Pages:
Author

Topic: $1000-2000 of BTC Loan - page 2. (Read 3428 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
February 21, 2013, 01:19:52 PM
To be clear, are you willing to escrow the macbook (so sending it), or are you just promising it? If the latter, its fairly pointless Im afraid. If the former, you are rather brave, pick carefully. I would also suggest using escrow for the bitcoins, so that who ever lends you has to send the btc to the escrow first, then you send your mac, upon reception, have the bitcoins released to you. Do the same when you pay back the loan.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
February 21, 2013, 01:12:09 PM
Is it because im willing to show pictures and proof of purchase? is that what makes this such a blatant scam?

*sarcasm*

See sig for reasons why.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 21, 2013, 01:11:12 PM
It really seems that most, if not all of you are simply here to claim scam...

Gosh, I can't imagine why...

Is it because im willing to show pictures and proof of purchase? is that what makes this such a blatant scam?

*sarcasm*
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
February 21, 2013, 01:10:26 PM
I really don't understand why you can't comprehend something as basic as taking a picture and uploading it.  You know how to buy/sell BTC and you can't figure this out?  Seriously.  This took me 2 min.  If I was looking for a loan I would post a picture of something I would be willing to send the person giving me the loan.  This item would have to be worth at least DOUBLE the amount of the loan.  You take a piece of paper and you write your name on it and put today's date on it and post it here.  Like this. 

Do not says it stolen without proof. I can provide proof of purchase without a problem but not to any old random person.

Photo as requested is coming up.

It really seems that most, if not all of you are simply here to claim scam...because many loan requests ARE scams.
[/b]
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
February 21, 2013, 01:09:32 PM
It really seems that most, if not all of you are simply here to claim scam...

Gosh, I can't imagine why...
February 21, 2013, 01:08:36 PM
I really don't understand why you can't comprehend something as basic as taking a picture and uploading it.  You know how to buy/sell BTC and you can't figure this out?  Seriously.  This took me 2 min.  If I was looking for a loan I would post a picture of something I would be willing to send the person giving me the loan.  This item would have to be worth at least DOUBLE the amount of the loan.  You take a piece of paper and you write your name on it and put today's date on it and post it here.  Like this.  

https://i.imgur.com/dpkTnlx.jpg

Do not says it stolen without proof. I can provide proof of purchase without a problem but not to any old random person.

Photo as requested is coming up. Sorry for the delay but some of us are busy in RL and have a life to take care of.

It really seems that most, if not all of you are simply here to claim scam. I hope i can find someone genuine to wor with although I am becoming more and more unsure of whether this is a viable route.
donator
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020
February 21, 2013, 12:54:33 PM
I really don't understand why you can't comprehend something as basic as taking a picture and uploading it.  You know how to buy/sell BTC and you can't figure this out?  Seriously.  This took me 2 min.  If I was looking for a loan I would post a picture of something I would be willing to send the person giving me the loan.  This item would have to be worth at least DOUBLE the amount of the loan.  You take a piece of paper and you write your name on it and put today's date on it and post it here.  Like this. 

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
February 21, 2013, 10:40:48 AM
I was challenged to provide proof. When I did you all went quiet.  Undecided

I would suspect it's stolen.  I would ask for a copy of the receipt with serial number matching that on the laptop.
February 21, 2013, 08:15:04 AM
I was challenged to provide proof. When I did you all went quiet.  Undecided
February 20, 2013, 08:44:18 PM

Yes, it does look the same from a glance. Storage is 256 flash.

I also have a "Western Digital 1TB My Passport Portable Hard Drive for Mac" and both the mac and HDD were purchased from Amazon roughly 4 months ago. I assume the mac would not be used whilst kept as collateral and just held onto? Will most lenders be happy to provide me with their full details etc?

This is the correct link from Amazon for the mac:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005EMLQ20/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the correct link from amazon for the hard drive:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0062795TM/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
February 20, 2013, 08:38:53 PM
February 20, 2013, 08:33:05 PM
http://s17.postimage.org/ijzc0a4ej/Screen_Shot_2013_02_21_at_01_29_52.jpg

Not sure how to get the screen image with the about mac details to show here so I uploaded it here:

EDIT: Managed to attach it here.

Sorry not managed to take the pictures yet but I can when necessary. I mean it sounds as though I will need to send the macbook air first while the BTC is in escrow (or at least I hope?)  and then when received the bitcoins will be released. So of course i can provide hard proof with pictures. I will only work with someone trusted, same characteristic you are trying to see if I have.

Plus, someone in the EU is definitely preferable.
February 20, 2013, 08:21:16 PM
What are the specs on the MacBook?  Model number, processor, screen size, graphics, memory, storage, software.

Post a screenshot of About This Mac --> More Info...

Just working out how to take a screenshot. 5 mins.
February 20, 2013, 08:20:23 PM
How many verification points out of 17 do you think will be necessary to secure a first time loan on there?

If you're serious about getting a loan, and paying it back, then maxing out our score is the best possible scenario for you to get a loan. Anything less than that you're certainly going to have a difficult time. When I invest in people there, the first thing I look for is how much they're willing to divulge about themselves and why they need the loan, not necessarily how many times they've created a loan and paid it back.

Yes, of course, you are right. The more points the better. 

I would be happy to verify identity, address, phone.
I do not want to submit a credit score with them for few reasons, even though my last credit score was 95-98/100 Smiley
Do not have linkedin, ebay or paypal account and not too keen to connect my FB.

Yes this only leaves me with 6/17 points. Assuming you were interested, what IYO is the min points required, and which ones, for you to lend $1400 to a first time borrower?

Thank you for your help.

Identity verification would help the most, I imagine. People want to make sure they can track you down if you default on the loan.

Out of curiosity, where did you get your last credit score? I've never seen one ranked on a scale of 100 before.

I normally break it down from a 1000.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
February 20, 2013, 08:07:17 PM
What are the specs on the MacBook?  Model number, processor, screen size, graphics, memory, storage, software.

Post a screenshot of About This Mac --> More Info...
Activity: 112
Merit: 16
February 20, 2013, 07:37:15 PM
How many verification points out of 17 do you think will be necessary to secure a first time loan on there?

If you're serious about getting a loan, and paying it back, then maxing out our score is the best possible scenario for you to get a loan. Anything less than that you're certainly going to have a difficult time. When I invest in people there, the first thing I look for is how much they're willing to divulge about themselves and why they need the loan, not necessarily how many times they've created a loan and paid it back.

I do not want to submit a credit score with them for few reasons, even though my last credit score was 95-98/100 Smiley

Yes this only leaves me with 6/17 points. Assuming you were interested, what IYO is the min points required, and which ones, for you to lend $1400 to a first time borrower?

Thank you for your help.

Identity verification would help the most, I imagine. People want to make sure they can track you down if you default on the loan.

Out of curiosity, where did you get your last credit score? I've never seen one ranked on a scale of 100 before.
February 20, 2013, 01:27:08 PM
6/17 points on btcjam will get you nothing.

Waiting for Macbook verification.

I will upload pics of my mac air 13" when I return home this evening.
donator
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020
February 20, 2013, 12:34:59 PM
6/17 points on btcjam will get you nothing.

Waiting for Macbook verification.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
February 20, 2013, 11:02:50 AM

Thank you for your help.

so are you going to verify you have a macbook or what?
February 20, 2013, 10:16:44 AM

Thank you for your help.

Pages:
Jump to: