Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 34. (Read 491736 times)

Activity: 575
Merit: 502
November 20, 2015, 06:31:08 AM
Two things about new release.

1. Why someone who knows my HZ Address or account alias can see my account balance and other statistics? Please disbale it for security reasons
2. Something is wrong. I complete download blokchain, but my account balance and other information not showing up
3> sometimes when i try to login i get: Plugins are disabled for this account. This behaviour can be changed in the settings.
4. Sometimes i login without problem

Java 8, Debian 8

1) A block explorer also shows everything about your account. The blockchain is a public distributed ledger. Every node must see your account information, all transactions, ... to verify and accept them. You can not hide your balance. Now it is more transparent that everything is public visible.
2) Please check the blockchain height. Is the download really finished? Account typo? Does the dashboard show up any transactions?
3) new plugin system. You have to enable it by yourself because every plugin has full access to your browser page and therefore probably access to your secret when you type it.
4) no plugin message? Do you use iceweasel, konqueror or chromium as browser? 

Activity: 355
Merit: 250
November 20, 2015, 04:03:55 AM
Two things about new release.

1. Why someone who knows my HZ Address or account alias can see my account balance and other statistics? Please disbale it for security reasons
2. Something is wrong. I complete download blokchain, but my account balance and other information not showing up
3> sometimes when i try to login i get: Plugins are disabled for this account. This behaviour can be changed in the settings.
4. Sometimes i login without problem

Java 8, Debian 8
Activity: 422
Meow
November 20, 2015, 12:28:52 AM
Everyone who installed the leaked version 5.2-rc3 must update before block 500000.
We are at block 500099...

Then anyone using the old version better update.  Wink

I don't see a link to version 5.2 in the OP, and the wallet downloads on the website link to v4.0e: https://horizonplatform.io/get-started/wallets/

Is the 5.2 release ready for the public, or is it not yet stable? If it's stable then please make it easier to find. Thanks!

https://github.com/NeXTHorizon/hz-source/releases

Thanks - I installed 5.2 and it looks good! The HZ node checker - https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=nodecheck - shows my node as online and eligible for the node bounty.
November 19, 2015, 10:11:14 PM
Everyone who installed the leaked version 5.2-rc3 must update before block 500000.

I don't see a link to version 5.2 in the OP, and the wallet downloads on the website link to v4.0e: https://horizonplatform.io/get-started/wallets/

Is the 5.2 release ready for the public, or is it not yet stable? If it's stable then please make it easier to find. Thanks!

https://github.com/NeXTHorizon/hz-source/releases
November 19, 2015, 10:03:11 PM
5.2 nodes are recognized and get paid by the node bounty script.
Please upgrade
Activity: 199
Merit: 102
November 19, 2015, 05:29:16 PM
Congratulations on this release, which seems to be working well.

I've updated the forging pool at http://nhz.coin.emergate.net:8810
Activity: 422
Meow
November 19, 2015, 12:07:16 PM

legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
November 18, 2015, 10:16:56 AM
This update will force a hard fork at block # 515,000

AltSheets ChainCountDown (CCD) Image Server
(feel free to include this into your website, you can adapt colors & sizes & font):

AUTO-GENERATED! Infos: Click pic. CCD is Open Source & GiveBack License!

If you like this ... show it:
http://altsheets.ddns.net/give/ e.g.

HZ:     NHZ-Q675-SGBG-LQ43-D38L6     or
BTC  1Ek9McNmXwQgDnkzE9J6pjCPWEiihhL83n

Thanks  Wink
Activity: 423
November 18, 2015, 07:42:06 AM
Long: When the funds are empty Smiley Node bounty and stakeholder bounty are the two accounts holding the rest, and both bounties will be paid until the end. If one account runs dry before the other, some HZ are moved over.

Short: Estimatedly some time around the end of the year.
Activity: 405
November 17, 2015, 08:10:58 PM
When does the node bounty distribution end?
legendary
Activity: 971
Merit: 1000
November 17, 2015, 08:01:35 PM

Activity: 734
Merit: 109
November 17, 2015, 07:34:48 PM
legendary
Activity: 971
November 17, 2015, 07:29:55 PM
legendary
Activity: 924
November 17, 2015, 05:55:45 PM
Again, not necessarily. HZ is a toolkit, and a low token price helps to issue assets or currencies and send them around, or cast votes. Assets and coins don't need to be tradable, for coins it's even possible to disallow it.
The only one who needs a high price and liquidity is someone who wants to sell a bunch, for example crowdfunders.

Yes, that's right. A low price is no deterrent at all to many projects: crowdfunding is one of the few.
legendary
Activity: 924
November 17, 2015, 05:52:42 PM
At long last, the next client update is available for the public!
We have also added a .exe installer to make installing Horizon less of a technical hassle. Also, keep in mind that the latest version of Horizon will require you to update to Java 8.

Please note that the installer does include JRE8 in it! Smiley

Thanks a lot!! And I'd also like to publicly thank MaWo for all his hard and meticulous work.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
November 17, 2015, 04:14:41 PM
if you are into price rising over technology, i would suggest looking into one of the 1500 different other shitcoins you can make a quick buck off of.

so says the one with 200x 1broker.com under your quote
get real and start living in the real world
November 17, 2015, 03:57:35 PM
if Assets and coins don't need to be tradable how do i buy asset or coin or sell ??

bitnation uses hz for services so how do bitnation users get hz ??

folk want need higher price for more purchasing power in the future??

i did read in the slack that the hz foundation wants higher price or they go bust ?

Current Bitnation services are centralized and the fees are paid by Bitnation.

When users of a service need HZ, a low price makes it easy for the service provider to hand them out. Deals can be made on a website, an asset can be bought with fiat for example.

When the foundation pays out something of course a high price is better, because the funds will hold longer. Going bust is far away no matter what, the only regular expense is the hosting. Nothing else has been paid out so far (edit: one translation comes to my mind, just peanuts), and there's no one working on something he wants to claim a bounty for afaik. If we'd keep it like that and cover only the current hosting, we're good for about 10 years right now. And we will move to a cheaper server when distribution is finished.

A higher price could help to bring in more devs to work on the core, but in the current situation services and adoption seem a lot more important to me than new features.
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
November 17, 2015, 03:26:25 PM
if you are into price rising over technology, i would suggest looking into one of the 1500 different other shitcoins you can make a quick buck off of.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
November 17, 2015, 02:53:09 PM
getting more people involved and using the platform will need the price to go up alot

Not necessarily. There are a lot of use cases where the price of HZ doesn't matter, and even some where a low price is favorable.

Liquidity is the major factor, more so than price. I would think that most use cases of HZ would require being able to exchange back and forth between other currencies/tokens with ease and minimal slippage.

Again, not necessarily. HZ is a toolkit, and a low token price helps to issue assets or currencies and send them around, or cast votes. Assets and coins don't need to be tradable, for coins it's even possible to disallow it.
The only one who needs a high price and liquidity is someone who wants to sell a bunch, for example crowdfunders. There are at least two external projects in the making that I'm aware of, where an asset/coin will not be created to be traded on an exchange. Bitnation and E-Estonia also don't offer monetary services (yet), but they use the blockchain for transactions.

Of course liquidity IS an issue, but one that's also being worked on (i heard...)
if Assets and coins don't need to be tradable how do i buy asset or coin or sell ??

bitnation uses hz for services so how do bitnation users get hz ??

folk want need higher price for more purchasing power in the future??

i did read in the slack that the hz foundation wants higher price or they go bust ?
November 17, 2015, 02:17:22 PM
getting more people involved and using the platform will need the price to go up alot

Not necessarily. There are a lot of use cases where the price of HZ doesn't matter, and even some where a low price is favorable.

Liquidity is the major factor, more so than price. I would think that most use cases of HZ would require being able to exchange back and forth between other currencies/tokens with ease and minimal slippage.

The only one who needs a high price and liquidity is someone who wants to sell a bunch, for example crowdfunders. There are at least two external projects in the making that I'm aware of, where an asset/coin will not be created to be traded on an exchange. Bitnation and E-Estonia also don't offer monetary services (yet), but they use the blockchain for transactions.

Of course liquidity IS an issue, but one that's also being worked on (i heard...)
Pages:
Jump to: