Pages:
Author

Topic: [0.1 Bounty Claimed] Please write a complete guide with screenshots on Gridseed (Read 11243 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
bros im spinning my head but cant make it work on windows.
i hope some good soul can help me. i have 10 units and windows 8

1. plugin, use zadig to install USB / uninstall everything, install driver of lastlighing and thn plugin [like on guide here]:
still i end like this:

link to image: https://i.imgur.com/FVG7ZHD.png

this are on ports 0-10 so right ones.

2. then i have:
cgminer-3-8-5-gridseed-windows - when i run it cgminer just dies [this is for BTC]

cpuminer-GC3355-win32-fixed-OC for LTC:

link to image: https://i.imgur.com/xfgNww4.png

what am i missing here? of course i can change COM to 3 4 5 6 - still error is same.

please help good people

Have you tried it without the zadig drivers? So scrypt only?
Yes, same question, try Scrypt first, and deinstall STMicroelectronics driver, you do not need the STMicroelectronicsdriver.
Whitout the STMicroelectronics driver iget them to work!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

1. plugin, use zadig to install USB / uninstall everything, install driver of lastlighing and thn plugin [like on guide here]:
still i end like this:

2. then i have:
cgminer-3-8-5-gridseed-windows - when i run it cgminer just dies [this is for BTC]

what am i missing here? of course i can change COM to 3 4 5 6 - still error is same.

please help good people

Have you tried it without the zadig drivers? So scrypt only?
Activity: 358
Merit: 255
Try the driver that's included with bfgminer.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!

still i end like this:

2. then i have:

please help good people
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
to me it never shows up STMicroelectronics Virtual COM port (COMXX)
but just STM Virutal COM port - im on windows8
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Its the golden version with an smt port (not the 210x)
And i tried 3 computer. OS was W XP/7/8
legendary
Same Problem as Zeta ...

Everything plugged in, Fan turning, Green LED Flashing

Spinning loud and clear  Grin  lights go on...there it stops.

To do List: replace the usb cable, replace the 12 volt 5 amp power supply.
Will report back in a view hours

Do you guys both have the gold heatsink units?

You could also try another USB port, I have heard some people had trouble with specific ports.
For me yes the Gold unit. Tried on 3 pc,`s: win 7 64, win 7 32 and XP SP3
Same Problem as Zeta ...

Spinning loud and clear  Grin  lights go on...there it stops.

Do you guys both have the gold heatsink units?

You could also try another USB port, I have heard some people had trouble with specific ports.
Interesting thing:

In BTC Mode CGMINER 3.8.5. is "working". I get a Hashrate and everything.
But there are no accepted or rejected shares. Instead I get a ton of LW (local work), 5000LW in 15min to be exact.

Hope this can help
legendary
Hi,
I am having troubles getting my miner up and running (scrypt only)

Ok, since your minerd does start sending work to the miner, it seems that the miner is recognized (so settings seem to be ok).

Have you checked the USB and power cable? Is the fan on the unit spinning?
Spinning loud and clear  Grin  lights go on...there it stops.

Same Problem as Zeta ...

Hi,

Ok, since your minerd does start sending work to the miner, it seems that the miner is recognized (so settings seem to be ok).

Have you checked the USB and power cable? Is the fan on the unit spinning?
legendary
Hi,
I have used the suggested mining softwarere from this blog http://cryptomining-blog.com/1165-download-cpuminer-for-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics-with-reduced-power-usage/

I get a error when i click on miner.exe, see picture below.

I i use the bat file it seems that the miner is working but i suspect no share`s are accepted, please see picture below.

I try to use more that one pool, multipool.us, megamultiepool
For that last pool this are my worker name and passw. stratum+tcp://scrypt.megamultipool.com:3335 worker naam is ZetaOS.dual2
I have changed the com poort to com2 using the STMicroelectronics Virtual Com Port, Port2 seems to be free, i have tried other ports as well, and ofcourse edit it in the miner.bat file.
Picture divicemanager comport 2 free

My bat file looks like this

Code:
minerd.exe --freq=650 --gc3355=COM2 -o stratum+tcp://scrypt.megamultipool.com:3353 -u ZetaOS.dual2 -p x

Also tryed this bat file settings

Code:
minerd.exe --freq=650 --gc3355=COM2 -o stratum+tcp://scrypt.megamultipool.com:3353 -u ZetaOS.dual2 -p x

Video whit the trouble i have
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhhDlJZT0ws
Sorry for my bad English, but as anyone have a clue what i am doing wrong here?
OK are are pictures of before in device manager and after in device manager when Zadig program is run and WINUSB is applied. Note that after STM32 is still in device manage but now listed under USB devices instead of com ports and it no longer has a com port assigned to it.

I i could figure out a way to assign a com port maybe I might be all set

And you can't just change it in properties I suppose?

I have the exact same issue, have you found a solution?

The solution was remembering the comport number before installing the zadig driver. Then use that comport.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
OK are are pictures of before in device manager and after in device manager when Zadig program is run and WINUSB is applied. Note that after STM32 is still in device manage but now listed under USB devices instead of com ports and it no longer has a com port assigned to it.
http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b609/louiemgallant/BeforeZadig_zpsd30804c3.jpg

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b609/louiemgallant/AfterZadig_zpsb3c4e6a5.jpg

I i could figure out a way to assign a com port maybe I might be all set

And you can't just change it in properties I suppose?

I have the exact same issue, have you found a solution?
Activity: 518
I am a meat Popsicle
OK so I tried dual mining at 850mhz on both sha and scrypt and I start to get a ton of red noonce on the scrypt, If I keep scrypt at 850 and reduce Sha to 800 or less the red noonce go away. So I currently have Sha at 750 ant scrypt at 850. I am getting 6GH/s sha and 360kh/s Scrypt. I feel this works best for me.
Activity: 518
I am a meat Popsicle
Ok so I found a link to a youtube video and followed the video's instructions and I got my single red finned gridseed to  dual mine. So if you are like me and had the STM32 Virtual driver instead of the other one finish reading this and watch the video. Now the key is you have to remember the com assigned to the miner before you apply the usb driver with zadig as this is still secretly the com port to use in cpu miner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjXu5BYjEHo&list=UUcqRbsp96-Z3BAu_oSG-TCA
I have my red gridseed now dual mining in windows gets 330kh/s scrypt and 6GH/s sha256. I also posted a picture of it dual mining alongside a couple of  antminer U1's. To do this you have to have the antminers unplugged, and when you run cgminer for the gridseed have hotplug set to 0 so it does not try to detect the antminers and crash. then after you gridseed is all running launch bfgminer for the antminers.
Activity: 378
I've found in my experience that running it with cpuminer (not controller) seems to work a whole lot better in linux than windows.  Just look in `dmesg` when you plug the usb in and it'll give you the comm (/dev/xxxUSBxxx) that was connected and just use that to start cpuminer with and just works, no configuration on port needed.

That sounds great! Linux,,I've always wanted to try it out. What things besides comm port assignment and config' does Linux do better where mining with GS5s goes?
Is it easy to install Linux on a partition of my current winxp or win7 hard drive?

I don't care if I'm using Windblow$ or not. I am from the good ol' days of DOS and I loved how fast it ran and how easy it was to use...oh the joy! Anyway, enlighten me on your experiences with Linux, if you would be so kind.
Thanks
Wolfey2014

Linux is a big topic.  There are a lot of guides around the web.

For most mining, it's about the same linux/window; but for gridseeds it was just easier in linux (for me atleast, I had problems with COM ports in windows). When plugged in, dmesg gives this:

Code:
[1170592.480023] usb 3-1: new full-speed USB device number 2 using uhci_hcd
[1170592.656033] usb 3-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0483, idProduct=5740
[1170592.656036] usb 3-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[1170592.656038] usb 3-1: Product: STM32 Virtual COM Port
[1170592.656040] usb 3-1: Manufacturer: STMicroelectronics
[1170592.656041] usb 3-1: SerialNumber: 8D8737965551
[1170608.388477] cdc_acm 3-1:1.0: This device cannot do calls on its own. It is not a modem.
[1170608.388558] cdc_acm 3-1:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

It shows up as ttyACM0 (some versions will show up as ttyUSB0)

Then I just build the cpuminer (fork provided by gridseed) and then just gave it the option from above:

Code:
--gc3355=/dev/ttyACM0

What about the spoon and knife? Smiley
What does 'fork' mean in geek speak?

That coding looks like more mother forking convolution to me Wink
I think I'll just stick with Windblow$ and keep the coding to a bare minimum.
My shyt's working just fine...for now - crossing fingers - Wink
Wolfey2014
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I've found in my experience that running it with cpuminer (not controller) seems to work a whole lot better in linux than windows.  Just look in `dmesg` when you plug the usb in and it'll give you the comm (/dev/xxxUSBxxx) that was connected and just use that to start cpuminer with and just works, no configuration on port needed.

That sounds great! Linux,,I've always wanted to try it out. What things besides comm port assignment and config' does Linux do better where mining with GS5s goes?
Is it easy to install Linux on a partition of my current winxp or win7 hard drive?

I don't care if I'm using Windblow$ or not. I am from the good ol' days of DOS and I loved how fast it ran and how easy it was to use...oh the joy! Anyway, enlighten me on your experiences with Linux, if you would be so kind.
Thanks
Wolfey2014

Linux is a big topic.  There are a lot of guides around the web.

For most mining, it's about the same linux/window; but for gridseeds it was just easier in linux (for me atleast, I had problems with COM ports in windows). When plugged in, dmesg gives this:

Code:
[1170592.480023] usb 3-1: new full-speed USB device number 2 using uhci_hcd
[1170592.656033] usb 3-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0483, idProduct=5740
[1170592.656036] usb 3-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[1170592.656038] usb 3-1: Product: STM32 Virtual COM Port
[1170592.656040] usb 3-1: Manufacturer: STMicroelectronics
[1170592.656041] usb 3-1: SerialNumber: 8D8737965551
[1170608.388477] cdc_acm 3-1:1.0: This device cannot do calls on its own. It is not a modem.
[1170608.388558] cdc_acm 3-1:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

It shows up as ttyACM0 (some versions will show up as ttyUSB0)

Then I just build the cpuminer (fork provided by gridseed) and then just gave it the option from above:

Code:
--gc3355=/dev/ttyACM0

Activity: 378

Thanks
Wolfey2014
Pages:
Jump to: