Pages:
Author

Topic: 1 bitcoin = 200k dollars - page 13. (Read 17399 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
April 19, 2016, 06:23:01 AM
But if the number of bitcoin users increases by 10 times, the price will be $40,000.
Why? Most bitcoin users own only a very small amount of bitcoin, more small users won't change the price much.
If investment funds start buying bitcoin it could go up a lot with only a few more users. Investment/pension funds is where the money is, and you need big buyers to make the price go up that fast.
I doubt this well happen anytime soon though. Besides, you don't need a fund to buy bitcoin, you can do that without the middleman.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
April 19, 2016, 04:14:40 AM
This thread speculation is taken from the pages of a sci-fi book. As far as I know Bitcoin will never reach $10.000 mark during our life time.
Don't get me wrong - I would love to see that amazing price grow, but please be more realistic about your assumptions of future BTC price.

Yeah that's right, though I am not losing hope, but after 2020, if $10,000 didn't happen, then I think the price would be staying this way for long, I love to see that price too, but with todays price movement, it would be even hard to reach $1000 by the year end... what more is the $200,000=1 bitcoin?

It is quite difficult for the bitcoin price to be $10,000 in 2020. But if the number of bitcoin users increases by 10 times, the price will be $40,000.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
April 04, 2016, 01:34:02 AM
This thread speculation is taken from the pages of a sci-fi book. As far as I know Bitcoin will never reach $10.000 mark during our life time.
Don't get me wrong - I would love to see that amazing price grow, but please be more realistic about your assumptions of future BTC price.

Yeah that's right, though I am not losing hope, but after 2020, if $10,000 didn't happen, then I think the price would be staying this way for long, I love to see that price too, but with todays price movement, it would be even hard to reach $1000 by the year end... what more is the $200,000=1 bitcoin?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
April 03, 2016, 06:55:34 AM
Something in the low to mid $xx,xxx range per Bitcoin would be possible in the best case scenario, anything higher is (almost) impossible.

If the dollar collapses, and the US has to borrow with bitcoin because nobody trust the USD, the bitcoin will be worth millions of dollars.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
April 03, 2016, 06:48:43 AM
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 03, 2016, 05:36:25 AM
1 bitcoin = 200k dollars? that's ridiculous.. we can't even cross the $500 this past months after the two big news dropped the price..If the price reaches that high, probably many of the hoarders would immediately dump their coins and the price would also automatically be dumped to a low price...So it might be possible, but might not be for a long time..
Yes, that's when Satoshi moves his stash... I think realistically around $1000 in 2-3 years, no more then that.

Well predicted, the price may move to $1000 when few years get rolled as indicated by above mate. Something growing to $200k is just imagination.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
April 02, 2016, 07:17:54 PM
Why not? let's say there are 20 million bitcoins in existence in the future, every bitcoin is 200k, then the total market cap is 4 trillion (4000 billion), this may seem like a lot but it's actually quite modest for a global payment network system... Smiley

I know right  Smiley You never realized that before  Wink

The dream!

I`ll have that face realistically when I`m buried into the ground by that time lol.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035
Bitcoin accepted here
April 02, 2016, 11:01:12 AM
Something in the low to mid $xx,xxx range per Bitcoin would be possible in the best case scenario, anything higher is (almost) impossible.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 02, 2016, 03:39:31 AM
This may never happen in the near future, but I predict Bitcoin at $500 by the end of 2016.
I just hope that the Bitcoin surge happens again (BTC@$1000 a few years ago) later on
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
April 02, 2016, 12:17:59 AM
1 bitcoin = 200k dollars? that's ridiculous.. we can't even cross the $500 this past months after the two big news dropped the price..If the price reaches that high, probably many of the hoarders would immediately dump their coins and the price would also automatically be dumped to a low price...So it might be possible, but might not be for a long time..
Yes, that's when Satoshi moves his stash... I think realistically around $1000 in 2-3 years, no more then that.
Activity: 266
April 02, 2016, 12:16:07 AM
Activity: 193
April 01, 2016, 08:03:58 AM
Its just unrealistic how people think this can let this happen the halving will maybe let the price go to a amount of 5000 dollar max.
But 200k is just going to far its unrealistic and will never be possible anytime soon.

the block halving won't even result in the price going to $1000 for what it seems. i advice to all people that it's better to wait till we reach $1000 first, before talking about insanely higher price levels. as you say, it's unrealistic.

The halving could just double the price to around $800 range. Then the block size increase could double it again.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
March 25, 2016, 03:25:00 AM
Bitcoin can not be that much worth. That is impossible, because you already know that the value will not rise that fast in the future.
I even think that it wont even rise after the halving, but many people are hoping for it and that is the bad thing.

Why not? OP has his computation on how it will happen.. But it is too futuristic and most probably is going to happen after this lifetime...Though the price would really increase, There is no way that it will happen very soon and be enough to be a payment network system that OP is thinking..
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
March 24, 2016, 03:02:01 PM
200k in dollars, I think people are joking around here, we will never com close to this number if I'm honest.
200k is just way too much for the bitcoin itself, I even think the max of the bitcoin price can be at its highest point ever be around 20k maybe.
But 200k its just too much and first the bitcoin still has to proof itself to people all over the world and it has to proof itself with the halving and the price that is upcoming.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
March 24, 2016, 01:06:01 PM
Bitcoin can not be that much worth. That is impossible, because you already know that the value will not rise that fast in the future.
I even think that it wont even rise after the halving, but many people are hoping for it and that is the bad thing.

Never say never my friend.
Just because you think this is not possible doesn't mean it won't happen sometime.
Derivates, bonds, stocks, real estate, precious metals... just to name a few sources where just 1% of each would be enough to give Bitcoin an incredible price increase.
legendary
Activity: 896
March 24, 2016, 12:52:39 PM
Its just unrealistic how people think this can let this happen the halving will maybe let the price go to a amount of 5000 dollar max.
But 200k is just going to far its unrealistic and will never be possible anytime soon.

the block halving won't even result in the price going to $1000 for what it seems. i advice to all people that it's better to wait till we reach $1000 first, before talking about insanely higher price levels. as you say, it's unrealistic.

you think we will have another mt.gox moment?

Where we saw the price sky rocket to $1k over few days. I mean its possible right? if a exchange does bad things.

it's definitely possibe, but at this point there isn't a second leading exchange as mtgox was back then. every exchange was following the price of mtgox. nowadays there isn't really a leading exchange anymore.
Activity: 344
March 24, 2016, 12:47:09 PM
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Forza Roma
March 24, 2016, 09:18:53 AM
That is a really high value mate. It will not happen that fast, but of course it will be possible, only you dont know how long it will takes.
And that is always with a currency, that you never know what is going to happen with it.
You can see now that the price is not even rising. So you must wait a very long time to see the value that high.
Activity: 196
March 23, 2016, 07:11:05 PM

you think we will have another mt.gox moment?

Where we saw the price sky rocket to $1k over few days. I mean its possible right? if a exchange does bad things.
Activity: 224
March 23, 2016, 06:58:37 PM
i believe it is surely possible to happen in like a couple years but not too soon as bitcoin is still in its first development years

i hope that bitcoin will not start losing its popularity and it will make people a lot of money by changing the financial system we have now
Pages:
Jump to: