Activity: 341
Merit: 250
April 09, 2015, 01:25:17 PM
Hey !!

Is there a genesis account to HZ?
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
April 09, 2015, 12:42:12 PM
Really, can somebody either explain or give me a hint or a link on how Horizon/NXT Assets can be deleted after they are no longer valid?

I might start a very small experimental asset for some real life physical goods - but if one day the goods are sold, the asset holders should sell their asset shares back to me (for the value of the sold goods), and after they did, of course the shares have to be destroyed (because the goods can only be sold once). How do I do it?

Does it have something to do with the coloured coins like in this quote:?

...as the colored coins are turned in for services, they will be sent to a "burn" account and never used again, essentially removed from the supply and increasing the rarity.

And is there something in the NXT (HZ) system which can destroy obviously invalid, outdated assets? I asked this question before without any answer:

A question about assets:

There seem to be old assets in the system, e.g. assets for bets on the worldcup 2014. Will they stay there forever or is there a way to remove them?

I just want to understand it, or is this an unsolved problem in the system?

Thank you

P.S. Maybe I should look for the explanation on the NXT forum, not here...

You can send unused assets to genesis account. Just I don't ID of it. Maybe somebody from devs can write here ID of genesis account.

EDIT: Seems genesis account ID is NHZ-8HAA-H88W-UVT5-DUGLV. If yous send HZ or asset to it, they are gone forever.

NHZ-8HAA-H88W-UVT5-DUGLV is right, Account with alias genesis.

See:
https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=account&id=13675701959091502344

Good, thank you  Smiley at least this problem would be solved - though for a wider use, imho, there should be some option directly included in the asset handling or in the "issue asset" function (the newest NXT superNET wallet seemingly has some asset functions like automatic dividend distribution included, but no function like "delete assets"  as far as I understand it).

And the problem of "asset corpses" seems to remain. This will also be disturbing with more and more assets accumulating over the years...
Activity: 601
Merit: 500
April 09, 2015, 12:18:04 PM
Really, can somebody either explain or give me a hint or a link on how Horizon/NXT Assets can be deleted after they are no longer valid?

I might start a very small experimental asset for some real life physical goods - but if one day the goods are sold, the asset holders should sell their asset shares back to me (for the value of the sold goods), and after they did, of course the shares have to be destroyed (because the goods can only be sold once). How do I do it?

...as the colored coins are turned in for services, they will be sent to a "burn" account and never used again, essentially removed from the supply and increasing the rarity.

And is there something in the NXT (HZ) system which can destroy obviously invalid, outdated assets? I asked this question before without any answer:

A question about assets:

There seem to be old assets in the system, e.g. assets for bets on the worldcup 2014. Will they stay there forever or is there a way to remove them?

Thank you

You can send unused assets to genesis account. Just I don't ID of it. Maybe somebody from devs can write here ID of genesis account.

EDIT: Seems genesis account ID is NHZ-8HAA-H88W-UVT5-DUGLV. If yous send HZ or asset to it, they are gone forever.

NHZ-8HAA-H88W-UVT5-DUGLV is right, Account with alias genesis.

See:
https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=account&id=13675701959091502344
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
April 09, 2015, 12:03:14 PM

A question about assets:

Thank you

April 09, 2015, 11:12:34 AM

A question about assets:

Thank you

Activity: 279
April 09, 2015, 10:12:31 AM
Web wallet is undergoing some maintenance while we update it. Thank you for your patience.
In preparation of new features? new release? Dare I ask...
legendary
Activity: 971
Merit: 1000
April 08, 2015, 09:24:12 PM
Web wallet is undergoing some maintenance while we update it. Thank you for your patience.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
April 08, 2015, 09:06:09 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1610748235805154/

This is sort of a sneak peak or pre-annoucement, I have created a new service asset called HZchronos. The asset has been made but is not on sale yet, but the sale will start soon, likely once I have the logo for it and the last details finalized, days, not weeks. The purpose of the asset is for crypto promotions and advertising, as I run a large club of crypto fanatics, and have a fairly large google plus and twitter following of tech people. I go into a lot of detail in a new public group on Facebook, and I am trying to price this low enough so people can also trade for a decent profit, so you don't need to have a use for it to buy. It should have some speculative value, and will be one of the few assets in all of cryptos that is not a ponzi or scam, this is 100% legit.

17500 total units, and as the colored coins are turned in for services, they will be sent to a "burn" account and never used again, essentially removed from the supply and increasing the rarity. Feel free to check it out if you like for more detail, this will be a Trusted Asset like HZxchange.
Activity: 575
Merit: 502
April 08, 2015, 09:02:52 PM
There were some confusions about a HZ source code row in poloniex chat.
Code:
return Generator.verifyHit(hit, effectiveBalance, previousBlock, timestamp) || (this.getId().equals(6134843444354912879L));
https://github.com/NeXTHorizon/hz-source/blob/master/src/java/nhz/BlockImpl.java#L360

The id is a blockid and excludes the block 6134843444354912879 from a hit check. This is a bugfix to pass block height 236132.

It's documented in the commit statement
https://github.com/NeXTHorizon/hz-source/commit/c33c0106b039421a41a420687fff7daac801ad3e
Activity: 236
April 07, 2015, 08:23:13 PM
am testing the lottery use case ,which is side bets of Mark Six.

Mark Six (Chinese: 六合彩 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marksix) is a lottery betting organised by the Hong Kong Jockey Club(http://bet.hkjc.com/marksix/). Mark Six is a lottery style game where players guess what numbers will be drawn out of a lottery machine. The lottery machine is a transparent plastic cylinder which contains coloured balls numbered 1 to 49. The cylinder is rotated to provide randomisation in the drawing process. Each drawing occurs on 9:30PM (Hong Kong Time, GMT1:30PM) .The Mark Six draw is held three times a week (normally on the nights of Tuesday, Thursday and non-racing Saturday or Sunday) and is telecast live on TV.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
April 07, 2015, 05:30:47 PM
Hello,

Why my node return last payout 04 april ? :

Last Checked: 2015-04-07 21:02:49 | Last Payout: 2015-04-05 02:01:00
Total Uptime: 7620 mins | Upime Until Next Payout: -420 mins

I don't anything change   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
April 07, 2015, 04:58:36 PM
My preferred way to upgrade a vps is using git. I'm using screen to detach and reattach a terminal session.

initial:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/NeXTHorizon/hz-source.git
cd hz-source
./compile.sh
screen -S hzlive -L ./run.sh
CTRL-a d

upgrade to latest version:
Code:
git pull
./compile.sh
screen -rd hzlive
CTRL-C
screen -S hzlive -L ./run.sh

Very nice. Useful. I just did it that way. Works well, and is nicely short.

Two minor additions:

sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk -y        # (be)for(e) "initial"

Please mention the
https://github.com/NeXTHorizon/
as an official source, in the OP of this thread.

Thx.
Activity: 279
April 07, 2015, 01:45:49 PM
if it go back to 30 i will be happy to buy lot of thousand lol people selling under 100 are crazy Smiley

The whole assets thing is very undervalued because as I posted before most people just don't get it!! I think the price is extremely low but when you take the whole bitcoin/altcoin community and probably under 50% of them understand assets is the reason I believe this is still a very untouched market
I think quite a few are yet to distinguish between the Asset exchange and distributed exchange. I've seen a few comments from people here and there that the exchange is already released, some are talking about the D-ex token on the asset exchange, some about the asset exchange itself. Maybe time for some PR as I believe we're near release time.
Activity: 658
April 07, 2015, 01:19:34 PM
if it go back to 30 i will be happy to buy lot of thousand lol people selling under 100 are crazy Smiley

The whole assets thing is very undervalued because as I posted before most people just don't get it!! I think the price is extremely low but when you take the whole bitcoin/altcoin community and probably under 50% of them understand assets is the reason I believe this is still a very untouched market
Activity: 225
April 07, 2015, 01:04:57 PM
Activity: 700
April 07, 2015, 12:48:53 PM
HZX change asset at low price Smiley

Back down to 30 ?.
Activity: 225
April 07, 2015, 12:41:26 PM
HZX change asset at low price Smiley
Activity: 528
We are the ones we've been waiting for
April 06, 2015, 10:22:08 PM
Hopefully it'll keep rising Smiley
April 06, 2015, 07:20:13 AM
A question about assets:

Pages:
Jump to: