Pages:
Author

Topic: [~1000 GH/sec] BTC Guild - 0% Fee Pool, LP, SSL, Full Precision, and More - page 5. (Read 379032 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Well i had this long rant typed out but i erased it.

I decided to come back to btcguild after a month of good sailing at deepbit.

I left btcguild because my miners were not getting work reliably as they should.
A month later, my miners are still not getting work as reliably as deepbit provides.

I see failed to connect errors, disconnected from server, work queue empty, etc...
More then deepbit ever gave me. Seriously.

I am a net eng. I actually control the full path of my packets right to my gigE connection
with level3 which carries my packets to the IP addresses btcguid.com resolves to in Germany.
I can detect a network problem. There aint one. No dropped packets via ping while i watch
miners go idle. The problem happens randomly to miners on different boxes, different cards, etc..

Things go well for an hour and then a couple of miners go idle.. get some work.. go idle.. get some
work.. go idle.. then finally stabilize again.

Something just ain't right. Am I the only one? I doubt it based on comments I read in other threads
over time.. and here is the same problem again. I was thinking it was due to new blocks being announced
with a slight delay but the timing is just not right and other miners chug right along.

I am about to switch back. Maybe other users can comment? Maybe the admin knows of the problem but
has decided this is as good as it gets?

I dunno.

I am having the exact same issue as you.  I use Phoenix with phatk2 for all my miners and there are 16 of them.  My donation is also set to 2.5%..... Sad

Does the pool operator know whats going on and is working on a fix?  i have actually sent a few emails to the support link on the website but have never received a reply....
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Looks like the attacks are dying down on all fronts.  This morning the pool was having up/down connectivity for about 50% of the pool [one node was overloaded from direct connections+sticky load balancing].

I don't think any pool op is ready to say its over and things are back up and running like usual, but things are looking much better right now.
much better!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
on phoenix i set it to -q 2
that reduces all the "waiting for works" though i get a few disconnects occasionally.
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
what miner are you using?

that was in my longer rant.

Quite recent poclbm and phoenix with recent guiminer on 3 different machines all windows 7 64 bit.
several cards mining at the moment. 4x5830, 1x5850, 2x6950.
i switched to deepbit already and it is rock solid. Have not seen a blip since switching
over the last hour. GPU usage graph stays pegged at 99-100%.

I really want to use btcguild. I even set my donation to 2.5% this time around. (I was cheap before).
But with all the idles/disconnects/cannot connect and what not I have to wonder if the real cost of using btcguild compared to deepbit is 4 plus percent if you consider lost BTC due to idles if most everyone else operates fine
and keeps throwing up shares while i get nothing.

I am almost positive this is not just happening to me. I have read in other threads of people saying
the same thing and have switched to other pools.

I use cgminer, and whenever there is a problem ("pool not providing work fast enough" for my measly 60MH/s) it automatically gets some work from my backup pool, so I don't get idles.
If you don't want to switch miners, you could always try the "different instance with lower priority on backup pool" trick to avoid idles. At least if you want to mine here bad enough... Wink
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
We'd love to have some extra miners while the issues here get resolved. 

sorry but that was lame.  Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

that was in my longer rant.

Quite recent poclbm and phoenix with recent guiminer on 3 different machines all windows 7 64 bit.
several cards mining at the moment. 4x5830, 1x5850, 2x6950.
i switched to deepbit already and it is rock solid. Have not seen a blip since switching
over the last hour. GPU usage graph stays pegged at 99-100%.

I really want to use btcguild. I even set my donation to 2.5% this time around. (I was cheap before).
But with all the idles/disconnects/cannot connect and what not I have to wonder if the real cost of using btcguild compared to deepbit is 4 plus percent if you consider lost BTC due to idles if most everyone else operates fine
and keeps throwing up shares while i get nothing.

I am almost positive this is not just happening to me. I have read in other threads of people saying
the same thing and have switched to other pools.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
Well i had this long rant typed out but i erased it.

I decided to come back to btcguild after a month of good sailing at deepbit.

I left btcguild because my miners were not getting work reliably as they should.
A month later, my miners are still not getting work as reliably as deepbit provides.

I see failed to connect errors, disconnected from server, work queue empty, etc...
More then deepbit ever gave me. Seriously.

I am a net eng. I actually control the full path of my packets right to my gigE connection
with level3 which carries my packets to the IP addresses btcguid.com resolves to in Germany.
I can detect a network problem. There aint one. No dropped packets via ping while i watch
miners go idle. The problem happens randomly to miners on different boxes, different cards, etc..

Things go well for an hour and then a couple of miners go idle.. get some work.. go idle.. get some
work.. go idle.. then finally stabilize again.

Something just ain't right. Am I the only one? I doubt it based on comments I read in other threads
over time.. and here is the same problem again. I was thinking it was due to new blocks being announced
with a slight delay but the timing is just not right and other miners chug right along.

I am about to switch back. Maybe other users can comment? Maybe the admin knows of the problem but
has decided this is as good as it gets?

I dunno.

donator
Activity: 446
Merit: 262
Interesting.
Confirmed Rewards seems to be ok now, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Looks like the attacks are dying down on all fronts.  This morning the pool was having up/down connectivity for about 50% of the pool [one node was overloaded from direct connections+sticky load balancing].

I don't think any pool op is ready to say its over and things are back up and running like usual, but things are looking much better right now.
Activity: 120
We'd love to have some extra miners while the issues here get resolved. 
legendary
Artificially lowering the difficulty is not really effective.  They have to extend the higher difficulty in order to force the next one lower, so it really isn't going to be this massive gain in profitability.

This is just a pissed off botnet, the same one that took us offline in July, and probably the same one that took all 3 major pools down back in June.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Maybe the DDoS on the pools is to spike the difficulty down in the last 100-200 blocks.

Though possible I don't think they are that dumb. It has had only a marginal effect on the time until next dif change. Bumped it up by a whole 6 hours from what it was. And it would be just as easy for that to have happened anyhows with a few long rounds from the large pools.  I think its more likely that they are jsut pissed they can't mine with a pre setup pool with their botnet and are nerd raging. One would think if they are smart enough to get all those bots to connect to a pool they could just make their own damn pool and leave everyone else alone. ;p
Activity: 630
Maybe the DDoS on the pools is to spike the difficulty down in the last 100-200 blocks.
Activity: 133
And now all 3 pool servers are down.  I have a few weaker machines I'm bringing up that will proxy connections to our backend.  If they go down I'm out of options until the attackers stop.

Looks like they hit Slush too.
legendary
And now all 3 pool servers are down.  I have a few weaker machines I'm bringing up that will proxy connections to our backend.  If they go down I'm out of options until the attackers stop.
how fucking annoying :|
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
Half a million infected machines is no script kiddie.  That's gotta be the granddaddy of all botnets hitting everyone right now.  And good job on the submission, yours is the only pool not being DDoSed into being down.

compiling a list with all those zombie pc's, like some providers have on tor nodes, and show them a warning on every fucking page they visit should get their attention and make some ppl format their malware bloated pc's. I'm curious if some fixed ip's could get notticed and some pc's investigated after an attack of such proportions...
Activity: 154
Half a million infected machines is no script kiddie.  That's gotta be the granddaddy of all botnets hitting everyone right now.  And good job on the submission, yours is the only pool not being DDoSed into being down.
Activity: 504
I don't think it is something you did.  Slush indicates his pool is under attack and deep bit users are indcating connectivity issues.

I'm referring to the fact that this all happened a few minutes after I posted that I had submitted a giant list of IPs that I had been collecting from the botnet miners the last few days.  Could very easily be the childish mentality of these "hackers":  "Oh yeah, well I'm going to take my ball and go home, but first I'm going to pop your ball."

Looks that way exactly. Can verify issues off and on connecting to you, Slush and deepbit..
Pages:
Jump to: