Pages:
Author

Topic: [~1000 GH/sec] BTC Guild - 0% Fee Pool, LP, SSL, Full Precision, and More - page 9. (Read 379035 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Anyone can explain why when I mine on BTCGuild with my 5870@970/300 + 5750@890/300 Phoenix says that my hash rate is 420Mhs +175Mhs = 595Mhs, while my account page on BTCGuild says that I am around 490-500Mhs? Am I being scammed? Thanx  
You are paid for the number of shares you submit - which, although is somewhat related to your hash rate, there is no exact relationship, only an average expected one.

Simply check that the site share count matches your program's accepted share count (which it should)

Shares are also generated based on luck - on average you should expect to get one share per 4billion hash attempts (2^32) - but a share is equivalent to a block at difficulty=1 - thus the same rules about random probability come into getting a share as for blocks.

The web site does not know your computer hash rate, so it estimates it based on your shares that are submitted - which is sometimes higher and sometimes lower than your actual hash rate.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
Anyone can explain why when I mine on BTCGuild with my 5870@970/300 + 5750@890/300 Phoenix says that my hash rate is 420Mhs +175Mhs = 595Mhs, while my account page on BTCGuild says that I am around 490-500Mhs? Am I being scammed? Thanx 

No, the stats shown are estimated from your work submissions.  They are almost always lower than what your local client reports.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
What DiabloD3 said is absolutely correct. If you have a non-SSL'd element on you page, you might as well have not used SSL at all. It's that big of a security hole.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
Geez!

You might wish to remember who the moderator is for this part of the forum.
I hope when I hit Report to Moderator it went to the other mod for this subsection and also an Admin per the SMF documentation.

It goes to everyone who can moderate this board (all specified moderators, global mods, and admins).  And yea, I've also noticed how DiabloD3 acts like a giant dick whenever you disagree with him or have a conflicting opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author
Geez!

I hope when I hit Report to Moderator it went to the other mod for this subsection and also an Admin per the SMF documentation.

theymos has zero problems with how I moderate this board. If you have a problem with me having a problem with the pool I use having a problem with their security in the face of recent security problems then bring the problem up with theymos, and he will probably have a problem with you. Problem?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Geez!

legendary
DiabloMiner author
Geez!

legendary
DiabloMiner author
No, its related to the Google Ads that show up for people who don't donate.  The AdSense scripts are served over regular HTTP, not HTTPS since they don't have SSL support for AdSense.

Then disable it. Don't compromise the SSL session with stupidity.
I disagree.  You aren't compromising the secured traffic between you and BTC Guild.  Our main webpage has the same error because of a youtube video.  Youtube still hasn't added SSL support.  There are very complex methods to encapsulated a youtube video in your own flash player, but I decided not to spend 10 hours of time programming that because of a silly warning.  Plus, E needs to make money any way he can, his pool is donation only and I'm pretty sure he barely makes a profit after hosting costs.

What I said still applies. Don't include foreign elements on an SSL'ed page. Period.

I shouldn't have to be teaching security 101 to pool owners.
No, its related to the Google Ads that show up for people who don't donate.  The AdSense scripts are served over regular HTTP, not HTTPS since they don't have SSL support for AdSense.

I disagree.  You aren't compromising the secured traffic between you and BTC Guild.  Our main webpage has the same error because of a youtube video.  Youtube still hasn't added SSL support.  There are very complex methods to encapsulated a youtube video in your own flash player, but I decided not to spend 10 hours of time programming that because of a silly warning.  Plus, E needs to make money any way he can, his pool is donation only and I'm pretty sure he barely makes a profit after hosting costs.
legendary
DiabloMiner author

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
thevapebook.com
Is this something to worry about?

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Posting problems for the PPS server in both threads is fine at the moment, as long as people don't ask about proportional in the PPS Beta thread Smiley.

My response to the PPS outage:
The server crashed while I was asleep, the server ran out of memory and I had the swapfile turned off previously when it was the SC Guild secondary server.  This is why I have the disclaimer at the top saying make sure you've got a failover server!

Back up and running today.  When I get off work this afternoon I will be moving bitcoind off the PoolServerJ server so it can have more RAM available.  I've also added a script that polls the PoolServerJ stats once per minute.  That poll forces a garbage collection, so it should help with the RAM issues.  Right now the PPS Beta is running on a repurposed server, and its setup as an "all-in-one" (MySQL, Apache, Bitcoind, and PoolServerJ all run on the same server).
legendary
donator
Activity: 543
legendary
I can't connect to pps.btcguild.com, but btcguild.com is working fine.
Traceroute also not showing any problems.
What happened? Is my IP (range) banned?
Wrong thread Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.522960
donator
Activity: 543
I can't connect to pps.btcguild.com, but btcguild.com is working fine.
Traceroute also not showing any problems.
What happened? Is my IP (range) banned?
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I just got the weird idle notification ~30 minutes ago (3 PM Central Time).
It tells me all my miners have been idle for ~540 minutes. It's been sending out notices of all my miners being idle for ~540 minutes all day now.

I visited this thread to see if it is a common issue. I guess I'm not alone.

Pages:
Jump to: