Pages:
Author

Topic: Your worst experience with bitcoin - page 2. (Read 2182 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
July 09, 2016, 06:26:36 AM
i don't have any bad experience with bitcoin at all, every experience of mine is good experience. i maybe not so happy about some small things like some rare occasion's confirmation time but they never cause a bad experience with bitcoin, and all other bad experience with losing bitcoin, etc like in gambling are not bitcoin related and are my own fault.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
July 09, 2016, 04:43:33 AM
confirmation and wrong address is the worst experience ive ever experienced in bitcoin
the first time i withdraw my bitcoin i waited for over 3 hours for 1 confirmation but that was
when i was still a newbie and didn't know about having higher fees will be prioritize, the second was when
i accidentally put a wrong letter on my address and lost 15 mbtc at that time i was copying my manually
im not sure why i didn't. other than that nothing and it also worries me that when miners quits because of
unprofitable mining bitcoin will eventually die and that worries me.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
July 09, 2016, 04:34:15 AM
the first time i tried to synchronize the standard btc-client took me ages, it was a very old pc and it was a really chewy experience.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
July 09, 2016, 04:06:33 AM
Nothing seems to be a worst experience with bitcoin. I've seen most users describing the slow transaction at times as a bad experience, but such situations had never happened to me.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
July 09, 2016, 04:00:39 AM
I don't think I've ever had any really bad experience with Bitcoin but if I had to pick an instance when I was annoyed it would be that one time when I was expecting an urgent Bitcoin deposit to clear. I guess I was just out of luck, even though I paid the transaction fee and everything I ended up having to wait for nearly 1 hour. Everything worked out okay in the end but this is definitely something to take into consideration before engaging in time-sensitive transactions.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
July 09, 2016, 01:10:02 AM
My worst experience with bitcoin is when i tried first time on gambling with my bitcoin and i lost all my bet.
I'm never forget that experience , but i have learned something "just gamble you can afford to lose and don't be greedy"
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
July 08, 2016, 11:19:50 PM
my worst experience in bitcoin is i try gambling and i get addicted and all of my bitcoins has gone , now im working hard to get my bitcoins back and joined this signature campaign to earn little money.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
July 08, 2016, 09:45:20 PM
To those that would read this thread, notice a theme: the majority of bitcoin is lost to confidence schemes (didn't intend to rhyme). So, if you would like to hold on to your bitcoin until you actually get to sell it, take care to avoid those that would like to manage your bitcoin for you. Unless it's a trusted service with a nod at regulatory compliance, it's probably a scam. If it's not, then the risk of fraud is still too high and is likely an unwise investment.

Diligence.

And if you don't control the keys, it's true. You don't control the coin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 254
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 08, 2016, 09:39:21 PM
My worst experience is when cryptsy closed down and took my money with them. Whatever the real reason for it, I never got my money back. This is a problem and I hope there is some kind of solution to it.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
July 08, 2016, 09:37:11 PM

My worst experience was falling for a clever little scam a year or so ago that drained a blockchain.info wallet of mine.  Part of the fault is on me though, for not being extra-careful.

Please be EXTREMELY CAREFUL when using Bitcoin.  I had to learn the hard way.
Merit: 501
July 08, 2016, 09:30:57 PM
One of the worst experiences i had around bitcoin were lost around 0,15btc into some altcoin, invested when it has huge volume and the price looked it would go up, i let it for a week and i saw it loosing a bit all days, till the moment i need the bitcoin to invest and later i were able to see the value being arounf 10x more the price i had paid, result i got pissed and said i wouldnt invest into altcoin again.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
July 08, 2016, 07:17:08 PM
Nothing much i never loss any bitcoins or get scammed but indirectly i do have some worse moments when i exchanged my bitcoins for new alt coins in the hope of they will grow and i will get some profit many fall some vanished and only some grow and gave profit over all i lost some of my coins otherwise bitcoin is going great so far
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
July 08, 2016, 07:14:36 PM
Sold all my Bitcoin at 250 just to buy some fancy camera shit I didn't need.
Come back a year later and its 650. FML right?.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 08, 2016, 07:08:23 PM
The BITCOIN SAGA
The effect of bitcoin on global market can't be overemphasized,  ranging from it daily use in numerous transactions. With all the good intentions. What adverse effects do you think can erupt from this cryptocurrency and also share you worst experience with bitcoin. BTC

Many bad events I experienced in bitcoin, but the worst is the loss of bitcoin in HYIP sites and gambling. And from then on I never gamble again and now the focus for bitcoin trading and sometime altcoin trading. Thank you
Activity: 616
July 08, 2016, 12:35:48 PM
My first transaction was horrible as I sent btc to wrong address, and I lost 0.2 btc in it, but that was my stupidity and mistake so I cannot afford to blame bitcoin for that.

That's a big shame. but under stable for a newbie. I've never made a wrong payment error but i dd put some trust in some cloud mining companies.
I bet I was not the online one.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
July 08, 2016, 12:23:42 PM
My first transaction was horrible as I sent btc to wrong address, and I lost 0.2 btc in it, but that was my stupidity and mistake so I cannot afford to blame bitcoin for that.

That is a stupid mistake pal LOL but no worries, I think im more stupid than you LOL.  Playing like dumb and dumber huh!  Grin  Anyway mine is kinda very stupid LOL.  I left my account in exchange without 2FA.  as a result.. my account was hacked.  My bitcoin and all of my tradeable altcoins are lost.  I learned my leasson the hardway T_T but well, it's my fault so no one to blame but me :d
Activity: 759
Merit: 502
July 08, 2016, 11:47:01 AM
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
July 08, 2016, 11:41:33 AM
As we all know because bitcoin transactions are completely anonymous and can't be traced back which is even harder if it is mixed. So they are being used by hackers and even criminals these days and this will also keep increasing in future. This i think is the bad practice and not good for bitcoin.
Bitcoin is not completely anonymous - it is pseudo-anonymous at best. And in the future even mixing your coins won't help you to cover your tracks.
As we see new services and companies dedicated solely for the purpose of tracking any kind of transaction present in the blockchain, and they are getting better at analyzing that data very fast.
July 08, 2016, 11:32:26 AM
My worst experience is currently not having the original amount of bitcoin I had a year ago. Other than that I have had no technical or theft issues.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
July 08, 2016, 11:27:53 AM
My worst experience with bitcoin is when i lost of my coins from my faucet by just buying a shitcoin and doing panic sell. But i already learned that lesson and even though i experienced that i'm still doing trading but i'm careful now Grin.
Pages:
Jump to: