Pages:
Author

Topic: $1000-2000 of BTC Loan (Read 3425 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
February 21, 2013, 08:59:15 PM
I lol'd at your American attitude and how you think the world revolves around the USD.

Here in the EU, goods are generally much more expensive. Check the UK amazon alternative and get back to me.. Wink

Maybe you should have asked for a loan in Euro then?  Your title indicates USD.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
February 21, 2013, 08:56:58 PM
I lol'd at your American attitude and how you think the world revolves around the USD.

Fine - you guys lol'd at each other.

You can lock the thread you know.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 21, 2013, 08:27:40 PM
If it helps I am looking for a loan of approx $1700 and the list price of this mac new is £1350 which is $1800.

That actually hurts you.  You could default, and it would be like you sold this laptop for cash - win win for you.  I doubt anyone could get $1700 from a used laptop.

If you are looking for a loan of $1700, provide collateral worth at least $2,500.  That way you have incentive to repay the loan, and not just walk away.

Ok. How much loan is this mac worth then?

$1200 brand new. Most used ones on eBay are $600.

With this as collateral, I (personally) would only loan about $300 in Bitcoins...

nothing but lol

Yeah, I lol'd too when I saw you paid $1800 for a $1300 device.

Straight from the Apple.com website...ssuurrvveeyyy says:
https://i.imgur.com/BxVqeIf.jpg

Here in the EU, goods are generally much more expensive. Check the UK amazon alternative and get back to me.. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
February 21, 2013, 08:14:28 PM
If it helps I am looking for a loan of approx $1700 and the list price of this mac new is £1350 which is $1800.

That actually hurts you.  You could default, and it would be like you sold this laptop for cash - win win for you.  I doubt anyone could get $1700 from a used laptop.

If you are looking for a loan of $1700, provide collateral worth at least $2,500.  That way you have incentive to repay the loan, and not just walk away.

With this as collateral, I (personally) would only loan about $300 in Bitcoins...

nothing but lol

Yeah, I lol'd too when I saw you paid $1800 for a $1300 device.

Straight from the Apple.com website...ssuurrvveeyyy says:

February 21, 2013, 06:28:34 PM
other crucial question is, are you loaning in dollar/euro or btc? Say I lend you 30 BTC, will you be paying back 30+ interest if BTC goes to $10 or to $100, or will you be paying the dollar equivalent? The laptops price will  be in dollar, so if the BTC price would collapse, your lender might be enticed to keep it. if the price goes through the roof, then you might want to forget about the laptop. And even if you'd want to keep your word, you might have a hard time paying back $3000.

Said it few times already. USD value, NOT btc.

Makes no sense to loan to you then.

Prices keep going up - you get all the profit and lender gets all the risk.   Undecided

Never mind. I think I will delete this thread. I have one potential offer with a bank transfer and will see how that pans out.

Oh and yh, keep dreaming that BTC is gonna keep soaring as it has been. Simple economics.
Vod
legendary
February 21, 2013, 06:25:16 PM
other crucial question is, are you loaning in dollar/euro or btc? Say I lend you 30 BTC, will you be paying back 30+ interest if BTC goes to $10 or to $100, or will you be paying the dollar equivalent? The laptops price will  be in dollar, so if the BTC price would collapse, your lender might be enticed to keep it. if the price goes through the roof, then you might want to forget about the laptop. And even if you'd want to keep your word, you might have a hard time paying back $3000.

Makes no sense to loan to you then.

Prices keep going up - you get all the profit and lender gets all the risk.   Undecided
February 21, 2013, 06:10:06 PM
other crucial question is, are you loaning in dollar/euro or btc? Say I lend you 30 BTC, will you be paying back 30+ interest if BTC goes to $10 or to $100, or will you be paying the dollar equivalent? The laptops price will  be in dollar, so if the BTC price would collapse, your lender might be enticed to keep it. if the price goes through the roof, then you might want to forget about the laptop. And even if you'd want to keep your word, you might have a hard time paying back $3000.

February 21, 2013, 06:08:43 PM

nothing but lol
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
February 21, 2013, 04:32:44 PM
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
February 21, 2013, 04:29:26 PM

February 21, 2013, 03:20:57 PM

Vod
legendary
February 21, 2013, 03:19:49 PM

That actually hurts you.  You could default, and it would be like you sold this laptop for cash - win win for you.  I doubt anyone could get $1700 from a used laptop.

If you are looking for a loan of $1700, provide collateral worth at least $2,500.  That way you have incentive to repay the loan, and not just walk away.
February 21, 2013, 03:05:59 PM

Why not sell it?

Definitely another option. I do love the mac though and kind of want to keep it. Im happy to put it on the line for a while, as a loan, as I know I can pay it back.
Thing about shelving it as collateral, will it be worth anything say if you defaulted halfway into the loan?
Sacrifice for your dreams, sell, sell sell!
[/quote]

I only plan for a short term loan. 1-2 months max. I doubt the mac will not be worth anything if I were to default. Smiley

KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
February 21, 2013, 03:01:23 PM

Why not sell it?

Definitely another option. I do love the mac though and kind of want to keep it. Im happy to put it on the line for a while, as a loan, as I know I can pay it back.
[/quote]
Thing about shelving it as collateral, will it be worth anything say if you defaulted halfway into the loan?
Sacrifice for your dreams, sell, sell sell!
February 21, 2013, 02:58:30 PM
Why not sell it?
[/quote]

Definitely another option. I do love the mac though and kind of want to keep it. Im happy to put it on the line for a while, as a loan, as I know I can pay it back. I do have another laptop to use which has an i7 process inside and I plan to use this one whilst the mac is MIA.
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
February 21, 2013, 02:56:53 PM
Is it because im willing to show pictures and proof of purchase? is that what makes this such a blatant scam?

*sarcasm*

See sig for reasons why.

Ok. Point made, I see where your coming from. Although I hope with these pics things are starting to add up.

Still nobody answered my question about whether the mac would be simply kept as collateral or is that whoever lends me the money is going to expect actually use the mac? Are there any TRUSTWORTHY members who are POTENTIALLY interested in helping?

Why not sell it?
February 21, 2013, 02:46:20 PM
Is it because im willing to show pictures and proof of purchase? is that what makes this such a blatant scam?

*sarcasm*

See sig for reasons why.

Ok. Point made, I see where your coming from. Although I hope with these pics things are starting to add up.

Still nobody answered my question about whether the mac would be simply kept as collateral or is that whoever lends me the money is going to expect actually use the mac? Are there any TRUSTWORTHY members who are POTENTIALLY interested in helping?
February 21, 2013, 02:41:17 PM
I can provide proof of purchase without a problem but not to any old random person.

Ok, that strikes me as odd.  What possible harm could there be by releasing a copy of the receipt?  Scratch out the first xx digits of the serial number, and any personal information (other than your name) that you don't want shown.  Then take a picture of the serial number of the computer, again blacking out the same first xx digits of the serial number.

I can do this. Will the invoice on amazon show serial number of the mac? I am not sure but will check now and print it.

Where exactly is the best place to show the serial no. on the actual mac air? Can this be done with a screenshot or a physical pic?
February 21, 2013, 02:37:38 PM
To be clear, are you willing to escrow the macbook (so sending it), or are you just promising it? If the latter, its fairly pointless Im afraid. If the former, you are rather brave, pick carefully. I would also suggest using escrow for the bitcoins, so that who ever lends you has to send the btc to the escrow first, then you send your mac, upon reception, have the bitcoins released to you. Do the same when you pay back the loan.

YES! Sending in escrow. I plan to do it just as you have described, if possible create a triangle so an admin or mod etc can overview the entire transaction. What good is promising it? That is why I said the right person can have the extra details necessary before we proceed.

Here is pic of the actual macbook air 13".

http://s15.postimage.org/5zahhtqqv/100_0421.jpg
Vod
legendary
February 21, 2013, 01:49:15 PM
I can provide proof of purchase without a problem but not to any old random person.

Ok, that strikes me as odd.  What possible harm could there be by releasing a copy of the receipt?  Scratch out the first xx digits of the serial number, and any personal information (other than your name) that you don't want shown.  Then take a picture of the serial number of the computer, again blacking out the same first xx digits of the serial number.

Pages:
Jump to: