Pages:
Author

Topic: [0.1 Bounty Claimed] Please write a complete guide with screenshots on Gridseed - page 2. (Read 11240 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I've found in my experience that running it with cpuminer (not controller) seems to work a whole lot better in linux than windows.  Just look in `dmesg` when you plug the usb in and it'll give you the comm (/dev/xxxUSBxxx) that was connected and just use that to start cpuminer with and just works, no configuration on port needed.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
Using Com1 seems to let cpuminer detect the gridseed however when running, it is not solving any shares , see my screen grab below
I am a meat Popsicle

And you can't just change it in properties I suppose?
No below is all you have after Zadig

Activity: 420
OK are are pictures of before in device manager and after in device manager when Zadig program is run and WINUSB is applied. Note that after STM32 is still in device manage but now listed under USB devices instead of com ports and it no longer has a com port assigned to it.

I i could figure out a way to assign a com port maybe I might be all set

And you can't just change it in properties I suppose?
I am a meat Popsicle
OK are are pictures of before in device manager and after in device manager when Zadig program is run and WINUSB is applied. Note that after STM32 is still in device manage but now listed under USB devices instead of com ports and it no longer has a com port assigned to it.

I i could figure out a way to assign a com port maybe I might be all set

Are you sure the comport is right? I also had a DM from someone with the same error, in that case the usb port was faulty. So try a different port as well.
The USB port is fine. The PC is brand new build, The device worked before through the port before I switched this driver
To bring you up to speed, check the link below and read the comments:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1254-how-to-mine-both-btc-and-ltc-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asic/
I think he meant, in the batch file. You have to look in device manager for the COM port, and see what number it is assigned, and the put that in the batch file. I think that is what he means.

That is the problem when I istall the WINUSB, the device dissappears in my device manager along with the com port, check the link i posted up to. I have the newer version which is somewhat different then the one they used in their how to.

Sorry, I don't know the answer either. Maybe if I have time, I can try to test it. But if you don't have a COM port in your devicemanager, it makes sense that the minerd can not connect to a COM port.

Bounty SENT!

Thanks, I confirm that I've received 0.1 BTC Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Are you sure the comport is right? I also had a DM from someone with the same error, in that case the usb port was faulty. So try a different port as well.
The USB port is fine. The PC is brand new build, The device worked before through the port before I switched this driver
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1254-how-to-mine-both-btc-and-ltc-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asic/
I think he meant, in the batch file. You have to look in device manager for the COM port, and see what number it is assigned, and the put that in the batch file. I think that is what he means.

That is the problem when I istall the WINUSB, the device dissappears in my device manager along with the com port, check the link i posted up to. I have the newer version which is somewhat different then the one they used in their how to.

Sorry, I don't know the answer either. Maybe if I have time, I can try to test it. But if you don't have a COM port in your devicemanager, it makes sense that the minerd can not connect to a COM port.

Bounty SENT!

I am a meat Popsicle

Activity: 336
OK followed this, when I downloaded Zadig there was nothing in the drop down menu, i had to select list all devices, now STM32 virtual com port came up and I installed the driver. I am now mining BTC side but my Scrypt side now fails even with the --dual option added to the bat file!!!

I am a meat Popsicle
OK followed this, when I downloaded Zadig there was nothing in the drop down menu, i had to select list all devices, now STM32 virtual com port came up and I installed the driver. I am now mining BTC side but my Scrypt side now fails even with the --dual option added to the bat file!!!

Activity: 336
I figured it out I got a power supply with more AMP's hooked it up and its now mining Smiley
don't forget to use the updated minerd software, so if you only run in SCRYPT mode, you only use 1.0 amps....I am running one with  power supply that outputs 1.1 amps just fine....gonna see if it lets me mess w/ the freq at 1.1 amps power to the unit.

I am a meat Popsicle
I am a meat Popsicle
I have given up on the little board it freezes up my whole network when i try to access it almost all the time, have no idea why. cannot open any web pages and it just hangs when trying to access. Someone else gave me another option just need a little help there though.
They gave me a link to a version of cgminer that runs these
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1245-download-cgminer-3-8-5-for-windows-btc-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics/
But i need someone to explain to me how to do the following:
in order for this cgminer to detect your ASIC device you need to install a WinUSB driver over the virtual COM to USB driver
legendary
Activity: 986
Merit: 1000
Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!
Please post a guide with screenshots on how to install and run a 5 chip gridseed unit.

The best guide will receive a 0.1 BTC bounty. Thanks!

follow my post. you will get free guide.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lightningasic-usb-miners-based-gridseed-gc3355-tech-support-thread-477709
I am a meat Popsicle
take the controller and put it in a little box you do not need one.

use this link

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gridseed-5-chip-cells-466230

Download driver: Here (http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257938)
Extract file:
Run setup file

assign a com port to the machine
I understand I do not need one for scrypt only I have it running around 400 on my win64bit pc already but I would like to take advantage of its dual mining abilities which is not yet established in windows. On another note I have a red fin one and I did not need to install any drivers. I am running windows 7 64bit and it auto picked up the miner as soon as i plugged it in to a usb port. I have it running through my pc oc'd to 850 getting around 400Kh/s

It is worker 4, it is surpassing worker 2 which is an OC'd 7870 doing 400Kh/s on my end not pool end
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
take the controller and put it in a little box you do not need one.

use this link

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gridseed-5-chip-cells-466230

Download driver: Here (http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257938)
Extract file:
Run setup file

assign a com port to the machine
donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
Has anyone been able to get these to dual mine under windows

Apparently there is no CGminer compiled for windows for the 5 chip devices as of yet. So no?

I am a meat Popsicle
I need some help, I am going to smash this %$*(% wiibox controller I cannot get the damn thing to work. I can log into the page for it but it tells me No BTC equipment! and NO LTC equipment.

I have 5v power to the mini usb on it i have a powered hub connected to the large usb on it and I have a network cable connected to the back of my router on it. I have no idea why it has two network ports. and i do not know what the little button is for.
I and open a web page and see the crappy chinese webpage for the device and enter settings but it says No BTC equipment! and NO LTC equipment under each item. I have had the miner running scrypt fine directly under windows but I would like to take advantage of its dual mining abilities. This stupid piece of crap controller is starting to frustrate the shit out of me. Also what is the little jumper on it for.
Pages:
Jump to: