Pages:
Author

Topic: .. - page 3. (Read 3634 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 253
June 27, 2014, 02:52:03 AM
yes, rich investors are lining up to overpay for an asset that they can buy at market value just like anyone else from a common exchange (note... they don't have to order all at once...) or from an offline seller. come on guys, instead of flaming everyone who disagrees with you, actually think with your heads for a minute.

Since you are the only one using your head, why didn't you take my bet I offered you yesterday?

I don't bet; I'm more into the buy and hold philosophy and that's enough excitement for me.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
June 27, 2014, 02:43:35 AM
yes, rich investors are lining up to overpay for an asset that they can buy at market value just like anyone else from a common exchange (note... they don't have to order all at once...) or from an offline seller. come on guys, instead of flaming everyone who disagrees with you, actually think with your heads for a minute.

Since you are the only one using your head, why didn't you take my bet I offered you yesterday?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
June 27, 2014, 02:41:48 AM
The winners aren't going to dump shit. They're going to hoard. Because they know the long term potential absolutely shits on the ability to make a few million in the short term.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
June 27, 2014, 02:35:52 AM
I believe it's probable that they'll overpay a little bit.  It'd be prudent for both parties; you can't just buy 30k BTC @ X price in one action, the price will probably go up way before you hit 30k, and the FBI gets to charge a premium for their efforts.  

Plus the fact that it's an auction, we could see some seriously crazy shit happen.  Overpaying like crazy to drive the price up for a massive bubble, and it's likely whoever wins has massive amounts of Bitcoins already, so the chance they'll dump all-out to fiat is low; anyone heavily vested in Bitcoin wins from that auction.

On the flipside, let's say the FBI under-prices them at $300-$400?  They could negatively influence Bitcoin's price & viability, at the expense of cash (and as I write that last part it seems ridiculous for them to give up millions to try and dismantle something they should know they can't dismantle with just a few million dollars).
Activity: 10
June 27, 2014, 02:33:15 AM
The bidders obviously know the value of bitcoin is far higher than it's current price. Not a single one of them is going to say "Damn BTC is going for $700...I'm out". They know the MASSIVE heights that bitcoin can very easily reach in the not so distant future. These guys have money to burn. They're not going to be pinching pennies here. I think we'll see a pretty high price. And that could trigger the boom...or it could do nothing at all. But I don't think so.
Activity: 350
Merit: 253
June 27, 2014, 02:30:11 AM
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
June 27, 2014, 02:28:02 AM
Wow you're an optimistic one! It's not farfetched that some of the bids might be above market price, but no one is going to bid significantly higher. If the public learns that one purchaser decided to pay $200 over current market price, well, they're probably going to just think that purchaser is crazy. There are plenty of off-exchange methods for buying coins without moving markets.

But just to entertain your idea, there are only 16,000 BTC up for sale on Bitstamp. Therefore, a 30,000 BTC market order would push the price up over 5k! However, this impossible scenario would be followed with a swift and mighty correction.
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
June 27, 2014, 02:24:38 AM
in your dreams. It will probably sell for way less. I dare you to bet on betmoose if youre so confident.
Ignore this bear.

It makes far more sense for the coins to sell above the market value, rather than below
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
June 27, 2014, 02:23:47 AM
in your dreams. It will probably sell for way less. I dare you to bet on betmoose if youre so confident.
Activity: 53
June 27, 2014, 02:19:03 AM
Pages:
Jump to: