Author

Topic: - - page 567. (Read 713527 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
September 11, 2016, 05:29:39 AM
What when DDOS atacks are beginning one minute before ICO (like with LISK Mainnet Start) and only a few get the 50% bonus ...

Looks like a plan for desaster  Shocked

Activity: 1234
Merit: 528
Decentralized Content Distribution
September 11, 2016, 05:04:01 AM
Or if you guys want to keep the 50% bonus, don't give it a set limit of BTC where whales can come in the 1st minute, and screw everybody who came in 2 minutes later, expecting to buy with a 50% bonus. Instead make so that the 1st 2 hours anyone will get a 50% bonus. Because the way it is right now it's bound to piss off a lot of people.

İ think that the limit should be even lower maybe 5m coins. My opinion..

We are not changing the announced ICO conditions. Currently we are working on fixing the technical issues to have everything ready for tomorrow.
Stay tuned!

smb sent 2.5 btc on ico addres https://blockchain.info/address/33WDB3nsVHH5qafCAriPb8Jmb1e3ptsY4h
Yes those are our personal funds. We tested things with them they wont be counted in the ICO.
Where can I see my BTC ICO address?

You can see it in your personal account in our ICO platform.
where can i find my personal account?

x2
Where can I find my personal account?

I mean, I read your blog post about the step by step, but I cannot perform step 1. Where do I click to see that login/registration window?

Thank you.

All of this will be available with the start of ICO.
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
September 11, 2016, 03:52:44 AM
Warning: the "Correlation between Blocktime and DECENT ICO Bonus" is bullshit

According to decent's website
https://decent.ch/correlation-blocktime-decent-ico-bonus/
Therefore, all the transactions conducted during the lifespan of the final block will be considered valid and the 50% bonus will be applied. However, only the last block of the ten million will be affected this way. The following block will only have a sale of 10%, applying the first week sale. That is even if the transaction has been executed within the first day.

Since Decent asks you to create an account and allow you to send Bitcoins from an exchange, it will give you a specific address, and will transfer the BTC you sent to the main address. There will therefore be two transactions, the one you placed to their specific address, and the one where they transfer the coins you sent to the multisig. Now, we are lucky, they did some testing on the multiig address, so let's look at a typical transaction

Here we have a test transfer from a specific address to the multisig: test transaction.
Do you notice something strange? That's right, the transaction free is 0.00001914 BTC, this is a low priority transaction fee, which means that under high traffic conditions (like when there is a rush to be first to send money to an ICO), that transaction will likely be put in the backlog until there is enough space in a block.

Now let's look at the test transaction to the specific address, before the balance was transfered to the multisig: here.
See the transcation fee they set? 0.0001243 BTC. Now, that's a better fee than what Poloniex is using!

Why the double standard you will ask?

That's the trick! No matter how high a fee you use to send the coins to the specific address assigned to you for the crowdsale, your payment will be forwarded by Decent to the multisig address with a shity subpar transaction fee. Of course a large whale transaction in the same block will have to have scaled fees and will be much more attractive to the miners. So no matter what, their large investor partners gets to have a 50% bonus, and the small guys with fight for the bread crumbs with most pople ending up with a 10% bonus they didn't appove of

There will be big s*** in this thread and any subsequent self-moderated threads if they screw the investors over with funny stuff. I am sure there will be blockchain analysis afterwards to pick up any manipulations and if they are caught out it will be the end of their project as most of crypto is based on trust. I doubt they will be as stupid to do what you said especially after you brought it up.

Obviously there's more to than what meets the eye.

If you look back to August, I was so proud of this Decent team and their willingness to modify every aspect of the bounties over the valid concerns of the people participating in this thread. For example, a lot of people had concerns over sock puppets starting new accounts, so they thank everyone for the suggestions and modified the rules that accounts created after Aug 3 won't be accepted. Some people raised concerns over something about Facebook, those who liked the Decent Facebook page before the 3rd not being counted for a stake or something. Don't remember exactly, but they saw the logic in the concerns and modified things. And now so many people are having the most legitimate concern in terms of fairness. Bringing up examples like the two accounts from Ant Shares who invested 1,000 and 500 BTCs, and how such transactions will take priority over smaller investments, etc. And their responses ignore the concern and just give a generic answer ignoring the logic of the concern. Like "Everyone will have the same opportunity to invest," or "As long as your transaction is in the same block you will get the bonus." We know that, but that's not the point of our concerns. That would be the response to the example of bigger transactions getting priority. That would be the response to the question of what would happen to those who in the event where they send their BTC 1 minute after the ICO start, not getting a bonus because a whale took it all. And so on. Not everyone pressing refresh every few seconds is going to start right at the same time. Not everyone is going to create an ICO account at the same speed.

So obviously there's some backroom agenda going on.
September 11, 2016, 03:34:23 AM
I really want to invest in this, but this ICO mess can really cause some big negativity.

Also, I sent some Bitcoins from Polo to my wallet, and it took almost 3 hours for Polo to start processing it. No transaction ID until almost 3 hours. That's a warning for those who are planning to use an exchange, it just won't work with this ICO set up.
Activity: 232
Rubic stays cubic
September 11, 2016, 03:22:32 AM

Therefore, all the transactions conducted during the lifespan of the final block will be considered valid and the 50% bonus will be applied. However, only the last block of the ten million will be affected this way. The following block will only have a sale of 10%, applying the first week sale. That is even if the transaction has been executed within the first day.

Since Decent asks you to create an account and allow you to send Bitcoins from an exchange, it will give you a specific address, and will transfer the BTC you sent to the main address. There will therefore be two transactions, the one you placed to their specific address, and the one where they transfer the coins you sent to the multisig. Now, we are lucky, they did some testing on the multiig address, so let's look at a typical transaction

Here we have a test transfer from a specific address to the multisig: test transaction.
Do you notice something strange? That's right, the transaction free is 0.00001914 BTC, this is a low priority transaction fee, which means that under high traffic conditions (like when there is a rush to be first to send money to an ICO), that transaction will likely be put in the backlog until there is enough space in a block.

Now let's look at the test transaction to the specific address, before the balance was transfered to the multisig: here.
See the transcation fee they set? 0.0001243 BTC. Now, that's a better fee than what Poloniex is using!

That's the trick! No matter how high a fee you use to send the coins to the specific address assigned to you for the crowdsale, your payment will be forwarded by Decent to the multisig address with a shity subpar transaction fee. Of course a large whale transaction in the same block will have to have scaled fees and will be much more attractive to the miners. So no matter what, their large investor partners gets to have a 50% bonus, and the small guys with fight for the bread crumbs with most pople ending up with a 10% bonus they didn't appove of

There will be big s*** in this thread and any subsequent self-moderated threads if they screw the investors over with funny stuff. I am sure there will be blockchain analysis afterwards to pick up any manipulations and if they are caught out it will be the end of their project as most of crypto is based on trust. I doubt they will be as stupid to do what you said especially after you brought it up.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
September 11, 2016, 03:20:57 AM

Thanks for the FUD maybe i will skip this ico
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
September 11, 2016, 03:12:15 AM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 11, 2016, 02:57:46 AM
Or if you guys want to keep the 50% bonus, don't give it a set limit of BTC where whales can come in the 1st minute, and screw everybody who came in 2 minutes later, expecting to buy with a 50% bonus. Instead make so that the 1st 2 hours anyone will get a 50% bonus. Because the way it is right now it's bound to piss off a lot of people.

İ think that the limit should be even lower maybe 5m coins. My opinion..

We are not changing the announced ICO conditions. Currently we are working on fixing the technical issues to have everything ready for tomorrow.
Stay tuned!

smb sent 2.5 btc on ico addres https://blockchain.info/address/33WDB3nsVHH5qafCAriPb8Jmb1e3ptsY4h
Yes those are our personal funds. We tested things with them they wont be counted in the ICO.
Where can I see my BTC ICO address?

You can see it in your personal account in our ICO platform.
where can i find my personal account?

x2
Where can I find my personal account?

I mean, I read your blog post about the step by step, but I cannot perform step 1. Where do I click to see that login/registration window?

Thank you.
This will be available at 1pm GMT
Activity: 518
September 11, 2016, 02:35:34 AM
Curently decent have escrow.
Activity: 476
September 11, 2016, 02:29:07 AM
6 hours 35 minutes before ICO start.
Activity: 232
Rubic stays cubic
September 11, 2016, 02:06:30 AM
Is everything now confirmed for today at 1pm GMT? Has the technical problems been solved?
Activity: 393
Merit: 297
September 11, 2016, 01:35:22 AM
How do they know that we followed on twitter or signed up for newsletter? Is there somewhere to put the info?

Of course they will check those who followed them on twitter or have subscribed to their newsletter. No info at the moment only for signature campaign participants.
Activity: 742
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
September 11, 2016, 01:02:40 AM
Initially, I was quite interested in investing in DECENT within the first week or so. However, this is one of the worst distribution techniques I have seen simply because you are valuing the early investor way too much (it's not just my personal opinion; it's consensus according to the comments made in the thread). To avoid FUD and also to make DECENT a more successful ICO, I urge you to reconsider the ICO structure of the first day. Some solutions could be lowering the bonus or getting rid of the first day bonus as others have suggested.

I agreed the arrangement is greatly skewed in favour of first day investors and this could be bad for the project if  whales decided to invest more than 1000BTC like Antshares because I believe something was wrong when I saw those two Amounts 1000BTC and 500BTC.
September 10, 2016, 11:36:49 PM
Any refunds for those who miss the bonus when they were expecting to purchase but missed it by seconds?
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
September 10, 2016, 10:41:55 PM
How do they know that we followed on twitter or signed up for newsletter? Is there somewhere to put the info?

I hope we do not have to fill all these details while registering for the ICO at 1:00 PM tomorrow, since the 50% bonus might be gone by then. The simple task of registering after the ICO is launched is going to take much time of unregistered people (everyone, allegedly, for the sake of fairness).
Activity: 192
September 10, 2016, 09:53:17 PM
Activity: 303
No one like you
September 10, 2016, 09:08:41 PM
why join ico?
why not join sign and translation and others?
 Grin
1,000,000 DCT for DECENT Bounty program
(5000/1BTC)  = 200BTC
 Cheesy
1%= 2BTC
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
September 10, 2016, 09:02:15 PM
If they won't change the ICO after so many people stating that it has a bad structure, well then they have a very big investor already and they don't care about small fishes like the rest of us. I can't see any other reason (with this much money at stake you can't be stubborn, or can you ?).
Activity: 581
September 10, 2016, 08:47:52 PM
Initially, I was quite interested in investing in DECENT within the first week or so. However, this is one of the worst distribution techniques I have seen simply because you are valuing the early investor way too much (it's not just my personal opinion; it's consensus according to the comments made in the thread). To avoid FUD and also to make DECENT a more successful ICO, I urge you to reconsider the ICO structure of the first day. Some solutions could be lowering the bonus or getting rid of the first day bonus as others have suggested.

I Agree with you why big bonus 50%
legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
September 10, 2016, 08:22:10 PM
Jump to: