Pages:
Author

Topic: .. - page 2. (Read 3634 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
June 27, 2014, 03:25:40 PM

You mean Circle hasn't dumped their 50,000 btc on the market that I'm sure they paid much less than current market price for?!?  And they are trying to get even more btc??  Gasp!  I'm completely shocked they haven't dumped everything already, as I'm sure they would make a killing!

In fact, the Winklevoss Twins should dump their 1000's of coins too, as I heard they paid ~$100/btc!!  They could make so much money!!

Isn't the purpose of buying huge lots of coins, just to dump them first chance you can get in order to make a profit?  Why would anyone even hold them long term?  I'm completely baffled!!

/S   Wink

The problem with Bitcoin at the present moment is it's filled with people that want to make a quick buck to buy a mediocre 3-Series BMW and feel "rich" for a few months while they slowly go broke.

Oh, self esteem. Driving a brand new 3-Series BMW makes you more of a man, you know! All your flaws will fade once this happens. Life will start anew. They'll be a new man. All the girls will want them. Life will be grand. It's their time to shine. They've earned it.

Most of the people that fail to see the big picture fall into this category.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve46peMWU5w
i wonder what the difference was (watch the entire video)  Grin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit to Devin: Spitting on him like that was a little immature on her part. He yelled at her to get out, but I don't think he deserved that. And I do not know if that was real or not. (Could have easily paid some hooker to do the prank)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

re edit to bob surplus: (without bumping thread for unrelated topics)
I like fousey tube. Watch this if interested http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOckShow/videos
they do a few videos in the hood (like my signature) and the guys there grab and punch them.

Youtube pranks are great (especially the ones) like pregnancy prank (see the parents freak out lol)
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
June 27, 2014, 03:17:23 PM
Circle is by far one of the most accredited buyers for these coins and I've read that they are actively trying to get the whole 29.9K BTC.
I'm not totally sure but I believe they own over 50K btc as it is already, maybe more. It only makes sense for them to bid high as an auction like this will be a price setter.

The higher they pay for the 30K coins the more money they make on their 50K stack.

I believe these guys are going to overbid in order to lock down all the coins. I think we'll see bids around 3M for a 3K lot.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm with you, Bobsurplus.

Below market is just not going to happen. Simple as that.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people cant wrap their head around something so simple as this.

You mean Circle hasn't dumped their 50,000 btc on the market that I'm sure they paid much less than current market price for?!?  And they are trying to get even more btc??  Gasp!  I'm completely shocked they haven't dumped everything already, as I'm sure they would make a killing!

In fact, the Winklevoss Twins should dump their 1000's of coins too, as I heard they paid ~$100/btc!!  They could make so much money!!

Isn't the purpose of buying huge lots of coins, just to dump them first chance you can get in order to make a profit?  Why would anyone even hold them long term?  I'm completely baffled!!

/S   Wink

LMAO, sure, I guess they can sell if they want to be so depressed in a few years that they kill themselves.

Cheesy
Activity: 218
Merit: 102
June 27, 2014, 03:16:58 PM
I really think the coins will be sent above market price.

It just makes sense. Nobody decides to buy thousands of coins in one day.
People who are bidding wanted those coins and knew it would have costed a lot to pump an exchange.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 5269
June 27, 2014, 03:13:04 PM
Circle is by far one of the most accredited buyers for these coins and I've read that they are actively trying to get the whole 29.9K BTC.
I'm not totally sure but I believe they own over 50K btc as it is already, maybe more. It only makes sense for them to bid high as an auction like this will be a price setter.

The higher they pay for the 30K coins the more money they make on their 50K stack.

I believe these guys are going to overbid in order to lock down all the coins. I think we'll see bids around 3M for a 3K lot.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people cant wrap their head around something so simple as this.

/S   Wink
legendary
June 27, 2014, 03:05:00 PM

Just my 2 cents.

legendary
June 27, 2014, 03:04:15 PM
some bidders are definitely going to over bid. Possibly over bid a LOT in order to get the coins.
Thoughts?
This isn't eBay.  I doubt any of the buyers are stupid enough to send in a bid above market rates.

Firstly, its not stupid, second, what if they did, let's say they bid 1000$ a btc, and got filled for 30K btc, would you start selling your btc at $600, I doubt it!
legendary
June 27, 2014, 02:53:22 PM
Since , (as far as I understand) there would be different bids for each 3k pack , wouldn't it be possible for some bitcoin to go above market value and for some below?

Yes, it's possible, But like I said before, I believe that circle will overbid each lot by a fair amount to add that 30K to their stack.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
June 27, 2014, 02:49:25 PM
Since , (as far as I understand) there would be different bids for each 3k pack , wouldn't it be possible for some bitcoin to go above market value and for some below?
legendary
June 27, 2014, 02:45:53 PM

Just my 2 cents.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
June 27, 2014, 02:41:33 PM
My prediction is that the coins will sell for 20% below market rate. Because the coins are being sold in such large blocks, there will be very few bidders. It's a buyers' market, for those who have a million bucks or more to spend.

But at least one of the bidders is going to be a syndicate of many smaller bidders wrapped up in to one. So the money will be there. I'd imagine there will be some decent bid action.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
June 27, 2014, 02:37:56 PM

"I think it will follow the established laws of finance."

Bitcoin is disruptive  Grin
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Turning money into heat since 2011.
June 27, 2014, 02:28:17 PM
some bidders are definitely going to over bid. Possibly over bid a LOT in order to get the coins.
Thoughts?
This isn't eBay.  I doubt any of the buyers are stupid enough to send in a bid above market rates.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
June 27, 2014, 01:16:06 PM
I guess I'll register my prediction now. 5% over market rate at the time of the auction on average for all the lots on the auction block.
Activity: 994
June 27, 2014, 01:11:31 PM
paying 10% more than market rate isn't unreasonable.

more than 20%+ is pushing it.
Activity: 418
Merit: 252
Proud Canuck
June 27, 2014, 12:53:36 PM
The bidders are professional. They will have a strategy on how much to bet for each lot. Successful bidders on the early lots will try to drive up the market rate for later lots, while unsuccessful bidders will do the opposite. We are in for a roller coaster ride.

Except that this is a sealed bid auction - bids are placed, and then nobody will find out until Monday who actually won.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
June 27, 2014, 04:26:18 AM
The bidders are professional. They will have a strategy on how much to bet for each lot. Successful bidders on the early lots will try to drive up the market rate for later lots, while unsuccessful bidders will do the opposite. We are in for a roller coaster ride.
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
June 27, 2014, 04:14:08 AM
Think about it.

Buying 30,000 coins on Bitstamp, or any exchange, would easily push the price up $100. Most likely more.

When shares or other financial instruments are sold in bulk the buyers always look for a discount to the market price.  Always.  Bitcoin's market is still extremely thin but I think it will follow the established laws of finance.  The bidders will be looking for a discount to the current market price.  While it is interesting to speculate what would happen if the winning bidder went to Bitstamp/Btce/etc with a 30k order instead of the auction, I think it would be foolish for the bidder to push the auction price per bitcoin to parity or even above the asking price.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
June 27, 2014, 03:09:41 AM
You should change your name to Devin Troll
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
June 27, 2014, 02:58:46 AM
I have nothing to gain here. I'm out.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
June 27, 2014, 02:53:30 AM
yes, rich investors are lining up to overpay for an asset that they can buy at market value just like anyone else from a common exchange (note... they don't have to order all at once...) or from an offline seller. come on guys, instead of flaming everyone who disagrees with you, actually think with your heads for a minute.

Since you are the only one using your head, why didn't you take my bet I offered you yesterday?

I don't bet; I'm more into the buy and hold philosophy and that's enough excitement for me.

Curious. Are you going to make a statement if the majority of coins sell for a premium?
Pages:
Jump to: