Pages:
Author

Topic: .... - page 4. (Read 77263 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
October 15, 2013, 07:22:54 PM
anyone know where I can get the 3.5.1 cgminer binary for minepeon?  Looks like the git hasn't been updated..

Thanks,
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
October 13, 2013, 06:31:00 AM
Great tool! I had the minepeon up and running within just a few minutes. Great!

1st problem I face:
I use minepeon to mine with a bitburner board. After a few hours minepeon redetects the board and adds a second board on the miner list. The computation of the Hashrate does not work any more then. It adds the last hashrate of the 1st miner detected to the 2nd miner detected. Since it is the same device, only the last device detected is mining. The older miner detections in the list stay on their last value and the total hashrate gets way off.
After one night I had more than 10 devices listed on the peon but only one is attached to it.

2nd thing:
I there a way to overclock the attached bitburner via the minepeon interface?

Activity: 241
Merit: 107
September 27, 2013, 09:45:40 AM

I have two USB-FPGA Modules 1.15y - Quad-Spartan 6 LX150 FPGA Boards and five Usb Eraupters.

MinePeon see all of the devices when I indicate 13 devices, all of devices start to mine except one of the FPGA Modules.

Any advice?

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.
September 19, 2013, 07:41:29 PM
Everytime I change my password in the MinePeon web interface, I get locked out of it. The "Authentication Required" box pops up, and it recognizes neither my new password, or the old default of "peon".

Any ideas?
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
August 26, 2013, 06:20:42 PM
Hello can the OS start a VPN as well?  My schools network blocks p2pool access it seems.
Activity: 213
Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s
August 20, 2013, 04:32:37 PM
So worked almost as good as the other one!!!!

I found with the last one (no lcd)  you didn't have to log into the Pi before the miner would start on wifi but this version you need to log in first then everything fires up and the LCD works great!!!

The only Real Problem i can see is the LCD does not display the Hash Rate but that's not to big of a deal as everything else is working perfectly

thanks

working fantastic how ever whe i got all my parts and what not lined up i was using the PIMiner way the only reason i moved to this is it is hot swappable with the miners so i can add more without changing settings on the pi

here is my problem.  I also bought this http://www.adafruit.com/products/1115 cause i works to display most of the cg miner information BUT i can't seem to get it to work in minepeon none of the apt-get commands work and i am unable to create files like the Modules file.  anyone get one of these to work on the PEON?

If you grab the 0.2.3a test image it should work automatically on boot.  

Neil
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
August 20, 2013, 04:12:35 PM
working fantastic how ever whe i got all my parts and what not lined up i was using the PIMiner way the only reason i moved to this is it is hot swappable with the miners so i can add more without changing settings on the pi

here is my problem.  I also bought this http://www.adafruit.com/products/1115 cause i works to display most of the cg miner information BUT i can't seem to get it to work in minepeon none of the apt-get commands work and i am unable to create files like the Modules file.  anyone get one of these to work on the PEON?

If you grab the 0.2.3a test image it should work automatically on boot. 

Neil
Activity: 213
Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s
August 20, 2013, 12:54:31 PM

here is my problem.  I also bought this http://www.adafruit.com/products/1115 cause i works to display most of the cg miner information BUT i can't seem to get it to work in minepeon none of the apt-get commands work and i am unable to create files like the Modules file.  anyone get one of these to work on the PEON?
Ego
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
August 19, 2013, 02:09:15 AM
Thanks for the step by step as a utter noob I needed it
Activity: 154
Fica Tranquilo
August 05, 2013, 03:08:09 AM
Your welcome!  Smiley
Activity: 283
August 06, 2013, 05:36:16 AM
Fantastic, worked perfectly first time
Activity: 279
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
August 05, 2013, 02:39:12 PM
A question to step 1: where's the best place to buy R-PI? Smiley
Activity: 252
August 05, 2013, 02:22:10 AM
I seriously can't believe how easy this was... it took me no more than 10 minutes from having a fresh SD card to mining with 5 block erupters.  Thanks for the simple step by step!!!
Activity: 16
August 03, 2013, 07:25:08 PM
What do I have to do to get this: http://www.adafruit.com/products/1030

To work with MinePeon? It works in Raspbian just fine using the standard wireless config tool. I'm running it off a hub. It doesn't detect it in wicd-curses, doesn't even light up. Switch over to raspbian again, works like a charm.

Edit: The adafruit adapters work using this tutorial: http://blog.lemoneerlabs.com/?tag=/Ada+Fruit+Wifi+Module

It's somewhat lengthy (also takes some trial+error), but I got it working in ~20 minutes.
Activity: 59
August 01, 2013, 08:38:51 PM
When I turn my RPi on (I have it attached to a monitor, for now) The farthest it gets is [ ok ] Reached Target Graphical interface and then there is the blinkng line prompting to type. But my keyboard I have pluged in does nothing and I can't seem to do anything. Everything I'm useing with my RPi is compatible as I've used the same keyboard and usb hub for several things on it now. All I want to be able to do is ifconfig.

I fixed all of the above, now I'm having problems getting the Wi-Fi to work.

Edit
-I've tried several things. What I found out i'm suppose to do is "wicd-curses" when I do this is always says no networks found. Just like my previous problem I've used the wifi dongle on my RPi before.

-Another problem I keep having is that when I boot it up I constantly see [FAILED] and I have to reboot a few times in order for it to [ ok ] the whole way through. What is causing this? Is it the lack of internet connection because of broken wifi? Data Corruption? Id like to know, because once I get this thing mining I don't want to play Russian Roulette every time I boot it up.
legendary
July 27, 2013, 06:10:02 PM
Code:
#!/usr/bin/php

include('miner.inc.php');
include(
'timezone.inc.php');

$donation file_get_contents("/opt/minepeon/etc/donation");
$hour date('H');

$configfile "/opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf";
$dontatefile "/opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf.donate";
$tempfile "/opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf.tmp";

echo 
$donation $hour;

if (
$donation and $hour == 00) {

copy($configfile$tempfile);

copy($dontatefile$configfile);

cgminer("restart""");

sleep(5);

copy($tempfile$configfile);

sleep($donation 60);

cgminer("quit""");

}

So by default, the system will REMOVE your pool configuration and mine for the minepeon donation pools, and keep checking every hour to reset it back. 

That is indeed the offending code, however it does not do what you say.

What it actually does is;-
Code:
1. Check to see if it is midnight

2.  If it is midnight check to see if there are any donation minutes set.

3. IF there are any donation minutes set do this;-

3.1 Move the miner config file to a temporary one

3.2 Move the donation config file into place

3.3 Restart the miner (with the donation config file)

3.4 Move the 'original' config file back into place.

3.5 Mine for X minutes (as set by donation)

3.6 Restart the miner (with the original config file)

Like I said above, it is the restart that is proving unreliable and I am about to try a forth way of doing it (I can never replicate the problem on my system BTW).

Minepeon took $5 from me, lesson learned.  But I need to post this here to let you guys know. 

Like I said, email me your hashrate and hours and I will give you back $10.  I bet you will never find another person that is willing to pay you to test beta code, but there it is Smiley .

I'm fairly certain the command

Code:
rm /opt/minepeon/etc/cron.d/hourly/donate

Will solve this problem. 

Yep, that will work, or you can just set your donation to 0.

If you look on his Wiki Page for MinePeon he makes no mention of this behavior or how to disable it.

Want a Wiki account?  I am way behind keeping it updated and I need some help.

Neil
Activity: 154
Fica Tranquilo
July 27, 2013, 01:18:17 PM

So by default, the system will REMOVE your pool configuration and mine for the minepeon donation pools, and keep checking every hour to reset it back.  

Minepeon took $5 from me, lesson learned.  But I need to post this here to let you guys know.  

Code:

Will solve this problem.  

If you look on his Wiki Page for MinePeon he makes no mention of this behavior or how to disable it.

I don't think that this is the case.
I've been mining with MinePeon without experiencing any of such behavior.
Furthermore MineForeman seems like a decent guy.

Please contact MineForeman and ask him to explain.
legendary
July 27, 2013, 05:29:43 PM
I have something to add to this.

Minepeon, the dirty donation OS!

Hi,

I apologize for the issue, its actually one that is well documented here and one that I am working on.  I will give you the long explanation so you don't have to trawl back to find it all.

One of the most common features asked for is to be able to mine using different settings at different times of the day.  There are many reasons to want to do this, my reason is that I want to be able to mine with one account for part of the day and them mine with another account for the rest.  That way I can divvy up the hashrate of a single device over multiple users if there are many people who have shares in a device.

In order to do this the miner needs to switch configuration and this is what is proving to be problematic so fat I have tried;-

1. Switching the configuration using the API

2. Switching the configuration file and the using the API to restart the miner

3. Switching the configuration file and using the API to stop the miner and the OS to restart it (this is where it is now)

4. Switching the configuration file and using the OS to kill and restart the miner (this is what is on my workbench at the moment)

The first 3 methods most of the time, but most of the time is not acceptable to me (or you Tongue ) so now I am trying the forth method, expect it to come out with a new release in the next few days..

I will offer you the same thing that I offered everyone else that has had this issue, email me your hashrate and hours that it stuffed up ([email protected]) and I will pay you back twice the income that the issue cost you.  I honestly don't want to steal your hashes, I just want to get things working right (and you signed up as a tester)

Please remember, this is Beta software and it is under constant, heavy development to get things right.

Neil

P.S.  Id you set donations to 0 you wont have to worry about this errant 'feature', but you will still be able to use it to switch pools once I get it right.
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
July 27, 2013, 01:27:21 PM

Minepeon took $5 from me, lesson learned.  But I need to post this here to let you guys know. 

Code:

Will solve this problem. 

I don't think that this is the case.
I've been mining with MinePeon without experiencing any of such behavior.
Furthermore MineForeman seems like a decent Guy.

Please contact MineForeman and ask him to explain.

I'm just realizing now that there is a web interface.  I figured it was just a linux box with cgminer on it, so configuring cgminer and then letting it sit is not the way to do it.  You need to use his web interface..  looking into it, he has it set to take your config down and put his config back up 15 minutes per day by default.  If you have just configured cgminer itself and not his web interface witchery, it will take your config down and put his back up, and then 15 minutes later put his other one back up, again containing donation details but intended to put your web-interface-configured pools. 

So I guess his intention was to only take 15 minutes a day but it just undid what I did by default behavior.
Pages:
Jump to: