Pages:
Author

Topic: [1050 TH] BitMinter.com [1% PPLNS,Pays TxFees +MergedMining,Stratum,GBT,vardiff] - page 5. (Read 836874 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I just allow a little more power as in amps  6a 5v will do most all usb 2.0 10 port hubs, usb 3.0 12v hubs may or may not work all the time depending on brand, usb asics use usb 2.0 and 1.0 signaling protocol.

End the issue, get a eyeboot 49 port hub from klintay.

hi guys, just letting you all know, ive just got the orico 10 port usb2 hub, its working great, got 10 ant miners u1 plugged in , now waiting on another to further boost my ghs cost US$30

however, after 1 hour, the ten are not stable,

now running with 1x bitfury twin and 5 antminer u1, this will not hold the full 10 ports, (even though it is under the total watts that the power suppply can do)

power supply that came supplied, is a 12v 3 a / 36 watt

each antminer uses 2.5 watt max

can anyone suggest a better powered usb hub prefer more ports than fewer due to power points/plug

Activity: 240
Merit: 250
thank you bit minter for giving me another addiction.    Grin

I take no responsibility for this Tongue

Doc I am getting an Asicminer Tube tomorrow.  Any thoughts on getting it to work on Bitminter if I don't have a ras pi or Linux machine?

Same as any pool but connect to stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333

I hope those don't need a proxy, like older ASICminer machines.

apparently it does as they botched the firmware and it (AM tube) will only connect to ghash as they are returning bad data appended and gnash ignore's.
bfgminer was supposed to work, but some are having problems with that as well.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Doc: Don't know if you saw my post and did something magical on the backend (or if my rented box just decided to actually start working correctly), but my problem appears to be resolved.  Thanks for all your hard work.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
thank you bit minter for giving me another addiction.    Grin

I take no responsibility for this Tongue

Doc I am getting an Asicminer Tube tomorrow.  Any thoughts on getting it to work on Bitminter if I don't have a ras pi or Linux machine?

Same as any pool but connect to stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333

I hope those don't need a proxy, like older ASICminer machines.
btcs, this may help, but sounds like these things need a proxy; https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8549984
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
Doc I am getting an Asicminer Tube tomorrow.  Any thoughts on getting it to work on Bitminter if I don't have a ras pi or Linux machine?

Activity: 17
So my roommate comes to me one day talking about these little things he plugs into his usb ports and says, ya, they'll make me money mining bit coins.  I said to him really?  Tell me how.  It got my attention, so I bought a block erupted cube and started mining for myself.  Cranking out that 30Ghs like no tomorrow and bragging it up that I'm killing his speeds.  Started looking into other machines and reading about efficiencies and all that fun stuff... I'm about to donate my block erupted to my roommates cause.  I feel bad for him.  Only because I bought 2 ant miner s1's and no longer require the cube.  But mining is like crack.  watching those numbers is addicting.  I have 3 more s1's in route...  plan to use them long enough to start upgrading them to the S3's though.  Needed something a little emote powerful to get me there.  with my soon to be combined force.  I'll be pushing close to 1Ths.  So can't wait....  number.... numbers.... thank you bit minter for giving me another addiction.    Grin

Oh look, there's a hole in my bag of marbles....  Oh dear, I think I may have lost them all....
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Just make sure you set a worker difficulty on bitminter.com for their worker that is the same or higher than the difficulty set in the dragons' configs, to prevent them from throwing away valid work.

Is this the Minimum difficulty ? My worker's Min.Dif. is set to 1. What should the value be? Anything to do with CGMINER?

This is only for Dragon ASIC devices. I'm not sure if there are any other ASIC machines with the same problem.

The Dragon machines have a broken implementation of the stratum mining protocol.

With Dragon miners you have to choose in the Dragon miner's config which difficulty to mine at. The server will tell the Dragon miner to switch difficulty. Dragon miner doesn't care. Dragon miner will mine at the wrong difficulty and throw away most of your work.

Example: If the pool tells your Dragon to mine at difficulty 32 but the device's config is set to difficulty 512, then the Dragon machine will happily throw away most of your work and the pool will show you mining at a very low speed.

Solution: set the minimum difficulty for your Bitmitner worker to the same difficulty you have chosen in the Dragon miner config, or higher. You can do this under "my account" -> "workers" in the bitminter.com website menu. Click the gears icon to access the settings for a worker. Also contact the manufacturer and ask them to properly implement the stratum protocol.

If you have one or more of these horribly broken machines, make sure you follow the solution above.

If you don't have this specific mining hardware, don't worry about it.
Activity: 140

Just make sure you set a worker difficulty on bitminter.com for their worker that is the same or higher than the difficulty set in the dragons' configs, to prevent them from throwing away valid work.
[/quote]

Is this the Minimum difficulty ? My worker's Min.Dif. is set to 1. What should the value be? Anything to do with CGMINER?

legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I find it a bit concerning that with my single remaining 10GH BFL unit, I'm holding down position 1423 on the chart.  With 3899 workers, I would have expected to be far lower.

That's position 1423 among the users, not the workers. But still, yes, there is a long tail of very slow users.
I find it a bit concerning that with my single remaining 10GH BFL unit, I'm holding down position 1423 on the chart.  With 3899 workers, I would have expected to be far lower.

Now, if BITMAIN will go ahead and ship B8 early. All my free power is going to waste. Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 251
Always after a website update , a 3 days block . Wth? Huh

Lol
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
Dragons do not like sharing workers on stratum pools

I don't understand how the dragons are even able to detect that they are sharing the same worker. That sounds impossible. So I don't understand how they can have a problem with sharing workers.

Did that, For some reason, It did nothing  Huh I don't understand anything about the dragons, I have told this to friends that have had problems and switching to independent workers worked for them too.

Not to worry, I will be on the list again soon enough.  Grin
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Dragons do not like sharing workers on stratum pools

I don't understand how the dragons are even able to detect that they are sharing the same worker. That sounds impossible. So I don't understand how they can have a problem with sharing workers.

copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
I have not gone either  Grin

My story - I was in the top 30 ish on the list, I had alot of dragon miners that did not want to work well on a stratum pool, So I had to move them all away, Sorry Dr, I could not justify paying to use more workers as a "perk" (for those that don't know, And a useful bit of info, Dragons do not like sharing workers on stratum pools) I am going through my hashing units and chucking on things like S3's back on this pool, So I am still here.

In a way, It's not a bad idea to split hashing power, I dont have all my eggs in one basket.

Lets see some green  Tongue I am trying to get back in the top 50.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=6679
oke, bit suprised to find out.

Calculated the time i was here and on slush pool.

Same time here with the 3 days blocks included so for 3o days here and 30 days Slush pool. I hopped more times so i know for sure all the info. And yes i know that it takes about a few day to a week that the income rises to the amount you really gonna earn for a block, that is the income that i used to count. That and seen what a block i worth now here because of difficulty and the pool hash speed.

Slush pool every bad day about 3 blocks and good or very good day 10 block and most of the days 7 block.
I have 1 s1 that i count and forget for this my 3 u1's and 2 u2's.

With Bitminter i make 1/3 more at least every month with the really bad luck in it.
With good luck i make almost double.

I thought with these badluck days Bitminter was really bad, and Slush pool good.

Learned my lesson and now for sure to stay here, and sorry Dr for hopping or what it is called again, but now i know for sure.

Activity: 68
hi guys, just letting you all know, ive just got the orico 10 port usb2 hub, its working great, got 10 ant miners u1 plugged in , now waiting on another to further boost my ghs cost US$30

however, after 1 hour, the ten are not stable,

now running with 1x bitfury twin and 5 antminer u1, this will not hold the full 10 ports, (even though it is under the total watts that the power suppply can do)

power supply that came supplied, is a 12v 3 a / 36 watt

each antminer uses 2.5 watt max

can anyone suggest a better powered usb hub prefer more ports than fewer due to power points/plug

Activity: 45
This new feature is really nice :)thx doc
i really thought i would be a lot lower on the list Grin
amazing!
Activity: 68
me, well im currently at #1170 Smiley but im moving  up slowly
Activity: 148
SelfPay - ICO PRE SALE - huge Profit !
This new feature is surprisingly fun! I'm number 277! Cheesy