Author

Topic: Motosport General discussion tread --- Formula1, MotoGP, WTCC, ETCC, DTM..... - page 602. (Read 131869 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Another race in the bag by Lewis Hamilton, barring any bad luck (and bad decisions made) during the race of course. 

I feel sorry for Rosberg.  I think it would be better for him to go.  The question is where?  Kimi just signed a new contract, and Daniel Ricciardo doesn't look like he'll be leaving RBR.  Or he could if Merc come calling.  They could swap drivers. 

Azguard, what do you think of a Hamilton - Ricciardo partnership at Merc and a Rosberg - Verstappen partnership at RBR?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
I saw the lewis lap was deleyed he was with all 4 wheels out of track havent seen this for long time
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
Full qualifying results for the tenth round of the 2016 Formula 1 World Championship (F1), the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

1. Lewis Hamilton   GBR Mercedes-Mercedes   1m 29.287s
2. Nico Rosberg   GER Mercedes-Mercedes   1m 29.606s
3. Max Verstappen NED Red Bull-TAG Heuer   1m 30.313s
4. Daniel Ricciardo   AUS Red Bull-TAG Heuer   1m 30.618s
5. Kimi Raikkonen   FIN Ferrari-Ferrari   1m 30.881s
6. Sebastian Vettel   GER Ferrari-Ferrari   1m 31.490s
7. Valtteri Bottas   FIN Williams-Mercedes   1m 31.557s
8. Carlos Sainz Jr   ESP Toro Rosso-Ferrari   1m 31.989s
9. Nico Hulkenberg   GER Force India-Mercedes   1m 32.172s
10. Fernando Alonso   ESP McLaren-Honda   1m 32.343s

11. Sergio Perez   MEX Force India-Mercedes   1m 31.875s
12. Felipe Massa   BRZ Williams-Mercedes   1m 32.002s
13. Romain Grosjean FRA Haas-Ferrari   1m 32.050s
14. Esteban Gutierrez MEX Haas-Ferrari   1m 32.241s
15. Daniil Kvyat   RUS Toro Rosso-Ferrari   1m 32.306s
16. Kevin Magnussen   DEN Renault-Renault   1m 37.060s

17. Jenson Button   GBR McLaren-Honda   1m 32.788s
18. Jolyon Palmer   GBR Renault-Renault   1m 32.905s
19. Rio Haryanto   INA MRT-Mercedes   1m 33.098s
20. Pascal Wehrlein GER MRT-Mercedes   1m 33.151s
21. Felipe Nasr   BRZ Sauber-Ferrari   1m 33.544s

Marcus Ericsson   SWE Sauber-Ferrari   No time – missed qualifying after big crash in FP3
legendary
well Ferrari confirmed Raikkonen for next season

Ferrari has announced Kimi Raikkonen will continue to race alongside Sebastian Vettel for the 2017 Formula 1 World Championship season after the Scuderia opted to renew his contract for another season.

I have to say that I was a little disappointed when I read that announcement.  I was hoping for a more exciting season for Ferarri next year.  So two no.1 drivers would have been just the ticket.  Now I'm hoping Rosberg stays at Merc.

i must say that i am to i didnt expect that they will have two good drivers and still i havent seen that old kimi i really dont know why they sign him for another year
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

Ferrari has announced Kimi Raikkonen will continue to race alongside Sebastian Vettel for the 2017 Formula 1 World Championship season after the Scuderia opted to renew his contract for another season.

i'm italian but really don't understand the ferrari, every years don't risk to buy a young driver or have 2 top player in the team. Why don't buy Hulkenberg, .All team have a young promise (red bull verstappen, mercedes have Pascal Wehrlein, ferrari drive accademy don't have

I dont know why they do it at all
They need something like shumi's kid for change
They wont do any good next season kimi is just here to fill that second drivers seat
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1082

i'm italian but really don't understand the ferrari, every years don't risk to buy a young driver or have 2 top player in the team. Why don't buy Hulkenberg, .All team have a young promise (red bull verstappen, mercedes have Pascal Wehrlein, ferrari drive accademy don't have
legendary

I have to say that I was a little disappointed when I read that announcement.  I was hoping for a more exciting season for Ferarri next year.  So two no.1 drivers would have been just the ticket.  Now I'm hoping Rosberg stays at Merc.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
British Grand Prix schedule. Looking forward to another good race! Smiley

All times are local (Great Britain is GMT +1)

Thursday July 7
15:00: FIA press conference

Friday July 8
10:00 – 11:30: First free practice
14:00 – 15:30: Second free practice
16:00: FIA press conference

Saturday July 9
10:00 – 11:00: Third free practice
13:00 – 14:00: Qualifying
14:00: FIA post-qualifying press conference

Sunday July 10
13:00 – 15:00: British GP
15:00: FIA post-race press conference
legendary
Azguard, what do you think of Rosberg leaving Mercedes after this season.  He has not renewed his contract with them until now, and Raikkonen could be leaving Ferrari at the end of the season.  This is just speculation, but do you think Rosberg moving to Ferrari is possible?  That would be a fun 1 and 2 to watch as well.  Although the current 1 and 2 drivers set up at Mercedes is never boring.  Grin

if you think on that they change places that would be interesting (from crashing point of view  Grin just kidding)
who knows what they are planning seem like Mercedes is in favor of Hamilton but that for then to decide not me
Kimi is always cool as ice driver i drive like you are telling me to drive and personally i dont know why he return to F1 at all, so for him to go in Mercedes not gonna happen
Believe that both team will go for this current team and no changes will be made, maybe im wrong but for now this is my perspective, and to mentioned this Button is not signed yet for McLaren so he might be in this for these two team maybe
legendary
i think later this another crash, tomorrow the boss of mercedes speak with Hamilton and Rosberg for stop this crash and add a team order. The lucky of mercedes is not have a really opponent
legendary
Azguard, what do you think of Rosberg leaving Mercedes after this season.  He has not renewed his contract with them until now, and Raikkonen could be leaving Ferrari at the end of the season.  This is just speculation, but do you think Rosberg moving to Ferrari is possible?  That would be a fun 1 and 2 to watch as well.  Although the current 1 and 2 drivers set up at Mercedes is never boring.  Grin
legendary
crazy ending. I know i will be hated, but i think f1 should run 1 short oval track. Iowa???

Please no.  This isn't Nascar.  Grin

Anyway the crazy ending was due to Rosberg not giving any space for Hamilton to move.  So it's kind of his fault if he did it deliberately.

The only thing I hate in the race was Vettel's rear right tire blowing up.  I wonder what could have been if that didn't happen.  I fancy he could be at 3rd place (or maybe even 2nd).

Also there's just this thing when the podium finishers play around squirting champagne at each other and the crowd that always, ALWAYS makes me smile even though I've seen it over and over after a race.  Cheesy

we will never know that maybe he would finish first maybe they both crash in next turn know know that is only our speculation and imagination
never the less this is second time they have incident this season for this one Rosberg is fault with penalty 10 second added time last time Hamilton made mistake and he didnt take blame for it
I think that Mercedes is favorite Hamilton again, my personal opinion is this i dont like Mercedes at all
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
BitLegit.com - btc poker
thats why i enjoy watching f1.  Im not a huge nascar fan but I grew up at local short oval tracks (0.25 mile) stock car racing. Dirt and payment so I think it would be unique if f1 tried an oval race with the speed and grip those cars have.

Iowa speedway which indycar races at or bristol would be cool.
legendary
crazy ending. I know i will be hated, but i think f1 should run 1 short oval track. Iowa???

Please no.  This isn't Nascar.  Grin

Anyway the crazy ending was due to Rosberg not giving any space for Hamilton to move.  So it's kind of his fault if he did it deliberately.

The only thing I hate in the race was Vettel's rear right tire blowing up.  I wonder what could have been if that didn't happen.  I fancy he could be at 3rd place (or maybe even 2nd).

Also there's just this thing when the podium finishers play around squirting champagne at each other and the crowd that always, ALWAYS makes me smile even though I've seen it over and over after a race.  Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
BitLegit.com - btc poker
legendary
Full race results for round 9 of the 2016 Formula 1 World Championship (F1), the Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring.

* Rosberg given 10secs post-race penalty for final lap collision with Hamilton

1. Lewis Hamilton   GBR Mercedes-Mercedes   71 laps
2. Max Verstappen NED Red Bull-Renault   +5.7s
3. Kimi Raikkonen   FIN Ferrari-Ferrari   +6.0s
4. Nico Rosberg   GER Mercedes-Mercedes   +26.7s *
5. Daniel Ricciardo   AUS Red Bull-Renault   +30.9s
6. Jenson Button   GBR McLaren-Honda   +37.7s
7. Romain Grosjean   FRA Haas-Ferrari   +44.6s
8. Carlos Sainz Jr   ESP Toro Rosso-Ferrari   +47.4s
9. Valtteri Bottas   FIN Williams-Mercedes   +1 lap
10. Pascal Wehrlein   GER Manor-Mercedes   +1 lap

11. Esteban Gutierrez   MEX Haas-Ferrari   +1 lap
12. Jolyon Palmer   GBR Renault-Renault   +1 lap
13. Felipe Nasr   BRA Sauber-Ferrari   +1 lap
14. Kevin Magnussen   DEN Renault-Renault   +1 lap
15. Marcus Ericsson   SWE Sauber-Ferrari   +1 lap
16. Rio Haryanto   INA Manor-Mercedes   +1 lap
17. Sergio Perez   MEX Force India-Mercedes   +2 lap

Not classified
19. Fernando Alonso   ESP McLaren-Honda   
20. Nico Hulkenberg   GER Force India-Mercedes   
20. Felipe Massa   BRZ Williams-Mercedes   
21. Sebastian Vettel   GER Ferrari-Ferrari   
22. Daniil Kvyat   RUS Toro Rosso-Ferrari   

all times unofficial
legendary
i hope change the track today, because yesterday 3 crash for the curbs, not is possible this in f1, a similar crash in race can is fatal for the driver.

Knowing the danger of those curbs, I think the drivers themselves should be aware not to put all 4 tires off the track.  

For the race, i think can have a surprise if rain, Vettel and the force india can follow the mercedes

I agree.  I don't know if rain is likely but it rained a bit at Q3 yesterday.  I think a bit of rain would be a welcome surprise for me.  It will make the race more interesting.
legendary
i hope change the track today, because yesterday 3 crash for the curbs, not is possible this in f1, a similar crash in race can is fatal for the driver.

For the race, i think can have a surprise if rain, Vettel and the force india can follow the mercedes
legendary
Another Mercedes 1 and 2 at qualifying, no surprise there.  I'd like to point out that the revised top 3 on the grid on race day is 1. Hamilton, 2. Hulkenberg, 3. Jenson Button due to Vettel and Rosberg suffering from a 5-place grid penalty for gearbox changes.

It should be an interesting race tomorrow because of the change.
Jump to: