Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 2. (Read 7077 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 10, 2012, 10:19:23 PM
Dank, how high are you right now? You should put the computer down, you are making a fool of yourself.
Is that how you refute claims to make a point?  Attacks?  I haven't smoked since 4:20.

Nimda, I don't know what the point of your post was, you just proved that I said it was a transfer of energy, which I thought we agreed was true, albeit a very small amount of energy.  It's not that complicated, weed connects you to the universe because it is made of the universe, just like you.

You hadn't made any point worth refuting, I was just giving a friendly piece of advice.

There is nothing about getting high involving transferring energy. None. Getting high is all about switching around which chemicals in your brain are connected where. Attach the appropriate molecule to the receptor and release a bunch of other molecules. It is not energy. Eat some cookies, the sugar goes into your brain, that is transferring energy. Smoking pot is not. There is no "connection to the universe", it is all in your head.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
September 10, 2012, 10:19:11 PM
Dank, how high are you right now? You should put the computer down, you are making a fool of yourself.
Is that how you refute claims to make a point?  Attacks?  I haven't smoked since 4:20.

Nimda, I don't know what the point of your post was, you just proved that I said it was a transfer of energy, which I thought we agreed was true, albeit a very small amount of energy.  It's not that complicated, weed connects you to the universe because it is made of the universe, just like you.
You said,
"Getting high is a transfer of energy from the plant."
This is false. The transfer of energy doesn't cause the high.
The chemical transfer and their subsequent energy transfer are what makes you high.  It's both, we can both be right.

Because there is energy in those chemicals, right?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 10, 2012, 10:15:15 PM

You said,
"Getting high is a transfer of energy from the plant."
This is false. The transfer of energy doesn't cause the high.
legendary
You cannot kill love
September 10, 2012, 10:07:24 PM

September 10, 2012, 10:02:21 PM
Scientific proof backs up my claim that sickness is caused by a weak soul

I'd like to see your scientific proof.

where's your evidence?

I have made no claims, what should I show you evidence of exactly?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2594498/

You inferred that cancer is not caused by negativity, a week soul.  I'm not saying faith in religion will heal you, I'm saying faith in yourself.

If you really want evidence, all you have to do is think, within yourself.  If life is what you perceive to be real, what you believe, if you perceive that you're dying, you're going to die.  If you believe that you're healthy, by having a healthy soul, you won't.

Remember, everything happens for a reason, after all.

0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 10, 2012, 10:00:25 PM
Getting high is a transfer of energy from the plant, after all.

No. No it is not. It has certain chemicals which react interestingly with your brain.
It's both.
Do you know what "energy" actually is?
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?
Why are you dodging the question? I asked you first.
Energy is classically defined as "the ability to do work." I'd further define doing work as "causing a change." Obviously, you're going to jump on that and say "being high is a change, ah-ha!" Something as primitive as energy, however, is difficult to define; don't pull a MNW.

Now, being high is a change. A very small amount of chemical energy is required to create this change in the brain. If you feel "strong" or "energetic" or something along those lines while high, though, that's not due to an influx of energy (let's abstract energy at least as far as ATP, thanks); it's simply the THC altering your perception.

Going back to the original quote, "Getting high is a transfer of energy from the plant" now. That statement is largely incorrect. Getting high is your feelings, emotions, and perceptions being altered due to the reactions in your brain which use or release a small amount of energy. The use of the word 'transfer' implies you can use the energy transferred. You can't.
Thanks for inaccurately answering for me.  I'm not arguing about what energy is, I'm just saying the energy from the earth/universe is released into your brain when you smoke weed, no matter how small of amount.

You're also claiming that the small amount of energy causes the high, which is incorrect.
No, I said it's a transfer of energy.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 10, 2012, 09:59:37 PM

Scientific proof backs up my claim that sickness is caused by a weak soul, where's your evidence?

What?

How can you have scientific proof that someone has a "weak soul"?

People like you are where all these ridiculous stoner stereotypes come from.

legendary
You cannot kill love
September 10, 2012, 09:59:34 PM

where's your evidence?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2594498/

You inferred that cancer is not caused by negativity, a week soul.  I'm not saying faith in religion will heal you, I'm saying faith in yourself.

If you really want evidence, all you have to do is think, within yourself.  If life is what you perceive to be real, what you believe, if you perceive that you're dying, you're going to die.  If you believe that you're healthy, by having a healthy soul, you won't.

Remember, everything happens for a reason, after all.
Activity: 496
September 10, 2012, 09:45:08 PM

where's your evidence?

edit... Viceroy, sorry for the off topic posts, but what the fuck, how could I not respond to this?
legendary
You cannot kill love
September 10, 2012, 09:39:26 PM

No. No it is not. It has certain chemicals which react interestingly with your brain.
It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?
Energy is classically defined as "the ability to do work." I'd further define doing work as "causing a change." Obviously, you're going to jump on that and say "being high is a change, ah-ha!" Something as primitive as energy, however, is difficult to define; don't pull a MNW.

Now, being high is a change. A very small amount of chemical energy is required to create this change in the brain. If you feel "strong" or "energetic" or something along those lines while high, though, that's not due to an influx of energy (let's abstract energy at least as far as ATP, thanks); it's simply the THC altering your perception.

Going back to the original quote, "Getting high is a transfer of energy from the plant" now. That statement is largely incorrect. Getting high is your feelings, emotions, and perceptions being altered due to the reactions in your brain which use or release a small amount of energy. The use of the word 'transfer' implies you can use the energy transferred. You can't.
Thanks for inaccurately answering for me.  I'm not arguing about what energy is, I'm just saying the energy from the earth/universe is released into your brain when you smoke weed, no matter how small of amount.

You're also claiming that the small amount of energy causes the high, which is incorrect.
No, I said it's a transfer of energy.

Sorry Viceroy, just trying to clear up misinformation regarding cannabis.
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 10, 2012, 09:38:06 PM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?

legendary
You cannot kill love
September 10, 2012, 09:35:21 PM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?

It requires chemical energy for the plant to make the chemicals, so there is a small amount of energy transfered. The amount of energy is quite small. The affect of the drug is due to interactions with receptors, not because of the energy in the chemical.

Just FYI, you're talking to someone who thinks that cancer comes from thinking negative thoughts. How people trust him with their money is a mystery to me.
Scientific proof backs up my claim that sickness is caused by a weak soul, where's your evidence?
September 10, 2012, 09:33:42 PM
It requires chemical energy for the plant to make the chemicals, so there is a small amount of energy transfered. The amount of energy is quite small. The affect of the drug is due to interactions with receptors, not because of the energy in the chemical.

Just FYI, you're talking to someone who thinks that cancer comes from thinking negative thoughts. How people trust him with their money is a mystery to me.

I know who I am talking to, I really don't expect him to understand more than half what I say, but for some reason I say it anyway. I also find it mysterious that anybody would trust him with a computer, let alone money.
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 10, 2012, 09:25:04 PM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?

Activity: 496
September 10, 2012, 09:24:11 PM

September 10, 2012, 09:18:16 PM

It's both.

legendary
You cannot kill love
September 10, 2012, 09:14:34 PM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
What is it?
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 10, 2012, 09:13:47 PM

It's both.
Do you?
Yes.
legendary
You cannot kill love
September 10, 2012, 09:07:05 PM

It's both.
Do you?
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 10, 2012, 08:56:24 PM

It's both.
Pages:
Jump to: