Author

Topic: . - page 104. (Read 491737 times)

Activity: 412
Merit: 251
March 13, 2015, 06:05:34 PM
I hope you can make it like the new webpage.

That's the grand plan. Hopefully I'll get it as integrated as the rest o the site. In the meantime, join the official Horizon group on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/NHZOfficial/ to keep updated with developments. You can also post there if you need help and you normally get a quick reply.

Dont have fb and dont like it. I prefer to follow via forum. Well, Ive been already following for 4 months now. I believe HZ has a bright future as DEV team continue to work.
March 13, 2015, 03:58:51 PM
Coinerz just brought up the re-vamped explorer online.
Looks great! Check it out here: https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/

I liked it also. Very good design. Accounts page just seemed  a little bit unusual. Ive used to see all accounts in one page.
By the way , when the forums will be open again?

Hello, thanks for your comments about the new block explorer. In regards to the forums, I need to transfer the data from the old forum system to the new one, so it's realistically going to be a few more days. It's the next thing on my todo list though.

Thanks for the quick reply. Keep up the good work. Old forum design was not so good. I hope you can make it like the new webpage.
March 13, 2015, 03:43:22 PM

I liked it also. Very good design. Accounts page just seemed  a little bit unusual. Ive used to see all accounts in one page.
By the way , when the forums will be open again?
legendary
Activity: 971
Merit: 1000
March 13, 2015, 03:23:12 PM
legendary
Activity: 924
March 13, 2015, 02:47:00 PM
Panic sales. People taking profit from since they got in at 50-80 sat.

Profit-taking, in other words.

I first encountered Bitcoin in 2011 but choked because I got skeered about keystroke malware. (Even if I had set up a cold wallet, I still needed to heat it up to sell or transfer any BTC.) Of course, I've had the "I woulda been a multimillionaire" fantasies....

But I know that they're fantasies because I was too quick on the sell trigger (in the stock market) back then: too much of a "bird in the hand" guy at that time. If I had taken the plunge in '11, I most likely would have sold out when I could've banked a double and got left behind. So I know the "BTC millionaire" fantasy is precisely that.

Fact is, it takes some - well, stubbornness - to HODL for the long term. Some people have that, but many don't. I had to learn it the hard way.

But once you do learn it, you can look at the current price & either yawn or look for a buying opportunity. And let the profit-takers take their profits. Wink
legendary
March 13, 2015, 02:39:24 PM
Whats up with these dumps?

Buying opportunity, if you're so inclined. Test of your HODL strength if you're not inclined to buy more. Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
March 13, 2015, 02:09:30 PM
I'm not panicking just yet Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
March 13, 2015, 11:32:08 AM

I grabbed more under 150 feeling pretty good about it

Panic sales. People taking profit from since they got in at 50-80 sat.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
March 13, 2015, 11:29:20 AM

I grabbed more under 150 feeling pretty good about it
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
March 13, 2015, 10:42:09 AM
Activity: 27
March 12, 2015, 11:28:00 PM

With leasing you are combining your balance with other peoples balances in a pool, and as that pool forges blocks, you are paid out a % of the forging fees which are accumulated. The % you are paid out is based on the % that you contribute to the pool.
You can choose how long you want to rent out your balance for, yes. 1440 blocks = 24 hours (on average)
You aren't charging the pool to use your balance though.
You still have access to your coins while your balance is leased. You can withdraw or deposit at will, so they arne't locked when you are leasing.
[/quote]

ok, Thank You for the explanation.. I understand now.  Sounds like leasing is a good deal. 
I know you guys are very busy and I appreciate what you are doing. 
Thank You for your efforts and keep up the good work.
legendary
Activity: 971
March 12, 2015, 10:45:00 PM

This won't affect forging. Though, if you have a small balance, I suggest leasing your balance to a pool for pooled forging to increase your chances of forging blocks and receiving additional HZ.
[/quote]

please forgive my ignorance.. I cannot figure out how to go about leasing .. could you provide a link that explains the process?  Thank You
[/quote]

Tutorial: How to lease your account balance for pooled forging
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syl_338WzlE
[/quote]

Ok, I found where to lease.. However I have a question.  What are the terms of the lease?  and am I able to offer it out at a certain price and time?

Thank You
[/quote]

With leasing you are combining your balance with other peoples balances in a pool, and as that pool forges blocks, you are paid out a % of the forging fees which are accumulated. The % you are paid out is based on the % that you contribute to the pool.
You can choose how long you want to rent out your balance for, yes. 1440 blocks = 24 hours (on average)
You aren't charging the pool to use your balance though.
You still have access to your coins while your balance is leased. You can withdraw or deposit at will, so they arne't locked when you are leasing.
March 12, 2015, 09:53:58 PM

[/quote]

This won't affect forging. Though, if you have a small balance, I suggest leasing your balance to a pool for pooled forging to increase your chances of forging blocks and receiving additional HZ.
[/quote]

please forgive my ignorance.. I cannot figure out how to go about leasing .. could you provide a link that explains the process?  Thank You
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, I found where to lease.. However I have a question.  What are the terms of the lease?  and am I able to offer it out at a certain price and time?

Thank You
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
March 12, 2015, 06:02:56 PM

'xactly what i was looking for....thanks!
legendary
March 12, 2015, 05:54:38 PM
This coin is such a steal... Excited about these future projects!

where i can buy coins please?  Grin

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_hz
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
March 12, 2015, 05:48:56 PM
This coin is such a steal... Excited about these future projects!

where i can buy coins please?  Grin
Activity: 601
Merit: 500
March 12, 2015, 05:37:20 PM
- Can't send HZ to any account without a public key on the block chain.  Specifying the public key on the "Send" window does not help, results in "Invalid Request" error.  Attempted to send to the same account through the API page (localhost:7776/test) and the same error is reported.  Could only send coins to the new account through the API without specifying the public key.

For me it worked (at least for the first time the public key field was visible)

Additional issues (Send Horizon form):
- For some recipient accounts given by an alias a wrong error message appears.
Example: Alias "BlockNET"
"The alias links to account NHZ-VH5U-68PS-HR2W-B26NY. The recipient account is an unknown account, meaning it has never had an incoming or outgoing transaction. To submit this request you must supply the recipient public key also. The alias was last adjusted on 21/11/2014 20:25:01."

- Aliases with whitespaces or special character are not allowed:
Example: Alias "escrow@poloniex" or "poloniex 2"
"THE RECIPIENT ACCOUNT IS MALFORMED, PLEASE ADJUST."
legendary
March 12, 2015, 04:50:31 PM

March 12, 2015, 04:19:10 PM

please forgive my ignorance.. I cannot figure out how to go about leasing .. could you provide a link that explains the process?  Thank You
legendary
March 12, 2015, 04:08:57 PM
I can see the moon on the horizon,
Soon we will be flying through the skies,
I can see the stars in view,
Clouds clearing,
As the value starts to rise..

Great. How about a daily poem  Cheesy

btw is there some HZ signature? Don't have a campaign so can paste it in for awhile.
Jump to: