Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 210. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
September 21, 2017, 02:39:37 PM
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
September 21, 2017, 01:38:28 PM
Those of you guys that mine with 6 1080 ti's, what mobo do you find to be most successful? I'm trashing this MSI and going to buy a new one

ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ motherboard; comes ready, no settings changed nothing - started mining from day 1 till today non stop (Besides the crashes that come from overclocking too much) non stop with 8x 1080ti, has slots for 13.

Using windows 10 pro.
Activity: 610
Merit: 265
September 21, 2017, 01:01:26 PM
Will sale offshore for like 3 weeks.
Considering what to do with the rigs...
Just leave it,hard reboot once a day or once a hour...
Is there any real good software that can check if miners are ok and all the cards online?

Some pools send an email if your rig goes offline. I also add a 4 hour restart loop to my nvidia rigs. Lose maybe 0.5% of profit from that restart, but there's no need to worry if something hangs.
JWT
Activity: 57
September 21, 2017, 12:39:09 PM
Will sale offshore for like 3 weeks.
Considering what to do with the rigs...
Just leave it,hard reboot once a day or once a hour...
Is there any real good software that can check if miners are ok and all the cards online?
Activity: 210
September 21, 2017, 11:35:48 AM
For those of you who are not multi algo mining, what are you finding most profitable?

SIGT right now. There are a ton of algos 10-20% less profitable than SIGT, like zec and skein.

where are you guys trading your sigts? i lost like 200 sigts when i tried to deposit at cryptopia, my windows wallet is already showing like 400 confirmations but nothing had hapend in my cryptopia wallet so far..

Yobit. Same I lost some coins, like 1.5k coins... Mined for a whole day before realizing the issue. They say they are still syncing their SIGT wallets. Hopefully we can get our coins back.

Those of you guys that mine with 6 1080 ti's, what mobo do you find to be most successful? I'm trashing this MSI and going to buy a new one

I use Biostar Tb 250 BTC. Runs flawlessly with 6x 1080ti.

This is my rig: http://cryptomininghw.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/banner2.jpg

These run 5 cards since I couldn't find more 1600w psu. Any mining motherboard should work fine, but 8+ cards and dual psu/server psu requires more knowledge to set up.

Thank you,

also I was able to finally recover my SIGT coins from cryptopia yesterday, looks like the wallets went back online
September 21, 2017, 11:22:54 AM
For those of you who are not multi algo mining, what are you finding most profitable?

SIGT right now. There are a ton of algos 10-20% less profitable than SIGT, like zec and skein.

where are you guys trading your sigts? i lost like 200 sigts when i tried to deposit at cryptopia, my windows wallet is already showing like 400 confirmations but nothing had hapend in my cryptopia wallet so far..

Yobit. Same I lost some coins, like 1.5k coins... Mined for a whole day before realizing the issue. They say they are still syncing their SIGT wallets. Hopefully we can get our coins back.

I use Biostar Tb 250 BTC. Runs flawlessly with 6x 1080ti.

This is my rig: http://cryptomininghw.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/banner2.jpg

These run 5 cards since I couldn't find more 1600w psu. Any mining motherboard should work fine, but 8+ cards and dual psu/server psu requires more knowledge to set up.
September 21, 2017, 11:22:31 AM
September 21, 2017, 11:09:22 AM
@VoskCoin , looks like you are having the same issue I was.. after hours of troubleshooting it looks like its my motherboard.. two of the PCIe x1 slots are causing issues when they are plugged in to the entire board, but if I avoid those 2 pci e slots (the 2 between the main pci e x16) it works perfect but I cant run all 5 cards. going to call MSI tomorrow

https://imgur.com/a/EGCVE <- the 2 empty pci e x1 slots are the ones causing the issues.. if any GPU is plugged into them it causes all of the GPUs to run like crap and crash.

are you getting systems inturrupts/high cpu usage? check risers and make sure your set to "gen1" in bios. i had similar troubles once on a x51070 rig, turns out gen1 in bios fixed everything, funny how it goes, good luck man! Smiley
I had changed out every part to looking for the trouble but it was softwear not hardwear in the end ;p

Alright, finally messed around with the PEG settings and tried Gen1, Gen2, and Gen3... none of them were successful

Installed a card into one of the PCIe slots I was having issues with and changed the settings -

Gen1 - performance would go to crap for all the cards.. running skunk I would get 30mh/s for all the cards instead of 48-50

Gen2- performance was a little better but the cards were all running at 40mh/s instead of the 48-50

Gen3 - back to poor performance

I'm clueless on what to do other than buy a new board.. The board has been flashed to to the most recent firmware, guess I'll head over to MSI's forum and see what someone can tell me what to do.
Activity: 47
September 21, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
September 21, 2017, 08:18:20 AM
Where/How do I run nvidia-smi? In on Windows 10 btw. Couldn't find that file anywhere.
Doesn't work from the Windows command line...

Firstly you should cd in your command line to a nvidia folder (for default it's like C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI), and there run the code naresh963 wrote.
Right.
So all my cards are in P2 state... DESPITE me having a nvidiainspector script running every few minutes automatically specifying
-forcepstate:0,0
-forcepstate:1,0
-forcepstate:2,0
-forcepstate:3,0
-forcepstate:4,0
...at the end of each line for my 1080's.

Any suggestions?
September 21, 2017, 08:04:51 AM

DDL
Activity: 196
Stipend - The Freelancer's Currency
September 21, 2017, 08:00:49 AM
Where/How do I run nvidia-smi? In on Windows 10 btw. Couldn't find that file anywhere.

Firstly you should cd in your command line to a nvidia folder (for default it's like C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI), and there run the code naresh963 wrote.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
September 21, 2017, 07:55:52 AM
DDL
September 21, 2017, 07:39:22 AM
zec or sig, i think.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
September 21, 2017, 07:21:34 AM
DDL
September 21, 2017, 05:26:02 AM
How are your cards taking all that algo switching?

why they shouldn't?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
September 21, 2017, 04:38:21 AM
@VoskCoin , looks like you are having the same issue I was.. after hours of troubleshooting it looks like its my motherboard.. two of the PCIe x1 slots are causing issues when they are plugged in to the entire board, but if I avoid those 2 pci e slots (the 2 between the main pci e x16) it works perfect but I cant run all 5 cards. going to call MSI tomorrow

https://imgur.com/a/EGCVE <- the 2 empty pci e x1 slots are the ones causing the issues.. if any GPU is plugged into them it causes all of the GPUs to run like crap and crash.

Are you running a PVMe type SSD on that motherboard?
 Also, a lot of boards disable or reduce lanes to some *physical* x16 slots if you use one or more of the x1 slots on them.

September 21, 2017, 02:56:42 AM

are you getting systems inturrupts/high cpu usage? check risers and make sure your set to "gen1" in bios. i had similar troubles once on a x51070 rig, turns out gen1 in bios fixed everything, funny how it goes, good luck man! Smiley
I had changed out every part to looking for the trouble but it was softwear not hardwear in the end ;p

yes, that is exactly what was happening (only when a GPU is plugged into those PCIe 1x slots shown in image) . Risers are fine, all the GPUs are working great in their current slots.

Its after 3 am here.. I'll mess around with the PEG0 & PEG1 settings tomorrow
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
September 21, 2017, 02:39:31 AM

Activity: 59
Merit: 1
September 21, 2017, 02:34:36 AM
Did you try to update BIOS?
Jump to: