Pages:
Author

Topic: 105 Gh/s ASIC miner: Redhash by TAV. (Limited availability on eBay). - page 2. (Read 41983 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
 Grin Update:

Latest firmware cured hashing stalling issues. I happened to be looking at my pool web interface this morning when I noticed my Redhash had stopped accepting shares after 2 minutes but my BFL gear was still working well with the pool. So it wasn't a pool issue.

I logged into the redhash unit and it showed the pool dead but for the very time the failover worked and my second pool was hashing properly. At last at last  Cheesy. Of course still an issue that it thought my pool was dead. I did a hard reset and the pool redhash deemed dead was alive  Wink

I am going to set my power timer to cycle power every 12 hours just for good measure but at least the failover works now and hashing doesn't stop.

Should of the updated the firmware day 1 but bricking paranoia got the best of me.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Yes. Available in under two weeks and much much lower wattage: https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

Bitfury would be the same price as us ($20 per GH/s).

With the recent run-up in BTC price, you're no longer at $20 per GH/s.

Only if you pay in BTCs, the 25Gh/s board still costs $500.00.

the 25GH board easily overclocks to 35GH for most users
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net

Yes. Available in under two weeks and much much lower wattage: https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

14 btc * $150 / 105 GH/s = $20/GH/s
+ chips
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

14 btc * $150 / 105 GH/s = $20/GH/s
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

Only if you pay in BTCs, the 25Gh/s board still costs $500.00.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Threader: contact [email protected] Sounds like we need to replace your tp-link.

Hi MRB,

for now I saw a post on the Avalon support thread that keeping your settings prevents the firmware from installing.

In my case that was spot on. I removed the check mark for keep settings and the firmware successfully upgraded to 09/23. It is now running. I will indeed contact you if the unit continues to spontaneously stop hashing at all hours of the day.

Thank you
mrb
legendary

However as pointed out, in the last 48h(?) Avalon reduced their prices from 15 to 12 BTC for 4 modules and that would beat us...
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
joeventura: well is there anybody anywhere offering a better price per Gh/s for NEW hardware available within 2 weeks? Honest question. (Used hardware from some random guy on bitcointalk does not count. It is normal to pay premium for new vs. old.)

legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
joeventura: well is there anybody anywhere offering a better price per Gh/s for NEW hardware available within 2 weeks? Honest question. (Used hardware from some random guy on bitcointalk does not count. It is normal to pay premium for new vs. old.)

I'm not joeventura, but http://avalon-asics.com/ has 4-module units for BTC12 and 60GH/s minis for BTC6.  I have not ordered from them, but they claim that these are available for immediate delivery.
mrb
legendary
Threader: contact [email protected] Sounds like we need to replace your tp-link.
mrb
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Now Why would TAV send out Redhash units with different firmware from the same batch of 27?
I can't even flash the latest firmware. I sent an e-mail to TAV this morning.
[Firmware Version] => 20130703
cgminer-a011fe5
luci-d854edc+
cgminer-openwrt-packages-800cc58

(
   [STATUS] => S
   [When] => 1382123549

Code:
=> 70
   [Msg] => CGMiner stats
   [Description] => cgminer 3.3.1

In the interest of transparency, the initial TPLink i received was not able to establish an Ethernet link Sad Was running via FTDI/USB driver for a couple days before they sent me out a replacement TPLink.
Now Why would TAV send out Redhash units with different firmware from the same batch of 27?

I can't even flash the latest firmware. I sent an e-mail to TAV this morning.

[Firmware Version] => 20130703
cgminer-a011fe5
luci-d854edc+
cgminer-openwrt-packages-800cc58

(
   [STATUS] => S
   [When] => 1382123549

Code:
=> 70
   [Msg] => CGMiner stats
   [Description] => cgminer 3.3.1
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Bertrand saw my post on this forum and personally contacted me. I put that line in my Cron Tab this morning before going to work and shut off the power timer. System stopped hashing maybe 10 minutes after I left and that cron job did sweet fuck all. I had a feeling it was no good as tried manually rebooting with the reboot tab in the web gui and it never got the cgminer to re-start hashing.
Question to all your redhash owners, have you been successful in updating your firmware to 9/23?
Mine doesn't seem to do much and just stays on 07/03.

[Firmware Version] => 20130923
cgminer: 48681dd
cgminer-openwrt-packages: 3527ce4
luci: 296b358

Working well here, although it already had that firmware on it by default.
Activity: 472

60GH goes WENT for 2BTC 2.21BTC+ on Tradehill (even if 110GH Avalons are going for 15 on BitSynCom's site).

FTFY.

That was a one time deal and no one can just buy those units today for the 2.2-3BTC people bid on Tradehill.  Its like saying Avalon batch 1 was only $1500.  So?

Market price for 60Ghash was ~10BTC based on what I was seeing before the diff increase.  So maybe 6BTC now?

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
mrb - would you entertain people sending you Avalon gen1 chips and you churning out complete Redhashes?

plus one
Plus 2

We will do it if there is enough interest.

For example is anybody interested in the following: send us 320 chips (to our company in the USA), and we will assemble a full 105 Ghash/sec Redhash unit and ship it back to you for approximately 14 BTC, shipping of the unit included, worldwide? (This might sound close to Bitsyncom's price, but the advantage over a unit shipped from China is no customs for USA buyers, plus we use higher-quality components, cables, PSUs, fans, our chassis is rackable, etc.)

so $2100 and I supply the chips for 100gh?

That's really nice of you  [/sarcasm]
Bertrand saw my post on this forum and personally contacted me. I put that line in my Cron Tab this morning before going to work and shut off the power timer. System stopped hashing maybe 10 minutes after I left and that cron job did sweet fuck all. I had a feeling it was no good as tried manually rebooting with the reboot tab in the web gui and it never got the cgminer to re-start hashing.

Question to all your redhash owners, have you been successful in updating your firmware to 9/23?

Mine doesn't seem to do much and just stays on 07/03.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
I had a problem with my unit stopping once or twice a day too. The redhash guy says do this:

- Add this line under System => Scheduled Tasks (please copy the line below that starts with "*/5" and ends with "boot", and paste it into the Web GUI):
*/5 *  *   *   *     cgminer-api devs | grep "MHS 5s] => 0.00" && /sbin/reboot
Activity: 351
My unit stops hashing at anytime of day. Doesn't matter if I down clock it or if the ambient air is hot or cold. Very annoying.

Tried some cron job cgminer re-start scripts I found searching this forum but they didn't work. Was forced to buy a digital timer power switch I have set to set power off and on during the times I am not home or sleeping every 2 hours. To date this issue I estimate has cost me 1-2 btc in lost productivity.

What version of cgminer are you using? I had the same issue, but I'm now running 3.4.0 and it hasn't returned.
Pages:
Jump to: