control of things.  In his mind.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
Beautiful man, that's how the law of attraction works.
icicle just believe in a thought/incident that you want to happen with so much faith that you can imagine and video of it happening in your mind. (You get me right?)

Your pet is absolutely fit I saw the video, you better believe that too, and take him out for long walks twice a day, especially early in the morning.

Walks? Ajax.. The little so-an-so escaped for the 15th time at Halloween! The whole family is getting fitter with these 'walks' -or as I prefer to think of them 'forced marches' - around the neighborhood Smiley

One time it was 6 am in the middle of the sort of thunderstorm you only see in Georgia. I was barefoot, half-dressed, soaked and freezing and everyone else had given up and gone home while I'm still tracking him through woods and shit with critters in it I've never even seen before, and snakes, then through every back yard (way for the crazy English lady to meet her neighbors for the first time) while Herbert was having quite the adventure.

Those days are over before I'm the one dropping dead of heart failure. He has an electronic tracker now.

Well make that a habit and take him out for long walks twice a day if you want him to live happier and longer. I suspect heart blockage might be due to less physical activity of Buddy.  
Also you should learn "Reiki" from a local practitioner and heal him with it by touching him with your hands half to one hour daily.

Help me save Buddy!
icicle just believe in a thought/incident that you want to happen with so much faith that you can imagine and video of it happening in your mind. (You get me right?)

Your pet is absolutely fit I saw the video, you better believe that too, and take him out for long walks twice a day, especially early in the morning.

Walks? Ajax.. The little so-an-so escaped for the 15th time at Halloween! The whole family is getting fitter with these 'walks' -or as I prefer to think of them 'forced marches' - around the neighborhood Smiley

One time it was 6 am in the middle of the sort of thunderstorm you only see in Georgia. I was barefoot, half-dressed, soaked and freezing and everyone else had given up and gone home while I'm still tracking him through woods and shit with critters in it I've never even seen before, and snakes, then through every back yard (way for the crazy English lady to meet her neighbors for the first time) while Herbert (his Bad Dog name) was having quite the adventure.

You should see this dog move. He flies!

Those days are over though before I'm the one dropping dead of heart failure. He has an electronic tracker now. You creep up, grab him, job done and back to bed.

Help me save Buddy!
How's the dog? Does he have much time left?
This thread breaks my heart but you can't count on the empathy of criminals.

I'm not convinced that that is what is happening here.  This thread has had a creepy and weird feeling to me from the get-go.  I'd be uncomfortable generally to have stolen anything from anybody, but especially so in Bitcoin-land, and even more so in the various instances of loss that the Bitcoin Consultancy guys have been involved in.

TV, I think, what you are sensing here is my own sense of disbelief too. I don't even believe it and I am 49 years old and seen some very strange things in my time. I'm the one it happened to and I wake up with that creepy feeling. Also I'm changing my mind. I thought it was control-freakery behind this, but now I'm tending towards my bitcoins having been stolen long before I tried to retrieve them. He hasn't said anything because what can he say?

He didn't expect an English woman who bought coins in 2011 to try getting them back all of a sudden in 2013? Maybe that's it. He didn't think they would be missed. That's my current best guess. He has a dog himself and refuses to travel abroad because of it.

Now I know psychopaths can display a mawkish sentimentality towards kittens etc. that fills the gap where real empathy should be, but still. A dog lover who won't leave his own dog but will kill mine? Something is wrong with this picture, I quite agree.

Something has happened. Something he can't talk about. If he hasn't pinched the coins there's an Unknown Unknown going on.

Strateman, if there is something I need to know and you can't tell me - there are email services that send self-destructing read-once emails. Whatever you want to tell me will never be told to another living soul and if I think the reason is plausible and a good one, this thread will vanish. You may also send such a communication via a third party.

Tulak,

Buddy looks fine to me again. He is sleeping at my feet right now.

[Anyone doing healing visualizations on Buddy, skip the rest of this message!]

The vet gave him pills to slow his heart and I monitor his heartrate a few times a day. It is getting worn out though and it is already human-sized.

Imagine a circle of garden hose with a pump circulating the water. Now imagine someone treads on the hose just as it exits the pump. It is a strain on the pump and there is variously too much and too little water in different places. You can reduce the pressure using vasodilators (increasing the diameters of the pipe away from the pump) but these can lead to a sudden fatal drop in volume at the pump itself. It needs the water as there is fuel in it.

The drugs will extend his lifespan, by slowing the pump, but the lack of flow and increased pressure on the chambers in his heart cause enlargement. Enlargement means you can pump more volume, but after a while the elasticity of the cells is lost due to the constant strain they have been under for months and months so that contractions are weaker. This is the change from 'compensated' to 'decompensated' heart failure. It is the decompensated (inelastic) stage that kills. I should imagine you can detect decompensation via comparing systolic and diastolic pressure readings, but I haven't had the vet do that yet as there isn't anything we can do about it anyway except get him an angioplasty.

I don't know how much time he has left. These dogs simply keel over dead unexpectedly. Untreated, by age two I think. Sometimes you can revive them, sometimes not. He has been revived once.  I do know if the operation is to be performed, it should be done before he is two years old and he is about at two years now. I think if it is not performed, the accumulated damage renders it pointless anyway. I have heard of these dogs living several years on medication and the world record holder (so far as I know of) lived five years longer than other dogs, but Buddy has such a severe constriction you can take his heart-rate just by sitting next to him, it is so loud, and sounds like a washing machine. It is a grade six murmur. The scale doesn't go any higher.

He is a lively little thing though. In fact, I am going to go hunt for some doggy tranquilizers. It should give him extra time.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
icicle, this must be tough, but if all hope is lost in getting your bitcoins back, there is still hope.

I don't know what you're opinion is on this, but I'll tell you because I believe it.  My neighbors dog, Sam, had cancer and was scheduled to die within the next couple weeks.  I refused to accept that as the truth and instead believed to myself and to Sam that he was a healthy dog with no sickness.  Whenever I saw him I would envision Sam as a healthy dog, when I played guitar I would repeat lines about Sam being healthy.  I even had a dream I was petting him.  Shortly after, I hear his cancer has gone away and he's still with us to this day.

I'm not trying to guarantee or set expectations, but I want you to know it is possible he will be okay if you, I and everyone else views him as a healthy dog.  I will pray for him and send him my love, believing he is healthy.

If all else fails, one option is faith healing and it's more viable of an option than one would believe.

I hope your heart is open to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-J7cnUV28Q

Does buddy have a last name I can include in my meditation?

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

I'm not convinced that that is what is happening here.  This thread has had a creepy and weird feeling to me from the get-go.  I'd be uncomfortable generally to have stolen anything from anybody, but especially so in Bitcoin-land, and even more so in the various instances of loss that the Bitcoin Consultancy guys have been involved in.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Help me save Buddy!
It is a question of efficient use of energy. Our ducks need to be in a row first.

Imagine each of the victims has 10% of the evidence, and like good little citizens they go to the nearest Mr Policeman and tell him.

Result? Nothing. The energy is too scattered.

Yet, between us, we likely have all the evidence necessary to get him and his accomplices put away for a long time. It is a question of collecting it all and collating it.

A little extra effort at the start, a little focus, plus a little follow-through, and I think you will be surprised what can be achieved.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
For god's sake people. Just call the police. If you are in the states, the FBI Computer crimes division, the UK has something of the same sort. They would love another example of bitcoin not being above the law. So give them a great opportunity to be useful.
Help me save Buddy!

Won't hand over the passwords except as part of 'settlement negotiations' instead?

Huh?

He wants to be paid for handing over the passwords to other people's missing money? Money wot isn't his.

Money wot isn't the liquidator's either, at $11 per bitcoin :/

Why on earth not just have him arrested for theft, have everything seized, put in a claim for your actual property. Actual bitcoins. Sue him later.

Cheaper for everyone, seeing as the state prosecutes - and now he's pinched my bitcoins as well - not as hard to prove as it once might have been.

Let's see if he want to open 'settlement negotiations' with a judge who can throw his ass in jail for obstructing seizure.

Eleven dollars a bitcoin. No wonder there was no great enthusiasm to throw good money after bad.
Help me save Buddy!
More hugs for Buddy?? Thank you!! xxx

I told my eldest daughter (11) what was going on yesterday. She has several ideas on what to do. All of them illegal and most of them painful, although I must say they would result in our bitcoins being returned to us.

In this instance it does seem better to me to go after Strateman, as he is the one I have the bulk of the evidence on, and although there is now a police report on both Taaki and Strateman in the UK I doubt if much will happen to Taaki until he is wanted by the US. That should come in time, but frankly I'm thinking the main reason people want to see all three banged up is they have given up on getting their bitcoins back!

Youngsters! Just can't take the pace...!

I have not given up. Not for me, not for everyone else. I find things. I am very good at finding things. Right now I am on the hunt for an equitable solution. 2000 years of western civilization. The solution should be there somewhere.

Patrick is a smart cookie. I wonder if he has any ideas?

Quote from: 'Phantomcircuit'
If anybody decides to file a criminal complaint you can effectively guarantee that it will be months or even years beore anybody sees their funds

Hahahaha! Really not keen on that, is he? 'Let me go free or I'll keep the bitcoins'. Well, you did and you still don't have your bitcoins and all I see for the Bitcoinicaz, on the far far distant horizon, is a payout of $11 per bitcoin on whatever is left after the Cartmell case.

Unacceptable.

Certainly when, in California, the state can prosecute at its own expense and then during asset seizure - which includes the profits of criminal activity as well as any property stolen - we each put in a claim for the return of our bitcoins. The state, or the federal authorities I presume (when they see how much there is to be seized) can keep whatever is unclaimed.

So I am pursuing criminal charges, and there is paperwork to be done - don't expect much action for a couple of weeks, but once there is an arrest related to Intersango, I should think further evidence from the Bitcoinica customers could be added in to the complaint.

I don't know what I'm going to do about justice for Buddy. I don't want compensation if it is from stolen funds :/ and I wake up every morning feeling sick as it is - then I remember the guy or girl who had 24 thousand bitcoins stolen. It doesn't make me feel any better, but it makes me feel less alone.

Ah. I know what to do!

If Strateman is locked up at some point in the future and we all get our bitcoins back, I would ask that everyone donate a bitcoin or two to their local dog shelter, in memory of a happy little dog called Buddy, and the girl who once loved him.

Quote from: Atruk
I wonder if there will be a Bitcoin hell for these sorts.

Same hell they all go to. Called 'watching someone else spend the ill-gotten you thought you'd made away with' Smiley

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Please pet Buddy for me. He looks like a nice puppy Cry

I just did, and told him it was from you!

I was wondering... There is a certain amount of evidence ('Steve_bobs' anyone?) to suggest not every hack that obscured the disaster that was the takeover of Bitcoinica was legit.

The Bitcoin Consultancy's refusal to call in the police would presumably indicate the police would find something Strateman didn't want them to find. Zhou's 'playing the forum like a fiddle' would indicate he already knew Intersango were not going to call the police. Plus Strateman hates Zhou, and with a passion.

Strateman collects examples of Intersango vulnerabilities and fails to fix them, firehoses 511 bitcoins at random strangers and then there are lots of tiny forced transactions such as the guy who told me he had to smuggle his balance out 'one bitcoin at a time'. Some algo is being gamed, or obscured there.

And then, there is no business model, .

I'm thinking the plan all along was to rob Bitcoinica, but Zhou got there first and maybe even caught someone in the act and did a deal with them.

That all sounds a bit fanciful to me, but it does make sense of the little oddities here and there. It also opens up a brand new option for the Bitcoinica victims. All of them, not just the ones who can afford to sue, and at better than $11 per bitcoin.

A criminal prosecution against Strateman for Grand Theft, with a request for asset forfeiture, then everyone has a 30 day window to put in claims in for the return of their actual bitcoins.

Honestly though Strateman is probably your target number one now, it is probably best to consider all of the Intersango failure crew together as responsible.

I wonder if there will be a Bitcoin hell for these sorts.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
Pet buddy for me too, if you would. Smiley

Send him the good vibes.

I will be meditating for Buddy throughout the next week or so, I hope you can do the same (OP, anybody).  Just believe he is a healthy dog.
Help me save Buddy!

I just did, and told him it was from you!

I was wondering... There is a certain amount of evidence ('Steve_bobs' anyone?) to suggest not every hack that obscured the disaster that was the takeover of Bitcoinica was legit.

The Bitcoin Consultancy's refusal to call in the police would presumably indicate the police would find something Strateman didn't want them to find. Zhou's 'playing the forum like a fiddle' would indicate he already knew Intersango were not going to call the police. Plus Strateman hates Zhou, and with a passion.

Strateman collects examples of Intersango vulnerabilities and fails to fix them, firehoses 511 bitcoins at random strangers and hangs about in his rivals' support channels on irc presumably looking for vulnerabilities -  and then there are lots of tiny forced transactions such as the guy who told me he had to smuggle his balance out 'one bitcoin at a time'!

And then, there is no business model, .

I'm thinking the plan all along was to rob Bitcoinica, but Zhou got there first and maybe even caught someone in the act and did a deal with them?

That all sounds a bit fanciful to me, but it does make sense of the little oddities here and there. It also opens up a brand new option for the Bitcoinica victims. All of them, not just the ones who can afford to sue, and at better than $11 per bitcoin.

A criminal prosecution against Strateman for Grand Theft, with a request for asset forfeiture, then everyone has a 30 day window to put in claims in for the return of their actual bitcoins.

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Help me save Buddy!
Hey, Dank, what a lovely message!

What can I say? I have seen some strange things in my time, and done plenty of them, though not, as I recall, this type of healing. I find I cannot control the visualization nor summon the subtlety required for tinkering on what I would assume is the quantum level?

So yes, certainly open to assistance from anyone who can provide it, and thank you! xxx

And I shall be getting my bitcoins. I see that as clearly as you can see a healthy dog. How hard people want to make it on themselves is between them and their Karma >Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
icicle, this must be tough, but if all hope is lost in getting your bitcoins back, there is still hope.

I don't know what you're opinion is on this, but I'll tell you because I believe it.  My neighbors dog, Sam, had cancer and was scheduled to die within the next couple weeks.  I refused to accept that as the truth and instead believed to myself and to Sam that he was a healthy dog with no sickness.  Whenever I saw him I would envision Sam as a healthy dog, when I played guitar I would repeat lines about Sam being healthy.  I even had a dream I was petting him.  Shortly after, I hear his cancer has gone away and he's still with us to this day.

I'm not trying to guarantee or set expectations, but I want you to know it is possible he will be okay if you, I and everyone else views him as a healthy dog.  I will pray for him and send him my love, believing he is healthy.

If all else fails, one option is faith healing and it's more viable of an option than one would believe.

I hope your heart is open to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-J7cnUV28Q

Does buddy have a last name I can include in my meditation?
Help me save Buddy!
And now he's closed my support ticket. Still hasn't logged me in, but managed to take time out of his busy day to close my support ticket.

I guess he feels at this stage he has nothing to lose.

I dunno about that. I haven't lived in the US long, but I get the feeling a judge looks on a thief one way and a thief who is also a dog murdering bastard another.

No wonder Amir and Donald are going bonkers. 'Oh he's such a nice guy really' 'Oh he would never do that!'

Well he is doing that, isn't he? He also turned you both into fugitives.

Pages:
Jump to: