Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 35. (Read 491736 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
November 17, 2015, 01:40:13 PM
getting more people involved and using the platform will need the price to go up alot

Not necessarily. There are a lot of use cases where the price of HZ doesn't matter, and even some where a low price is favorable.

Liquidity is the major factor, more so than price. I would think that most use cases of HZ would require being able to exchange back and forth between other currencies/tokens with ease and minimal slippage.

Liquidity means bigger market cap hz cant go much lower so needs bigger price move up
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 17, 2015, 01:24:36 PM
getting more people involved and using the platform will need the price to go up alot

Not necessarily. There are a lot of use cases where the price of HZ doesn't matter, and even some where a low price is favorable.

Liquidity is the major factor, more so than price. I would think that most use cases of HZ would require being able to exchange back and forth between other currencies/tokens with ease and minimal slippage.
November 17, 2015, 01:11:42 PM

but it does help for higher price
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
November 17, 2015, 01:00:49 PM

November 17, 2015, 12:27:29 PM
At long last, the next client update is available for the public!
We have also added a .exe installer to make installing Horizon less of a technical hassle. Also, keep in mind that the latest version of Horizon will require you to update to Java 8.

Please note that the installer does include JRE8 in it! Smiley

This update will force a hard fork at block # 515,000
You will also need to update your nodes by this block to the current version to continue receiving bounties as long as distribution continues.

We have a lot of other projects and news that will be dropping in the coming weeks to follow, so stay tuned to see what we have been working on all this time, and  will be rolling out next. It's been a long time in the making, and we are very excited to finally release them to the public and focus on the next chapter for Horizon.

With distribution near completion, our focus moving forward for Horizon will be getting more people involved and using the platform, with an emphasis on the foundation that was set up a couple months back. We will continue to update the client, but our focus now turns to getting more people involved, and exposure for the platform. The platform infrastructure, and long standing reputation of the project will serve as a basis for further asset development and new partnerships with businesses to take Horizon to the mainstream public.

Thanks to everyone who has stuck around over the past year. Join us while we take the next step in the blockchain revolution.

You can download it here: https://github.com/NeXTHorizon/hz-source/releases/tag/hz-v5.2

legendary
Activity: 971
Merit: 1000
November 17, 2015, 10:38:02 AM
If I'll start using 5.2 now, will I get node bounty or it is mandatory only after 515000 block?

You can use your old nodes up until block # 515,000

I believe the script has been updated for 5.2, but let me get confirmation from CBKR.
In the meantime, you can use your nodes with the current version you are running them on until then! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
November 17, 2015, 10:35:24 AM
If I'll start using 5.2 now, will I get node bounty or it is mandatory only after 515000 block?
Activity: 734
Merit: 109
November 17, 2015, 10:23:57 AM
Fine. Thank you Smiley
legendary
November 17, 2015, 10:08:02 AM
At long last, the next client update is available for the public!
We have also added a .exe installer to make installing Horizon less of a technical hassle. Also, keep in mind that the latest version of Horizon will require you to update to Java 8.

Please note that the installer does include JRE8 in it! Smiley

This update will force a hard fork at block # 515,000
You will also need to update your nodes by this block to the current version to continue receiving bounties as long as distribution continues.

We have a lot of other projects and news that will be dropping in the coming weeks to follow, so stay tuned to see what we have been working on all this time, and  will be rolling out next. It's been a long time in the making, and we are very excited to finally release them to the public and focus on the next chapter for Horizon.

With distribution near completion, our focus moving forward for Horizon will be getting more people involved and using the platform, with an emphasis on the foundation that was set up a couple months back. We will continue to update the client, but our focus now turns to getting more people involved, and exposure for the platform. The platform infrastructure, and long standing reputation of the project will serve as a basis for further asset development and new partnerships with businesses to take Horizon to the mainstream public.

Thanks to everyone who has stuck around over the past year. Join us while we take the next step in the blockchain revolution.

You can download it here: https://github.com/NeXTHorizon/hz-source/releases/tag/hz-v5.2
legendary
November 17, 2015, 09:28:27 AM
about every 2nd node received no payment today  Sad
Where is the source of this script? Is it open-source?
("Fair Distribution" => should be open-source...)

It was created by CBKR and is not open source as it is unique to Horizon for distribution.

I think - it is buggy. Please publish it as open-source (without private keys!). Github preferred. We (the HZ community) can review it, and correct, if it is open-source.
Recently is the "bounties" rather a gambling, and not a "fair distribution".

I think also - this bug does not depend on NRS Version, what the Node uses. It is simple bug(s) in script.
I would like to help... But without source?

I disagree with you here. We have over 1.5 years of records of a fair distribution model, and any issue that has come up with the nodes has always been resolved. CBKR has stated several times that he did not wish to make that code public, and nor myself or anyone else will push him to do so. If he wants to make it open source, that will be his decision.
I will forward him along this conversation, and he can come to his own decision. 
It is possible there is a bug, as there have been in the past which were resolved.
November 17, 2015, 08:46:00 AM

It was created by CBKR and is not open source as it is unique to Horizon for distribution.

I think - it is buggy. Please publish it as open-source (without private keys!). Github preferred. We (the HZ community) can review it, and correct, if it is open-source.
Recently is the "bounties" rather a gambling, and not a "fair distribution".

I think also - this bug does not depend on NRS Version, what the Node uses. It is simple bug(s) in script.
I would like to help... But without source?
legendary
November 17, 2015, 07:37:33 AM

What version are they running?
legendary
November 17, 2015, 07:37:14 AM

November 17, 2015, 04:53:56 AM
Activity: 601
Merit: 500
November 17, 2015, 02:17:18 AM
legendary
November 17, 2015, 12:26:14 AM
It is very close for a wide release, yes. We have not pasted it around yet, as we are taking a fine comb through a couple things.  Smiley
November 16, 2015, 08:56:06 PM
Will node checker recognize v5.2 and node bounties will be paid for nodes running 5.2?

Once it is released, yes.

I think it is released. You can pull it from github, and it works. I forged some HZ with it - you can see it:

legendary
November 16, 2015, 07:12:16 PM
Will node checker recognize v5.2 and node bounties will be paid for nodes running 5.2?

Once it is released, yes.
November 16, 2015, 05:42:15 PM

I think it should be paid.
I become no bounties (one day), if I transfer some HZ to my account. (I think this is a bug in bot...)
If I made no transaction for a day - bounties will be payed...
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
November 16, 2015, 05:13:00 PM
Pages:
Jump to: