Pages:
Author

Topic: .... - page 3. (Read 77263 times)

Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
January 28, 2014, 05:45:51 PM
I just got my fresh new rpi-b
Downloaded and installed the latest 0.2.5.pr1 on the 16 Gb superfast SD and all seems to work this far
When i used the rpi plain with only the psu which came with it it powered down when unplug the mini connector
So i took my little 10 port usb hub from the shelf with its 5 amp psu and the minute i connect the hub the rpi powers up on the normal usb 2.0 port.
Looks like the psu which came with it is now overkill or am i wrong and does it still need its own power
I have 8 devices which probably will be connected constant and maybe sometimes the usb wireless keyboard when it fails.
As far as i know the only one pulling some power will be the usb wifi-n dongle.
The other devices should not pull any power from the hub since they have their own psu.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
January 27, 2014, 08:58:54 PM
Once again, donations do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING at midnight (unless your using a 6 month old+ version), if your problem despaired after you deleted the cron entry it is totally unrelated and the problem still exists.
[Linux minepeon 3.6.11-18-ARCH+ armv6l]

Image 0.2.4.1

Now what else could it be. Since it heaped at the same time every night... There was no problem with computer only pi...
OK what could kill cgminer(I guess) without a reason? I was looking at the screen and then I saw disconnected from mining screen so I needed to reenter screen -r to get back... And after restart cgminer couldn't connect to any of the cards. This is the second type of error I'm getting...

Did a reboot fix the problem?
No reboot doesn't help. I need to reboot all cards at that time...
legendary
Activity: 896
January 27, 2014, 06:05:34 PM
OK what could kill cgminer(I guess) without a reason? I was looking at the screen and then I saw disconnected from mining screen so I needed to reenter screen -r to get back... And after restart cgminer couldn't connect to any of the cards. This is the second type of error I'm getting...

Did a reboot fix the problem?

Midnight problems were solved with removing donation from crontab(3 days without a problem)...

Once again, donations do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING at midnight (unless your using a 6 month old+ version), if your problem despaired after you deleted the cron entry it is totally unrelated and the problem still exists.

Neil
January 27, 2014, 06:01:23 PM
OK what could kill cgminer(I guess) without a reason? I was looking at the screen and then I saw disconnected from mining screen so I needed to reenter screen -r to get back... After that cgminer couldn't connect to any of the cards(I could see then but were not working). This is the second type of error I'm getting... Midnight problems were solved with removing donation from crontab(3 days without a problem)...
Activity: 868
January 26, 2014, 06:19:53 AM
EDIT: removing donation from crontab fixed crashing problem at midnight...

This is odd, donations do absolutely nothing at midnight even if you have them enabled.  What version are you running, your going to need to hunt further to find the causes of you crashed.

Neil
Last one... And it always happens at midnight... Even with donation disabled... But now when I removed it it didn't crash for 2 nights...

Mine always crashed at noon.  disabling donations and then removing fixed it here.

on the latest version 0.2.5 pr1 it seems to be ok.( last 2 days)
January 26, 2014, 04:42:26 AM

This is odd, donations do absolutely nothing at midnight even if you have them enabled.  What version are you running, your going to need to hunt further to find the causes of you crashed.

Neil
Last one... And it always happens at midnight... Even with donation disabled... But now when I removed it it didn't crash for 2 nights...
legendary
January 25, 2014, 05:23:39 PM

Neil
January 24, 2014, 06:26:11 AM
What kind of crash protection dose this have? I have no idea why but I need to unplug Raspberry from time to time(once in 2 days) so it start mining again... From what I can see it looks like eruptor disconnect...

And another question. Even if I disable donation something crashes all my cards every midnight. What else could it be?

December 05, 2013, 05:07:27 PM
sweet as a raspberry pi

1 question do i need to be logged into minepeon on my pc all the time for this to work?

edit now i have the laptop and the raspberry pi running

No, you only need to run the pc to monitor the Pi and also to check on the miner results.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
December 05, 2013, 03:49:58 PM
sweet as a raspberry pi

1 question do i need to be logged into minepeon on my pc all the time for this to work?

edit now i have the laptop and the raspberry pi running
Activity: 70
November 08, 2013, 11:11:45 AM
I've seen the D-Link 7 port ship with both 3 amp and 2.5 amp wall warts, check your wart to know how many miners it well run.  I like to have a .5 amp head room on each hub, it gives me higher hash rates, fewer rejects and errors, and no system crashes.

I have 8 Rosewill rhb-500's, these are 10 port with a 4 amp psu.  I can get 8 sticks and a fan on each hub, but 7 sticks has more reliability.

The 49 port hubs are the way to go with the stick miners, power from a atx psu seems to be the most reliable to date for me.  YMMV.
November 08, 2013, 09:19:43 AM
how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.

D-link hubs will take 5 erupters, any more and the power is not stable.
I managed 20 erupters on 4 hubs with no problem.

Not true. I run 6 on each and the ones with fans have 5. I have run this on several setups between Debian, Wheezy, and MinePeon. No powers issues at all and no excessive errors. MinePeon just crashes with more then 5 hubs attached. I was able to get 32 on 5 hubs running Wheezy on the Raspi but when I added 3 more hubs the Pi crashes every time. So Im now running all 57 my Linux box running Debian with less then 1% errors. Like I said I have found you cant run 6 erupters and a fan or you get weird errors all over the place, you have to run 5 and a fan or 6 and no fan.

I will remove my fans and put in another miner, then add another hub.

Still goes unstable with more than 5 erupters per hub
Edit:- maybe UK wallwarts are weaker than others
October 19, 2013, 04:11:34 PM
how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.

Not true. I run 6 on each and the ones with fans have 5. I have run this on several setups between Debian, Wheezy, and MinePeon. No powers issues at all and no excessive errors. MinePeon just crashes with more then 5 hubs attached. I was able to get 32 on 5 hubs running Wheezy on the Raspi but when I added 3 more hubs the Pi crashes every time. So Im now running all 57 my Linux box running Debian with less then 1% errors. Like I said I have found you cant run 6 erupters and a fan or you get weird errors all over the place, you have to run 5 and a fan or 6 and no fan.

I will remove my fans and put in another miner, then add another hub.
Activity: 602
October 19, 2013, 03:32:49 PM
how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.

Activity: 79
October 19, 2013, 11:47:40 AM
0.2.4 PR2 is looking really slick!  My favorite version to date.  Just installed and set my pools.  So far no issues for me...

October 19, 2013, 11:34:16 AM
how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
October 19, 2013, 09:19:23 AM
Thanks for the guide, might try after I get all my stuff..
Activity: 602
October 18, 2013, 05:31:27 PM
legendary
October 18, 2013, 05:15:14 PM
anyone know where I can get the 3.5.1 cgminer binary for minepeon?  Looks like the git hasn't been updated..

Thanks,

We are getting very close to a new release, if you want you can download the PR (Pre Release) here;-

http://minepeon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=291

It has all of the latest as well as a lot of bug fix's and new features.

Neil
October 18, 2013, 07:40:13 AM
The minepeon setup for the Pi is so easy, first time, out of the box, 10 mins to mining.
The longest job is the write stage to the sd card.

My question is, how do I run a second Pi?

When I power up the second Pi, it allocates a new IP address, and deletes the original address for the first Pi. then Pi one stops.

It appears to be Reading only the device name at the router, and ignoring the mac address.
Pages:
Jump to: