Pages:
Author

Topic: 0.2 FEE!!!! ? am i missing something? - page 4. (Read 12007 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
August 08, 2014, 08:10:44 PM
did i just lose a .2btc transaction because the fee was set at .2btc?

Aww man, I'm so sorry reading that!! Things can be confusing in advanced settings, yeah... Better just stick to the regular send-feature! I once almost screwed up with those long Bitcoin addresses. Mixed up a few numbers or letters. It was already pretty late and I was out partying!
FYI:  Bitcoin addresses have a built in "checksum" so if you type any digit incorrectly it will not be accepted as a valid Bitcoin address.  You would have to change and swap the letters and digits in a very non trivial way in order to accidently create another valid address - for all practical purposes it is impossible.  If you do manage to be lucky enough to mistype an address in such a way as to create a different valid address then you are so lucky you should be playing the lotto every chance you get.
The OP did not send funds to an invalid address, he gave way to much of a fee to the miner that confirmed his TX.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
August 08, 2014, 04:12:30 PM

Aww man, I'm so sorry reading that!! Things can be confusing in advanced settings, yeah... Better just stick to the regular send-feature! I once almost screwed up with those long Bitcoin addresses. Mixed up a few numbers or letters. It was already pretty late and I was out partying!
FYI:  Bitcoin addresses have a built in "checksum" so if you type any digit incorrectly it will not be accepted as a valid Bitcoin address.  You would have to change and swap the letters and digits in a very non trivial way in order to accidently create another valid address - for all practical purposes it is impossible.  If you do manage to be lucky enough to mistype an address in such a way as to create a different valid address then you are so lucky you should be playing the lotto every chance you get.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
August 08, 2014, 04:05:09 PM
Dude...it is 0.2BTC.  118.9USD.  Get a job, make the money back, and get on with your life.

Yeah most people waste 10 times more time on lost money than they would have with earning that money back...

There is currently a thread with >100 posts, where a girl has 1 "ONE" USD stuck.... hahaha

I wonder why that post just so happened to get all that extra attention. Tongue  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
August 08, 2014, 03:49:47 PM
12 pages for 0.2 BTC?.......
 Shocked
One day... someone will look at this like they do at the 100 000 BTC pizza and direct negative attributes your way Wink
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
August 08, 2014, 03:49:34 PM
 Shocked

I think that it is worth. I don't find that amount so small. If you do send some to me Wink
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
It's Not Enough
August 08, 2014, 03:41:51 PM
 Shocked
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Bling Bling
August 08, 2014, 03:28:17 PM

August 08, 2014, 03:18:00 PM
What if he is from some third world country and 120$ is huge amount to earn? I would just give up on my BTC if this kind of mistake happens to me.
If it was, he'd better read before clicking buttons.

Lol, you've nailed it Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
August 08, 2014, 01:10:06 PM
Dude...it is 0.2BTC.  118.9USD.  Get a job, make the money back, and get on with your life.

Yeah most people waste 10 times more time on lost money than they would have with earning that money back...

There is currently a thread with >100 posts, where a girl has 1 "ONE" USD stuck.... hahaha

You gotta be kidding me!!!!??? Where's this thread? Cheesy I mean it's a sad thing, but really it isn't that much money, people, don't waste your time worrying about the money, but rather work in order to earn it back or spend your times with something nice!

I want to see that thread,too.  Tongue

Btw OP,money you lost isn't such big it's easy to make it back with a job. Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Is there life on Mars?
August 08, 2014, 01:05:35 PM
Dude...it is 0.2BTC.  118.9USD.  Get a job, make the money back, and get on with your life.

You gotta be kidding me!!!!??? Where's this thread? Cheesy I mean it's a sad thing, but really it isn't that much money, people, don't waste your time worrying about the money, but rather work in order to earn it back or spend your times with something nice!
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
August 08, 2014, 01:03:05 PM
What if he is from some third world country and 120$ is huge amount to earn? I would just give up on my BTC if this kind of mistake happens to me.
If it was, he'd better read before clicking buttons.
August 08, 2014, 12:05:43 PM

Activity: 406
August 08, 2014, 11:12:34 AM

Activity: 434
August 08, 2014, 10:57:47 AM

oh it was very unusual, if they are not aware of the use fee?

is that true? or just a mere false?
Seems like true and it was OP's mistake.
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
August 08, 2014, 10:56:34 AM

oh it was very unusual, if they are not aware of the use fee?

is that true? or just a mere false?
Activity: 350
Merit: 294
August 08, 2014, 10:45:33 AM
Activity: 518
Trust me!
August 08, 2014, 09:37:37 AM
^^ Not a miner so I'm not certain about this but I thought all the pools held their miners details for security purposes? Not that this is one but I'm just saying they SHOULD know who's address it is.

I've never heard of a pool holding anyone's details and I don't think the address that got this tx fee is a pool anyhow.

What exactly do you mean by 'details'? It depends on what we are trying to figure out. It is relatively simple to find out which pool mined the block in question. Well, at least if it is a known address. Then you could go and ask the pool for a refund, complete with a signed message that proves you actually own the sending address. The rest is up to the pool operator and the pool's terms and conditions!
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
August 08, 2014, 09:34:36 AM
^^ Not a miner so I'm not certain about this but I thought all the pools held their miners details for security purposes? Not that this is one but I'm just saying they SHOULD know who's address it is.

I've never heard of a pool holding anyone's details and I don't think the address that got this tx fee is a pool anyhow.
Activity: 518
Trust me!
August 08, 2014, 09:33:50 AM
If there's one criticism I have of blockchain.info it's that you have to manually input the fee so I can see how this could happen. It should be autofilled with the suggested amount based on what transaction you're attempting to send.

Well basically every wallet in existence does exactly that. The only thing that could still be implemented in all the major wallets would be a warning that pops up when you type in a transaction fee that is unreasonably high or even degrees of magnitudes above the actually transmitted BTC amount!
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
August 08, 2014, 09:33:01 AM
Oh, really? I think I must've been using the custom send then. That's good then. I'll try do that next time  Cheesy.
Pages:
Jump to: