Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 6. (Read 49286 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 19, 2015, 04:29:49 PM
Please don't follow my son niitassin. I lost control over this brat and he is doing bullshit now.
My small boy just fucked up the crave takeover.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12450364

The last two days, he announced two new coins which names already exists.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1182590
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12463992

My s0n is completely lost. Be really careful and if you find him, tell me.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 19, 2015, 03:34:19 PM
September 19, 2015, 03:28:09 PM
Hey pseudo Dev,
please leave Crave as it is and care about any other or a new coin.
We don't wanna see destroying Crave by your silly acts.
Anyway at least I will not update anything made by you and I hope I'm not alone.

Thanks

He has already created a new coin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12463992

I am remain in a stable working version v1.4.5.0-g32a928e

Me too
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
September 19, 2015, 03:25:07 PM
Hey pseudo Dev,
Anyway at least I will not update anything made by you and I hope I'm not alone.

Thanks

He has already created a new coin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12463992

I am remain in a stable working version v1.4.5.0-g32a928e
September 19, 2015, 02:29:41 PM
Hey pseudo Dev,

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
September 19, 2015, 06:05:18 AM
Wallets bittrex is OFFLINE and my CRAVE did not reach the bittrex 999.99998 crave the following address:
C2JhqhRdqHFT1HSQYqoQ8VjKU3Sz4sFMcx  Richela Pleas HELP ME

Sorry, your coins are lost.

Just kidding!

Why do you think so???

legendary
Activity: 910
September 19, 2015, 05:55:55 AM
Wallets bittrex is OFFLINE and my CRAVE did not reach the bittrex 999.99998 crave the following address:

Just kidding!

Why do you think so???

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/crave/tx.dws?468210.htm

there your coins are, dont listen bullshit
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 19, 2015, 04:05:02 AM

Just kidding!

Why do you think so???
legendary
Activity: 1036
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
September 19, 2015, 03:57:19 AM

Just kidding!

September 19, 2015, 03:39:32 AM
Niitassin Before you take a break contact bittrex and help them with the wallet CRAVE. Because we do not have access to the wallet at CRAVE. It is DISABLED Bittrex.

I agree.  Making sure Bittrex is okay should be priority #1.

Whats the current consensus? Are we rolling back to the old wallet?  If someone can provide some guidance, i'll get everything back online here...

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Richiela - Yes . We go back to the old wallet. Wallets bittrex is OFFLINE and my CRAVE did not reach the bittrex 999.99998 crave the following address:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/crave/tx.dws?468210.htm
Activity: 415
September 19, 2015, 03:08:26 AM
v1.4.5.0-g32a928e So is this the one we are going with? If so lets put it out there nice and clear. get it on front page and all the other forum threads cravers may be looking at.   
legendary
September 18, 2015, 08:16:17 PM
Niitassin Before you take a break contact bittrex and help them with the wallet CRAVE. Because we do not have access to the wallet at CRAVE. It is DISABLED Bittrex.

Whats the current consensus? Are we rolling back to the old wallet?  If someone can provide some guidance, i'll get everything back online here...

thanks,
richie@bittrex

i will answer this one
consensus is to revert code before oxything
https://github.com/laptoptip/crave/tree/f6b61d2a730828eb4644be52fb0e050e6933c570

but dev should pump the keys and version to that one.
Activity: 937
September 18, 2015, 07:45:13 PM

thanks,
richie@bittrex
Activity: 263
September 18, 2015, 05:14:44 PM
Activity: 229
September 18, 2015, 04:35:28 PM

September 18, 2015, 04:19:54 PM
legendary
September 18, 2015, 10:19:32 AM
about alert keys, also bitcoin has them, but who holds the keys?
they say that they have a failsafe system if one of key holders will go mad.
what is that failsafe system, just cancelling alert by another holder?
I think the failsafe system is to ignore the alert. The purpose seems to push critical updates so I could see the alert showing up in the UI and debug.log with the option to shut it off with a command or crave.config setting.

yes there is config optinon to ignore it.. but most people wont be able to do it(knowhow)
September 18, 2015, 10:13:05 AM
I think the failsafe system is to ignore the alert. The purpose seems to push critical updates so I could see the alert showing up in the UI and debug.log with the option to shut it off with a command or crave.config setting.
legendary
September 18, 2015, 09:53:24 AM
September 18, 2015, 09:19:25 AM
if you want to fix this
revert code back to that market version.
update protocol every time you make a change.
you should revert version and pump protocol to 70001
atleast generate new key pairs to alert/checkpoint code.
(there are still 2 key pairs for spork and masternodes)

now the keys are in hands of icm, he can destroy the coin at this point if he wants.

Interesting... Could you please explain what this means? What do the 2 key pairs for spork and masternodes signify?

If ICM destroying the coin is indeed the danger, then I think these keys are a million times more important than changing the algorithm and forking Crave to be PoW, which I think is completely unnecessary.

But what would make this dev more trustworthy than ICM if the problem is the same - one person holds all the keys to destroy a coin? ICM may or may not be gone, but he at least made me a lot of money and never wasted my time. This dev made me lose over 1 BTC worth of Crave and has shown extremely erratic judgment (Nothing personal, he is probably very intelligent, but it will take a lot to regain my trust).

My erratic judgement is due to my panic problem.... I tend to panic (a lot)

I will solemnly try to gain back your trust. The keys were not changed because we thought there was no immediate risk...

If we change key(s), who will hold and keep them safe?  Doesn't sound like a decentralized solution if one key holder can disrupt the system by activating an alert.  Maybe this alerting functionality should be disabled or limit its capacity to disrupt the system.  I don't think it was intended to keep this public alerting feature on or active after a coin matures but we have many version before Crave is mature.

I think adding the following functionality will help Crave:

1) Masternode consensus voting using a blockchain (like Dash).  Proceeds used for dev direction and funding foundation projects.
3) Reputation System for the Urge market.
2) User name generation for the Urge market (charge a fee to create a name and own the key)
4) VanityGen so we can prefix our wallet addresses
5) HTML5 UI for the entire wallet.

I will be implementing all these for another coin but it will take me a LONG time by myself. 

Pages:
Jump to: